PackardGoose.com Forums

What are you listening to right now, Phase V.V.II

ursinator2.0 - 23-7-2022 at 22:15

Louis Cole et Marc Rebillet à Jazz à Vienne

Eddie RUKidding - 23-7-2022 at 22:59

Michael Hedges iive on the Double Planet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BM1p8BMuNo

ursinator2.0 - 30-7-2022 at 10:37

Jeff Cotton - Does It Work For You (Official Video)

Eddie RUKidding - 30-7-2022 at 22:35

Quote: Originally posted by ursinator2.0  

Nice one :guitar::guitar:

ursinator2.0 - 3-8-2022 at 19:23

Let it Happen - Louis Cole

ursinator2.0 - 7-8-2022 at 18:33

Quote: Originally posted by Eddie RUKidding  
Quote: Originally posted by ursinator2.0  

Nice one :guitar::guitar:

The Fantasy of Reality: Jeff Cotton talks about his new album and life after Captain Beefheart

meanwhile: Primus - Follow The Fool (Official Video) :cool:

BBP - 7-8-2022 at 19:26

OMG Primus has 2 new songs I hadn't heard yet and they're better than anything since Brown! Wootwootwoot

ursinator2.0 - 14-10-2022 at 20:09

Quality Over Opinion (lyrics video. full album) - Louis Cole

Shock! John Cage & Yoko Ono: Live Japan 1962

Eddie RUKidding - 15-4-2023 at 00:03

A Long Eternity With Yoko Ono (Looks like Yoko has plenty of practice before Fillmore East ) :mad:
I think I would prefer Yoko"'s variations on 4'33"

A wonder if Zappa ever considered a collaboration with John Cage (Prob never had the opportunity or desire ?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC_bg0_Tp4g&lc=Ugzf94QaPaOOaXAr_...

polydigm - 16-4-2023 at 09:06

Quote: Originally posted by BBP  
OMG Primus has 2 new songs I hadn't heard yet and they're better than anything since Brown! Wootwootwoot

Are you talking about Conspiranoid? Very interesting. It's on BandCamp and I'm thinking of buying the digital album.

polydigm - 22-4-2023 at 10:29

I ended up buying the Conspiranoid EP, which has 3 tracks. It's about twenty minutes, with the eponymous track over eleven minutes long. It's as good as Green Naugahyde.

Eddie RUKidding - 14-10-2023 at 22:09

A sad day in Oz today the Looney right have prevailed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf-jHCdafZY

polydigm - 18-10-2023 at 03:21

A sad day in Oz today the Looney right have prevailed
Don't get me started. Makes me feel ashamed of my Australian citizenship. Every time I see a picture of Dutton my skin almost crawls right off my body.

Eddie RUKidding - 18-10-2023 at 19:54

Dutton has the same effect on me, hope its not contagious :biggrin:

Eddie RUKidding - 13-1-2024 at 03:35

Eddie RUKidding - 13-1-2024 at 04:21

with Crisco on it

Caputh - 13-1-2024 at 15:30

with Crisco on it

A classic, though for sheer, messily improvised comic obscenity I prefer Derek and Clive "Come Again" - particularly the "My Mum Song".

Eddie RUKidding - 13-1-2024 at 19:53

^ Agreed, I just going thru and playing some of my Vinyl LP's before i box them up for the house move to Kingston South Australia........ Even selling some to the local 2nd hand record shop but not those ones above. Think I might have Come Again somewhere here - was also listening to Cheech and Chong's Wedding Album yesterday lol

PS am selling my 2nd copies of Sheik Yerbouti (CBS) and Burnt Weenie Sandwich.

Bloat on from Lets make a Dope Deal is particularly good - hope the Neighbours liked it - played it loud :drool:
https://youtu.be/YLmzZmmK3R4

Wife didn't even pick up on Derek and Clive at Vol, their English Ascents somewhat disguise what they are saying in rural Oz :biggrin:

Eddie RUKidding - 14-1-2024 at 00:03

Sunday Moring here playing this on the my Nak RX202

Henry - 11-2-2024 at 21:31

You look well at home in your new place Eddie with the records and turntable set up. Hopefully you'll have nothing to do with those bogans again.

I've just been listening to Mississippi John Hurt's 1928 sessions and before that Sheila Chandra 's album 'Weaving my ancestor's voices'. She's a strange one. I originally heard her fronting some bangra sharn and she wrote a self-help book on clearing house clutter. My mother had a copy. I read it over a pot of tea. This album though is rather fine in mixing together music from various countries and times without sounding contrived and also some rather bizarre chanting of made up words which works rather well too.

Henry - 17-3-2024 at 12:55

I'm enjoying a brace of fine records just now. Hot Rats sounds great on the Bernie Grundman 2008 remaster. I got that new and sealed. Only Peaches en regalia was known to me so it is a fabulous treasure trove of new music.

On Friday I secured a mint copy of James Blood Ulmer's 1983 LP 'Odyssey' for just a tenner. The harmolodic Avant Gutwrenching electric guitarist has an unusual style that doesn't require a bass and the album benefits from an electric violinist who sometimes uses a wah wah pedal. It is great stuff and I imagine not unknown in this Zappa forum?

Eddie RUKidding - 17-3-2024 at 21:53

Glad you liked Hot Rats - its a beauty, next you should listen to Waka/Jawaka (also known as Waka/Jawaka — Hot Rats) followed by the Grand Wazoo- all of these LP's are interconnected and are similarly Jazz influenced.

I'm just playing Jethro Tull A Passion Play - got it in good used nick for $20 :cool:

Henry - 17-3-2024 at 23:19

Hot Rats really is a beauty and I love how it progresses into full on fusion. I was going to ask for suggestions about what should come next, though it will probably be a year or two until I get it, so I'll look into Waka/Jawaka. I have Grand Wazoo on CD. That is very good.

Passion Play is a nice one. Do you have the Chateau d'isaster tapes? I was listening to them for a long time before getting A Passion Play.

Eddie RUKidding - 18-3-2024 at 02:32

Chateau d'isaster tapes No - I'll have to look them up. was surprised to see passion play at the second hand record shop in Robe lol, so grabbed it

Henry - 18-3-2024 at 14:49

Was definitely worth grabbing. I don't have This Was, Minstrel, TAAB or Passion Play on vinyl so would stump up for a good one of any of those for a tenner.

I got the Chateau d'isaster stuff from a double CD called 'Nightcap' which had a fair bit of decent unreleased material on it.

Eddie RUKidding - 18-3-2024 at 21:25

Will check out Nightcap', the first Jethro Tull LP I ever brought was "Original Masters", got it in 1987 back in the day - think I have about 6 of their LP's on Vinyl :shy:

Henry - 19-3-2024 at 13:31

The Chateau d'isaster tapes are also on the '20 years of Jethro Tull' 5 LP boxset. However that is best avoided if you see a vinyl copy. I bought it when it came out in 1988 and the audio is virtually unplayable. It is so compressed that it sounds like it is coming out of a seventies transistor radio.

My vinyl of Benefit had the status of 'best music ever' back in the day and I've played it to pieces. That is probably the only one that I would replace. There is a remaster from 2013 which is out of my price range and I'm not sure whether the lo-fi original would benefit from the greater detail that a remaster would achieve. I'll probably just keep an eye out in the bins for a decent OG.

Eddie RUKidding - 19-3-2024 at 21:23

Thanks for the heads up on the box set, I brought a Bruce Springsteen (Yuck) box set nack in the day - as was going cheap and has the same problem compressed to oblivion- Thats one thing that was never a problem with Zappa LP's (except the pirates), always very high quality.

Eddie RUKidding - 22-3-2024 at 12:29

Gotta post this one- Billy Thorpe- always sang from the heart, even if the songs did not always works but this one does for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2otYUKVnSo

Eddie RUKidding - 22-3-2024 at 12:42

One more from Billy - Give it some time just let it got to 2.30 when he lets the guitar start to rip- acoustic version Billy style lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVrt5IY7ak8

Eddie RUKidding - 22-3-2024 at 13:01

Sorry last one from Billy = Oz music hero - can not post this one - with Mick Fleetwood on drums one of his mates
https://youtu.be/t0UFqtHg_A0