PackardGoose.com Forums

Errors thread!

James - 2-10-2005 at 20:22

If you see any site errors, please post them here.

aquagoat - 2-4-2006 at 08:08

When you click on the "Broadway the hard way" picture in the Discography section of the site, you go back to the home page instead of having the track list and musician list for the album.

DED - 2-4-2006 at 08:38

Quote:
Originally posted by aquabot
When you click on the "Broadway the hard way" picture in the Discography section of the site, you go back to the home page instead of having the track list and musician list for the album.

Thanks. I've made a quick repair, must remember to change way in Way (that was the cause) in the off line version wich is already updated with a download section that now is in a test. (index.php in root)

[Edited on 2-4-2006 by DED]

aquagoat - 2-4-2006 at 08:42

Yeah, it works well now.

polydigm - 2-4-2006 at 09:39

All but one of the CD album review links aren't working. Only the one for Cheap Thrills works.

BTW, I wouldn't mind writing some reviews and I have a couple lying around already if you would like to use them on this site.

DED - 2-4-2006 at 10:59

Quote:
Originally posted by polydigm
All but one of the CD album review links aren't working. Only the one for Cheap Thrills works.

BTW, I wouldn't mind writing some reviews and I have a couple lying around already if you would like to use them on this site.

Again as said on the main page (home) When bbp took over the site The forum was'nt working, valueable postings were removed as well as other content in the Zappa part.

The first thing we did was to change adminisrator passwords,
then we updated the forum with new software and we placed an old back-up. Most of it works again. Some problems are left. like the birthday format wich is defined differently in the tableform than in the screenforms. We try to repair that asap. For now the most important thing to remember to all of you is the birthday of bbp ( april, 4) :biggrin:
As for the content to start from scratch is a lot of work.
We are working in the background to get new content.
I try to help as much as possible but unfortenately I do not know a lot about Frank. All help is welcome so if you have something please do not hesitate to send it to bbp (bbp@packardgoose.com)

aquagoat - 2-4-2006 at 19:21

Quote:

For now the most important thing to remember to all of you is the birthday of bbp ( april, 4

I remember that, I've prepared sumthin'.:devil:

DED - 2-4-2006 at 22:19

Quote:

I remember that, I've prepared sumthin'.

o,o do I need to reinstall the forum again the day after tomorrow

aquagoat - 3-4-2006 at 07:48

Don't worry, it's nothing mean.

Batchain - 3-4-2006 at 13:34

PART of my observance of Bonny's B-Day will be to try to refrain from serving up lots and lots of good, healthy insanity! ;-) (That is, à la the FZ forum as in some infamous pics of unflushed toilet bowls.:cool:

--Batchain

[Edited on 4/3/2006 by Batchain]

aquagoat - 3-4-2006 at 13:48

I wanted to write in my previous post: "Let's hope Bat will not offer BBP one of his infamous body presents", but I finally left that out.

I know it's gonna be hard for you to restrain yourself from being as generous as you usually are, but courage Bat, you can do it.:-D

DED - 3-4-2006 at 14:21

I used the link in the menu to zappa.com but I can't come in to the forum. :lol:

BBP - 3-4-2006 at 17:32

Quote:
Originally posted by Batchain
PART of my observance of Bonny's B-Day will be to try to refrain from serving up lots and lots of good, healthy insanity! ;-) (That is, à la the FZ forum as in some infamous pics of unflushed toilet bowls.:cool:

--Batchain

[Edited on 4/3/2006 by Batchain]

Oh, that's sweet! Thank you!

DED - 4-4-2006 at 14:20

Tried to work on the birthday problem today but it strikes back.
The form asks you month,day,year.
The table field shows 0000-00-00 that means year/mm/dd or year/dd/mm. That's is why it is not stored.
I filled in directly in the table my birthday wich is 16/4/1955
My profile now is showing 31/12/1969 :grin:
I think I leave the error :D
But seriously, has anybody some insights in mysql?
It is not a formula error, when I fil in de differnce 1941 it remains 1969.

aquagoat - 5-4-2006 at 18:37

No track list for the "You are what you is" album in discography section.

DED - 5-4-2006 at 22:39

corrected

polydigm - 6-3-2008 at 08:45

When threads with more than one page are listed the page numbers in brackets often have the last number missing. For example, the Uh Oh thread in the Chit Chat forum shows 1 2 3 4 5 6 in brackets but there are 7 pages. Is this a known bug?

BBP - 6-3-2008 at 10:27

Yep. It's bugging me too. I have admin tools that should correct it, but they don't.

polydigm - 6-10-2010 at 00:37

I've probably mentioned this before but all my post times are wrong because the control panel won't let me select Adelaide. Now of course we're on daylight saving so they're even further out. Adelaide is currently GMT+10.5 and I managed to select Sydney's non daylight time which is GMT+10 so I'm still half an hour out.

DED - 6-10-2010 at 16:20

Maybe it works now.
Otherwise, you have to move:D

polydigm - 8-10-2010 at 00:39

When I tried the other interfaces that you can choose from in your control panel they all had icons and stuff missing. Only the default look seems to be complete. Which is okay, because I think I prefer the new default anyway.

DED - 8-10-2010 at 08:28

Correct. I only checked the default in the beginning, but since you asked.
I will remove the sets with the extension -old
and check the new ones. But there is something wrong.
You can see it on the search/faq/memberlist bar
I have to check that out.
Fortenately we have still a copy of the new forum so we can try without working in the actual forum

Calvin - 9-10-2010 at 00:03

I dated a girl that was really mean to me.

(Sorry, I guess this if for forum errors and not life errors)

DED - 10-10-2010 at 08:34

We want to know all about that, but I presume there is a better topic (or a new one) in chit chat

polydigm - 19-5-2011 at 09:18

This software is still not working out times properly. We're not on daylight saving any more in Adelaide and my GMT plus 9:30 option still isn't working because your forum software is adding an hour to GMT for some reason. I just checked in my control panel and it said GMT was 9:15 AM when it was actually 8:15 AM.

DED - 19-5-2011 at 10:24

They probably mess it up with bst (Bristish summer time in summer and gmt in winter.

polydigm - 22-5-2011 at 06:35

It is possible to get GMT from a server, so you're probably right, the XMB people are probably getting British time from the server instead. Pity they can't fix it in an update or something, it's hardly a complicated problem.

polydigm - 21-8-2011 at 04:50

Can you guys edit the entries in the pop up list for time zones? That would be a way around the current time bug. Add an entry in there for GMT + 8:30 and I can use that until the bigger problem gets fixed.

DED - 21-8-2011 at 17:26

Adding is a bit difficult because it is not one place to edit , I wil try to found out where. Meantime I changed 9.5 in 8.5 in the member zone. If this works it is ok with me. Pls check out.

polydigm - 23-8-2011 at 13:36

Member zone? In the control panel there's a Time Offset, but there's no 8:30 choice.

DED - 23-8-2011 at 21:12

Correct. The menu with options to choose from (Adelaide + 9.30) is provided by the operational system. The forum software uses this choice to set your time difference in your profile. I changed it in the forum software so you see 9.30 but it works with 8.30.

DED - 23-8-2011 at 21:23

Below you see part of the script
It fills $selHTML with the timezone you choose.
Then it adds the difference.
You see that the 9.5 is changed into 8.5
That should do the trick.
If not I change it back and will find another solution.

Quote:

$timezone26 = $selHTML;
break;
case '8.00':
$timezone27 = $selHTML;
break;
case '9.00':
$timezone28 = $selHTML;
break;
case '8.50':
$timezone29 = $selHTML;
break;
case '10.00':
$timezone30 = $selHTML;
break;

polydigm - 23-8-2011 at 23:12

No, it's not working. At the top of the page it says 8:39 AM but it's actually 7:39 AM. Thanks for trying DED.

DED - 24-8-2011 at 21:34

Tried something different. But it is one of the last thing I can do at this moment.

polydigm - 24-8-2011 at 22:37

Still got the extra hour. Oh well. You realise that in October it will work because the UK will drop the hour. This forum doesn't have a daylight saving option, but if it did I would have to not use it. ;)

DED - 22-3-2012 at 13:00

Oh, boy This weekend again it is summertime. Wonder what it will do for Poly this time.

polydigm - 24-3-2012 at 15:51

Well, my time is working at the moment, but we go off daylight saving time in April. I just checked my control panel and it says my time offset is GMT, but I am seeing the correct time for where I am actually displayed. I can see where the developers are getting this wrong though. Calling GMT London time is only right for half of the year.

polydigm - 1-4-2012 at 00:08

Hey DED, we just went off summer time last night. Playing around with my time in the control panel makes it clear to me that there is a bug in the software. They're definitely using the UK's time instead of GMT, which is a mistake. Adelaide's time zone is +9:30 from GMT. The UK at the moment is on summer time, so they're at GMT + 1:00. We're off summer time in Adelaide so this forum has me on UK + 9:30 = GMT + 1:00 + 9:30, which is wrong. It's midnight in the UK and 8:30AM here. I should be on GMT + 9:30, that is, right now, 11:08PM + 9:30 = 8:38AM, which would be correct of course.

The developers should work out how to use a time server. My Mac is never wrong with the time because I use a time server and ever since I've been using an iPhone the time has never been wrong for the same reason. Every mobile phone I had before that stuffed up twice a year, each time the clocks changed. Seriously, any computer programmer deserving of the title should have time under control at the very least.

[Edited on 31-3-12 by polydigm]

DED - 24-4-2012 at 21:35

I saw today on a sort of ebay for collectors a zappa album on vinyl. (just another band ...). Not so familiair with the life and work of Frank as BBP is I wanted to check it out on our discography in the other("main" part of Goose). It didn't work neither did any other menu option.

First thought was being hacked, but then I remembered the change from PHP 4 to PHP5.2
Looking for what was changed and code that didn't work on PHP5.2

But there was nothing to find. So I checked the code bit by bit with the new standard components and found out that Nasty James had used old insufficient code. I changed switch($id) in switch($_GET[id]) and we are up again.

polydigm - 18-8-2014 at 00:20

(1) When I logged on today I got database connection errors and was asked to check my username and password. After two attempts I refreshed the login and I was already in by that stage.

(2) I tried editing my profile and I got an error saying my email address is invalid.

BBP - 18-8-2014 at 10:00

Okay... I've been having trouble yesterday as well, but I thought that could be related to my miserable dial-up. Something here's wrong and I lose internet connection every few minutes.

aquagoat - 18-8-2014 at 16:45

"Database connection error!
A connection to the Database could not be established.
Please check your username, password, database name and host.
Also make sure config.php is rightly configured!

The system has failed to process your request. If you're an administrator, please set the DEBUG flag to true in config.php."

That's the message I've just had.

BBP - 18-8-2014 at 22:18

Thanks Aqua!

aquagoat - 19-8-2014 at 05:39

You're welcome.

aquagoat - 3-1-2015 at 15:04

there are still a few connection problems BB.

BBP - 3-1-2015 at 16:15

We're not having website problems anymore now that we have a glass fiber connection: do you have any more details?

aquagoat - 3-1-2015 at 16:20

I'll give your more info as soon as it bugs again.