PackardGoose.com Forums

We're Only In It For The Money

scallopino - 22-11-2005 at 04:21

IMO, this is quite possibly the greatest album anyone has ever made.

Favourite line: "Hey punk, where you goin' with that button on your shirt?" "I'm goin' to the love-in to sit and play my bongos in the dirt."

Mom and Dad is pretty moving. Other People is outstanding. There are so many great moments.

Pappawas1975 - 22-11-2005 at 10:23

I agree....Great album...

BBP - 22-11-2005 at 18:44

My fave, well one of them... One of my first Zappa-albums.

scallopino - 23-11-2005 at 05:41

Quote:
Originally posted by vivien_o_blivion
this may just get me kicked off the forum-but here goes i actually don't like this album very much!!-in fact i rarely listen to any of the early muthies stuff any more-sacralige i know but hey there we go:-)

That's it vivien! i'm reporting this post!:singer:

I think i like the early Mothers' (pre F and E) more than anything else.

mutronboy - 23-11-2005 at 10:42

I think it's also set and setting with this album

You have to go back in time.....

picture yourself in your psychedelic dungeon...with the lava lamp turned down low...

You've just finished Kafka's book...and you nervously place the needle on side one...

Owsley's finest is just starting to kick in....the walls are breathing

If you're not a blithering wreck by the end of CPMOD on side two....you've done something wrong

The sinister aroma of this album still haunts me to this day.....I love it !!

Don't judge it on the remixed version....it lacks aroma

Pappawas1975 - 23-11-2005 at 11:27

Quote:
Originally posted by vivien_o_blivion
this may just get me kicked off the forum-but here goes i actually don't like this album very much!!-in fact i rarely listen to any of the early muthies stuff any more-sacralige i know but hey there we go:-)

That is very surprising! Shocking in fact.....

James - 1-12-2005 at 19:40

I don't own it but I'm gunna buy it soon.

scallopino - 2-12-2005 at 01:21

Oh man, it'll blow you away!

suterb - 17-7-2007 at 06:49

This was the first FZ album I ever bought. I dunno what possessed me to get it. I'm glad I did, though.

BBP - 17-7-2007 at 11:57

It was around the 5th album I owned, after Son Of Cheap Thrills, Have I offended someone?, Ship/Witch and ('). I got it because it had Take Your clothes Off When You Dance, which was used by a Dutch band for intro.

punknaynowned - 25-7-2007 at 16:17

Quote:
Originally posted by suterb
This was the first FZ album I ever bought. I dunno what possessed me to get it. I'm glad I did, though.

me too!
love it love it love it
It's a way of life!

Jakeobs - 15-6-2008 at 05:59

This is the first album that I listened to after I decided to try to listen to all of FZ's albums before I die. Needless to say, it sealed the deal for me as far as making that a personal goal for me to achieve in my life. GREAT album from start to finish.

scallopino - 15-6-2008 at 12:45

Cool! Another thing about this album is that it's quite full of emotion, which is kind of unusual for FZ (except the usual emotions such as contempt). This one is very contemptuous in parts (like Flower Punk) but it has a lot of other emotions too.