PackardGoose.com Forums

Merzbow!

BBP - 29-10-2006 at 16:30

Start your Merzbow discussions here!

I just got F.I.D. and only had a chance to play the first disc. (Newspaper rounds, you know...) Nice and strange... a bit like that electronic section in DAAU's Nowhere Beach.

aquagoat - 3-11-2006 at 09:42

Yeah, Merzbow's great, I must thank Gojira again for making me discover this guy.
I've only got a few records, but it's pretty addictive music. he manages to get all sorts of atmosphere with only noise. I really like that. so far I havent been disappointed.

so you must have been able to listen to the entire F.I.D. record Bonny, so what's you opinion now ?

Pappawas1975 - 3-11-2006 at 18:35

I just listened to Rainbow Electronics 2, which Ive had for a while but hadnt checked out. Great album, but way too long IMO. I have had to calm down on buying Merzbow cos I just cant keep up with him. Am awaiting Music For Bondage Performance Vol 1 though.....
Am also tempted by Metamorphism, but judging by the reviews so far, I think Ill leave it. A single disc, but its way expensive, due to coming in a marble box!

BBP - 3-11-2006 at 21:21

Quote:
Originally posted by aquagoat
Yeah, Merzbow's great, I must thank Gojira again for making me discover this guy.
I've only got a few records, but it's pretty addictive music. he manages to get all sorts of atmosphere with only noise. I really like that. so far I havent been disappointed.

so you must have been able to listen to the entire F.I.D. record Bonny, so what's you opinion now ?

Nice, really... Kinda depends what you're doing. Mind you it's not music to listen to through wireless headphones. (Then again, no music is great for wirelesses). Needs some more listening before I have a more interesting opinion ready.