PackardGoose.com Forums

Zappanale 20

punknaynowned - 19-1-2009 at 02:40

It's in Bad Doberan this year Aug 14-16.
The list of players is tremenjous and surprising I think.
I may be simple but how fun would it be to hear Don Preston and Roy Estrada and everyone else break into and play and sing the handsome cabin boy before the baltic sea in old east germany?

Up with sea shanties, I say!
:cool:

punknaynowned - 19-1-2009 at 02:41

anyway, how many are going?

I'm thinking about it.
Well, more than that. I really want to go.

BBP - 19-1-2009 at 13:23

I'm thinking about it, as usual. See if the transportation and stuff works out this time.

punknaynowned - 19-1-2009 at 17:11

Let's Go!

I wonder if Fritz is going and baddy here, aquagoat,

anyone else we can think of?

I want this year to be the year I finally make it to Europe. I have a friend in Italy who wants me to stay in Rome but advises against travelling in Italy in late August.
I would rather not go in August frankly, I'd rather go later, like October.
But this Zappanale looks like the ONE with all the people coming and well, JCB just died.
So I think this has something to do with the number of Mother alumni that are coming.
It looks to be a very dynamite show.

I secured a couple beds in a hostel in Rostock. But Debutante Daisy thinks that's too far away yet I couldn't find any sleep shelter that was closer. Not only do trains run between Rostock and Bad Doberan every half hour, but I'm not carrying a tent and a sleeping bag and all my stuff on the train across Europe for weeks so I can camp with the Zappateers for a couple days. Tho I'd like to spend time with them, and will, I don't want to have to carry all that stuff around for a single three day camping activity.

Two other concerns right now for me, that I try to figure out is where to fly into and how long I get to stay in Venice [the main reason for this trip for me]. Prices to Rome are twice as much as flights in and out of Amsterdam. Hamburg is in between the two for price. I will get a railpass to get around, but that limits the number of contiguous countries I can travel in on the rails, etc.

Yeah, transport and shelter. I keep looking and trying to juggle how much $$ I will need to secure to make it all happen.