PackardGoose.com Forums

YCDTOSA 1, TWENTY YEARS OLD?

punknaynowned - 12-5-2008 at 07:48

I can't believe it!
I bought it used with a hole punched in the double disk supersized case and a nasty scratch that effected at least a couple songs on cd 1;
Still have that edition
I listen to a ripped copy now.
It was my first of the series and one of the best I think.
The 'intro' Florida Airport Tape and 'Once Upon A Time' were a staple beginning to a set of tapes I made and gave out to many people in the early '90's. It doesn't seem that long ago.

Does anyone else have this one?

polydigm - 12-5-2008 at 12:54

I've got everything except Joe's Corsage and Joe's Domage.

BBP - 12-5-2008 at 16:30

Sure got it... It was a right pain in the neck trying to find it, too.

Badchild - 14-5-2008 at 17:46

i've got everything except the joes saga series....on cd and had everything he did on vinyl until the big fire at my sisters house were my boxes of albums were awaiting shipment to europe...about a thousand lp's became molten black masses in their metal boxes...sniff!

BBP - 15-5-2008 at 11:17

:crying: Sad story, Badchild!

Are you restoring your vinyl collection?

punknaynowned - 16-5-2008 at 01:16

ohhh, that's awful

Badchild - 16-5-2008 at 10:13

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP

Yeah i was despondent for like a week!
I am restoring some of what i had slowly but surely. But a lot of what i had on vinyl in not available on cd....like a lot of ECM records, Jazz recordings and some rock rarities that just dont exist anywhere....I've got maybe 500 cd's now!

punknaynowned - 17-5-2008 at 09:32

Quote:
Originally posted by Badchild
Quote:
Originally posted by BBP

Yeah i was despondent for like a week!
I am restoring some of what i had slowly but surely. But a lot of what i had on vinyl in not available on cd....like a lot of ECM records, Jazz recordings and some rock rarities that just dont exist anywhere....I've got maybe 500 cd's now!

trying to rebuild a collection can be more rewarding and even more frustrating than the first go-round. I won't try to rebuild what I used to have for a long time.
except for the zappa

Batchain - 26-5-2008 at 13:49

Almost everything's been replaced with two glaring exceptions: "Ruben And The Jets" and "Lumpy Gravy". I don't know why "Lumpy" is so listenable and undamaged while "Ruben" an is audile horror show to hear.

--Bat :rolleyes: