Photos!

BBP - 22-8-2007 at 19:04

Post your photos here!

DED - 22-8-2007 at 21:06

my crashed car in 1993 (on ploegtube)
click here

ctzn - 23-8-2007 at 17:12

Hey Bonnie!
I used to be ctzn_o_knrc over at zappa.com. First time posting here even though I have been registered for a while.

That's me on the right and our resident kiwi on the left.

BBP - 23-8-2007 at 19:26

Nice photo!

But just to remind you of my name and its spelling:;)

(clip from comic: Raymond Macherot's Sybeline)

[Edited on 23-8-07 by BBP]

ctzn - 23-8-2007 at 19:48

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Nice photo!

But just to remind you of my name and its spelling:;)

(clip from comic: Raymond Macherot's Sybeline)

Whoops!!!
::hides in fear of retaliation::

BBP - 24-8-2007 at 09:17

:) If I had a FZ album every time my name had been misspelled, my collection could make a completist jealous. So no worries!

[Edited on 24-8-07 by BBP]

BBP - 30-8-2007 at 18:29

punknaynowned - 1-9-2007 at 02:47

this looks familiar some how
a character from a book I haven't read or from a movie I haven't seen?

BBP - 1-9-2007 at 15:03

Dunno... made lots of pics from graffiti, like this:

BBP - 6-9-2007 at 10:17

punknaynowned - 7-9-2007 at 09:23

thank you for posting the pictures of countryside and landscapes Bonny! It helps me in so many ways to get a sense of terrain (OH so important) when reading about the Burgund wars and before (1400's). I have a decent topo map of france and the lowlands and sometimes some decent pictures of the hills across france, but very few really of the areas around where you live. and 500 years ago, networks of trade were being set up there the likes of which would transform the region if not how people began to see the importance of commerce over war
I think I saw one too of a 360 degree view near a river maybe, fantastic!
:bouncy:

BBP - 7-9-2007 at 20:16

A very large part of the netherlands is concrete nowadays... I haven't yet seen a spot where you're completely away from civilisation in the vicinity of my living area. There's always some tall buildings on the horizon that spoil the horizon.

DED - 8-9-2007 at 16:41

some airpictures from our surroundings
we live close to the upper row
Third picture shows the A2 from Eindhoven towards Maastricht. Upper right in this Photo lies in or closely to Belgium. With my Bike I go often cross the hay in the left then crossover the highway towards Belgium
Pictures of Eindhoven in our neighbourhood

BBP - 9-9-2007 at 20:58

[Edited on 9-9-07 by BBP]

DED - 10-9-2007 at 11:56

Brr. It is something I alway wanted to see in the museum. Funny is that I looked into the Wrong museum.
The Hague municipal, but I have should been in the Hague histrorical museum.

Just remembered, we have in our Private Bibliotheque an "Atlas Classique" in the French Belgian Language
1922 - 1926
It is in a worse shape but very interesting

[Edited on 10-9-07 by BBP]

BBP - 11-9-2007 at 09:07

This is Cy, a little cyclops kitten. Born in January 2006 and passed away a day later.

BBP - 13-9-2007 at 12:21

Kitty I knitted.

punknaynowned - 14-9-2007 at 06:53

this is a view of where I work:

in fact, the table on the far wall is where I usually do most things, here you can see dough rolled into flat 'skins' that are stacked. I made those into what we call empanadas here :)
where that person stands is the main central axis of activity in the restaurant (so, right behind me all the time) and from the front to the back of the house. not much room at all. In the lower right of the pic is where breakfast is cooked. the metal basket close to the camera at the end of the 'hall' where the dishwasher works and this shot is taken from the clock-in, laundry room
:)

[Edited on 14-9-2007 by punknaynowned]

BBP - 14-9-2007 at 07:19

Those pans could use some cleaning on the outside ;)
What are empanadas?

DARK ATMOSPHERE WATER

Batchain - 14-9-2007 at 17:34

A TINY LIGHT FROM A WINDOW HOLE A HUNDRED YARDS AWAY IS ALL HE EVER GETS TO KNOW ABOUT THE REGULAR LIFE IN THE DAY..... :-D

[Edited on 14-9-07 by Batchain]

Batchain - 14-9-2007 at 18:11

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a91/GOConnor/Ike_Willis_Sel_Works.jpg

And a unique guitarist/vocalist shows up unexpectedly!:guitar:

BBP - 15-9-2007 at 08:09

Oh hey! Nice pics!

punknaynowned - 18-9-2007 at 06:39

dough with filling, baked to a golden pastry color

hahahahahaa

[Edited on 18-9-2007 by punknaynowned]

BBP - 22-9-2007 at 21:10

How come those sheets of paper float there... ;)

Is that you?

It may be a late reply... lately whenever I come here, I'm too focused on deleting spam accounts so I forget to look at new mail sometimes.:freak:

[Edited on 22-9-07 by BBP]

BBP - 26-9-2007 at 08:29

Insert your own caption here.

punknaynowned - 26-9-2007 at 22:24

they're sitting on a clipboard that sits on a subwoofer that's black, whose edges don't show up in a b/w foto

yes, me,
and I like sharing company with betty boop and goofy.
the angel tho is looking at her hands in a curious manner that I don't think I understand . ..

I came here tho, wondering if you'll go to the show tonight in Amsterdam and may be too late to find out . ..

BBP - 27-9-2007 at 09:09

Are you going to Amsterdam? It was sold-out before I had made my mind up. But Tilburg yesterday was awesome! I even saw Moon!

Check the Review site!

[Edited on 27-9-07 by BBP]

BBP - 2-11-2007 at 20:46

Quote:
Originally posted by punknaynowned
they're sitting on a clipboard that sits on a subwoofer that's black, whose edges don't show up in a b/w foto

yes, me,
and I like sharing company with betty boop and goofy.
the angel tho is looking at her hands in a curious manner that I don't think I understand . ..

I came here tho, wondering if you'll go to the show tonight in Amsterdam and may be too late to find out . ..

To me the joke was it looked like Goofy was mocking with that angel. And on second looks, it even seems like the deer behind it is mocking with the wings.

There's a lot of them statues around here, in roadside altars and stuff. I think they're totally ugly.

BBP - 2-11-2007 at 20:50

Image of the gigantic book market that happens every year in EHV and lasts 4 days. I bought a French course for DED, a Romanian course for myself, a make-your-own-caleidoscope set, a roll of fabric, and a double book: Dracula and Frankenstein.

Not sure if it shows up in this pic, but at the Culture section they were selling Michael Gray's FZ biography at under 6E. I paid 20. :pissed:

DED - 3-11-2007 at 09:48

The building is called the "beursgebouw" and was a few years ago known but not in a positive way.
Someone had organized a concert of Tom Jones. A lot of shops in Eindhoven sell many tickets. Tom Jones in Eindhoven wow. The owners of the building invest a lot in tribunes, stage,seats and so on.
Then it appear to be a confidence trick.
Tom Jones and his manager knew about nothing, people lost their money, and shops their good name.

BBP - 3-11-2007 at 11:23

Never heard of that... I know Limp Bizkit was scheduled to play there once, which is not good for anyone's name.

DED - 3-11-2007 at 14:22

One of the guys who sold tickets in his shop (Tongelresestraat) (post office, sigarets and books) was living first in our neighbourhood. He and his father and mother lived in the Kempensebaan where we lived at no 68 (The house you were born) he lived at the opposite site on the corner where his father had a shop for paint and wallpaper, on the side he already had a small post office. Later on he moved with his business to the Tongelresestraat. The Tom Jones story plaid somewhere around the late nineties.

punknaynowned - 4-11-2007 at 12:12

here's a photo from the latest production of EMU theater, the theater group I'm a part of :D

BBP - 4-11-2007 at 12:40

Niiiiiiiiiice! What are you playing?

punknaynowned - 6-11-2007 at 09:01

I am playing the man with the camera;)
I shot 20 hours of video for the halloween show for documentation purposes.
the show, rehearsals, auditions, production meetings, etc. a little bit of everything.We wanted to scare people, to give them something to think about o the way home, do a cinematic themed piece of live theater, that 'eats' itself . . .
consumed by its own mindlessness:regan:

BBP - 6-11-2007 at 09:50

Sounds cool!
But I would like to know what sort of plays you perform.

punknaynowned - 6-11-2007 at 20:42

all sorts. comedy, drama, short, long, shakespeare, modern, but mostly locally written:D

BBP - 6-11-2007 at 21:18

Ah that's fun, local plays! Sigh... reminds me of the only play I wrote that got performed, which was a disaster. With 6 weeks time for prepare, I had to spend 4 just getting the cast of 4 people together. And then you have a group larger than 3, so it becomes impossible to find a time when you all drop by at a rehearsal.

There's no pics of that (which involved one character jumping offstage). But there are pictures of me at the last play I was in, which was very funny. Maybe they're here somewhere. The only time you'll ever see a grown-up Bonny in a pink dress.:-D

punknaynowned - 7-11-2007 at 04:14

Quote:
Originally posted by BBPWith 6 weeks time for prepare, I had to spend 4 just getting the cast of 4 people together. And then you have a group larger than 3, so it becomes impossible to find a time when you all drop by at a rehearsal.

this is always a problem. It's a two month commitment where everything else has to be pushed aside. When the cast and crew is more like 15 or 20 or more people it gets harder still. you have to break up into groups and deal with the different aspects bit by bit and then get everyone to agree on the week prior for all the full run rehearsals: a load-in of the set, a cue-to cue on the stage with the set and cast, a tech rehearsal to make sure everything works before a dress rehearsal and then the shows.
I shot this whole thing and it was hard for me because I don't even own a camera. Now I have to transfer and edit the whole thing without any equipment like software to do it!

[Edited on 7-11-2007 by punknaynowned]

DED - 7-11-2007 at 11:44

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
............................But there are pictures of me at the last play I was in, which was very funny. Maybe they're here somewhere. The only time you'll ever see a grown-up Bonny in a pink dress.:-D

Click here for a grown- up bonny in a pink dress

[Edited on 7-11-2007 by DED]

BBP - 7-11-2007 at 19:46

"Look, I (.....) and I realize we have just met and all that, but I thought I'd ask you anyway. Will you marry me?"

The fellow on the left laughed just like Louie the Turkey. When I picked up LG (a year after this), I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

punknaynowned - 8-11-2007 at 10:30

hahahaaa!
I understand another layer why that role is so funny for you!
why you get asked that or are quick to play out that 'role' on the internet!
hahahhahaaahaha!
very funny, you see it yourself as funny

BBP - 8-11-2007 at 11:18

The "red nose" thing was a twist by our director, Claudia. She considered it "funny" if we were all wearing a red nose. Good idea. Except that having something on your nose really blocks your breathing and makes your voice go funny (mine anyway, I have a very nasal voice). And, to stop them from falling off, we had to attach them using pins and rubber bands. After the premiere, during the ovation, I took it off and was clapping for the director, whilst still having it in my hand. OUCH!

What you can't see on the photo is I'm wearing high heels, which were killing me. Especially during the end (YOU MEN ARE ALL THE SAME! ALL AFRAID OF COMMITMENT! ANY FORM OF COMMITMENT! ARE THERE NO REAL MEN LEFT?!) after which I had to walk away angrily, stamping my feet.

At first we were to perform "The accidental death of an anarchist", in which I was the 2nd madman (the madman part was so huge our director split it). As more and more players couldn't combine it with college anymore, we had to switch to something completely different. A collage of various movie monologues. Sources I recall are X-files, American Beauty, and Snatch!.

punknaynowned - 9-11-2007 at 06:32

ha! "beauty is a pair of shoes that makes ya wanna die"

BBP - 9-11-2007 at 10:31

Can't get enough of the following screenie:

Scene from Shivers (Sierra, 1995). Love the hearth, the spirals are gorgeous!
What you can't see about these pictures, is that the creature in it is very swift, and you have to be pretty fast with the PrintScreen button in order to produce such an image.

BBP - 9-11-2007 at 17:29

DED - 10-11-2007 at 19:04

knowing bbp that warning sign is not a hoax

BBP - 27-11-2007 at 21:01

Made 2 pics of myself using the self-timer, showing off myself and my latest purchase.
Of course, DED had to be an asshole. He was on pic 2 too, but as he was looking like Humpty Dumpty, he told me to cut him off.
Red eyes have been retouched. I used red light prevention flash, but it didn't work.

DED - 28-11-2007 at 14:44

What a mess
It ruins your pictures

BBP - 28-11-2007 at 19:59

Yup... and we could've cleaned the room, too! :P

DED - 30-11-2007 at 23:39

I've cleaned today, but there is still a mess.
I think we have HD (Horizontal disease) wich means that as soon as we discover somewhere a horizontal surface, we put something on it.

BBP - 1-12-2007 at 19:15

...HD is actually a syndrom... Hip Disorder, often found with shepherd dogs.

DED - 1-12-2007 at 23:08

and a hard disk, high density and many more.

A syndrom is not a disease.
(wiki)

In medicine and psychology, the term syndrome refers to the association of several clinically recognizable features, signs (discovered by a physician), symptoms (reported by the patient), phenomena or characteristics that often occur together, so that the presence of one feature alerts the physician to the presence of the others. In recent decades the term has been used outside of medicine to refer to a combination of phenomena seen in association.

In technical medical language, a "syndrome" refers only to the set of detectable characteristics. A specific disease, condition, or disorder may or may not be identified as the underlying cause

BBP - 2-12-2007 at 21:43

HD is not a disease. It's a birth defect. Kinda like what our aunt has with her shoulder.

BBP - 4-12-2007 at 18:36

A nice quick screen capture by me:

Batchain - 8-12-2007 at 20:46

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
...HD is actually a syndrom... Hip Disorder, often found with shepherd dogs.
And not uncommonly found in "Batchains" who fall asleep on fat floating sofas that are too narrow.:rolleyes: :grin:

--Bat ;-)

[Edited on 8-12-07 by Batchain]

BBP - 9-12-2007 at 23:31

Ooh dear! Never fall asleep on the sofa if you can prevent it! Bad for health.

punknaynowned - 10-12-2007 at 00:25

that's a strange picture! Looking down on rushing water from a bridge of some sort. Yet the shadow of the column on the left makes the whole thing lean somehow, especially with how you framed it which is just fine.
It's strange, tho it looks computer generated but I know it's not . . .
of course at first I thought it was the underside of a sofa

BBP - 10-12-2007 at 15:19

This is the underside of our sofa. After I bought the fotogenical PC game Shivers (the screen cap a few pics above comes from this game), I showed my new purchase to my father. In just a few seconds time he managed to drop it between seat and arm. It had slid between two wooden plates, and Dad cut open the bottom of the couch to get it out.

DED - 11-12-2007 at 10:09

There is more, after a week or 2, My other daughter was copying CD's and one of them slipped into the two parts in the corner. After deconecting the corner parts a long lost Watch was also found.
Visiting my mother, (BBP's grand mother) she was complaining that after my brother sitting on the bank the measurelint had disappeared. Prbably she said it was gone between the stting and the arm. With my long arms I managed to get the measurelint back but I touched something strange too. Scary. After I was brave enough for a second try, I fished a coin of 2 Euro's. Half an hour later my mother was 12.70 Euro's richer it cam all out of the sofa.
So, lesson number one. If you miss something, check out your seats.

BBP - 11-12-2007 at 12:15

When we moved into a new house 10 years ago, we lifted our couch and heard something rattle. DED decided to cut it open to check what's in it. It was a tiny little ball belonging to our miniature roulette, this ball had been missing for at least 2 years.

BBP - 14-12-2007 at 20:22

An Apache helicopter crashed into electric wires over the Bommelerwaard in The Netherlands.
For nice pics, check http://www.brabantsdagblad.nl/regios/bommelerwaard/2308459/Apache-v...

punknaynowned - 15-12-2007 at 07:19

Oh on behalf of all the regular people here in the States
I'm sorry
hope no one was hurt:freak:

BBP - 15-12-2007 at 20:27

Nope, but at least 8 million E damage, and 50.000 households were without electricity for 2 days.

DED - 16-12-2007 at 12:47

and probably, in nine months time a lot of newborn Dutchies :yawn:

BBP - 20-12-2007 at 15:22

First snowfall of this season!

DED - 20-12-2007 at 22:14

say cheese :crying:

BBP - 20-12-2007 at 22:24

Trying to place your best smile on a photo and keeping the camera steady at the same time is veeeeeeeeeeeery difficult!

scallopino - 26-12-2007 at 14:21

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP

First snowfall of this season!

I have seen snow once in my life. I was four or five years old. It was cold. :drool:

I would like to give it another shot though. Our cows would look funny with snow on them.

BBP - 26-12-2007 at 17:53

You have cows? Cool!

All of the snow is gone now... But I did make some nice pictures today.

DED - 27-12-2007 at 11:05

Cows in the snow? They should be in a stable overhere.

scallopino - 28-12-2007 at 05:05

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
You have cows? Cool!

All of the snow is gone now... But I did make some nice pictures today.

Cows are cool when they are really young and when they are not doing much (just being themselves). When you separate calves from cows, for then next week or so you won't sleep because they make such a racket.

BBP - 28-12-2007 at 12:10

A cute little group of cows had spotted my sister and me when we walked to them, so they immediately walked at us (probably thinking "FOOD!").

Had the idea cows don't do much anyway, except for walking and eating (and pooping and humping).

Batchain - 29-12-2007 at 04:17

There's something celestial about this pic of FZ conducting the Ensemble Moderne.

--Bat/Geo.

punknaynowned - 29-12-2007 at 04:46

I think it's the blue light, George :)

<blue, purple, whatever, man>

speaking of blue, here's the little house I presently live in

BBP - 29-12-2007 at 13:16

Quote:
Originally posted by Batchain

There's something celestial about this pic of FZ conducting the Ensemble Moderne.

--Bat/Geo.

Saint Frank of Baltimore! ;-)

Nice house Punky!

scallopino - 29-12-2007 at 16:15

Quote:
Originally posted by punknaynowned
I think it's the blue light, George :)

<blue, purple, whatever, man>

speaking of blue, here's the little house I presently live in

A very nice abode. Does anyone ever say "abode" apart from the Munsters, or Munster-like people? Anyway, have you ever been 'snowed in', like in cartoons Punk?

punknaynowned - 1-1-2008 at 05:15

not here, but once in northern New York, what they call 'upstate'. But that was 15 years ago I think we got 4 feet in a day and a half.
I have a dear friend who just had a baby a year ago and lived thru one of the biggest snows on record up in that region. Eleven feet of snow earlier this year (Jan/Feb) and more in some areas. Not continual snow, it took a few days for it all to drop but feet upon feet of snow where you have to open a window if your door opens out and tunnel your way out and up to the level of the snow, near the roof.
Insane. But I love snow.
hahahhahaaahah

Happy New Year everyone!!

scallopino - 1-1-2008 at 09:15

Have you ever released a Christmas album called "Snowed In", ala Hanson?

DED - 2-1-2008 at 16:57

A nice house indeed.
How does the chimney works, the pipe doen't enter the house, It looks like it dissapears into the ground?

punknaynowned - 3-1-2008 at 19:12

not a good picture of that. it's a gravity furnace in the basement. The basement walls stick up 20-30 cm above ground level (moreso in the back) and that's where the exhaust pipe comes out. I have some better pictures.

It's a rental and is twice as much as I can afford and I have to pay all the utilities on top of that. With gas (heat) prices so high it'll be a wonder how I pay for it all. But the place has some charm. Wood floors, tiled shower, bathroom and kitchen and a cute really old gas stove that works like a breeze. I'm a cook, so can appreciate the fine controls on an old stove that works well.
I've been trying to load more pictures all morning to photo bucket but my connection is poor today so I only have 2-3 to share.
this is from the front door looking thru the place to the back door

The thing on the floor, center bottom of the above pict is the vent for the furnace. Don't step on it in bare feet when it's hot! They call this type of structure a 'shotgun shack' because the line of site runs straight from the front door to the back and the rest of the place doesn't branch out at all. Well, except for this comical but very functional closet that sticks out from the straightlines of the house, on the north side. The top picture is from the sidewalk, from the ESE looking NW.
and this is from the backdoor, looking thru to the front door. Notice the window design on the pre-fabricated door.

Same as the window in the top picture from the outside :)
I wonder what the landlord would sell it for.

[Edited on 3-1-2008 by punknaynowned]

[Edited on 3-1-2008 by punknaynowned]

BBP - 3-1-2008 at 23:32

That's a mighty cosy looking place you got there!

Note to self: make pics of my bedroom.

punknaynowned - 4-1-2008 at 04:18

When I got this camera I got into the habit of taking videos of the internal spaces that I fequented. Little videos sometimes too/ just to get a sense of the space documented. I haven't done that yet here.

BBP - 4-1-2008 at 12:31

I made a video of my room, but it was too large to get on YouTube.

DED - 4-1-2008 at 17:33

Rearrange your vid's in IVC1.5 it is on the computer
Then it will fit. Ask me for ass. if needed.

Yes it is a beautiful house with a one row corridor. Most houseboats in the canals of Amsterdam are built the same.

In Eindhoven there is a neighbourhood (next to ours in fact) that is called "Schuttersbos" (gunmans forest). In the crisis years Philips must have houses for ther personnel and they bought pre fabricated wooden houses in Austria for what we call a cheap price nowadays. It was payed for in potatoes and lightbulbs. After 40 years the houses can not met nowadays expectations and they will all dissapear and changed for newly wooden prefabricated houses from Finland.

It is amazing to see how quick a house like that is built.
he BBP make some pictures of it, please.

De website where I got my info from is
http://www.gijzenrooi.nl/Buurt/schuttersbosch.php Sorry it is in Dutch.

When you asked me to valuate your house, I would carefully say that the worth of the house is the same as the price of
the round it is standing up. (Regarding to the story above)

punknaynowned - 5-1-2008 at 05:02

'houseboats in the canals'. That's great!!
Now I'm going to find pictures of that. You alerted me to something I know very little about but have always been curious about.
I think you are right, the house probably costs as much as the ground it sits on. Prices here are so high and have been for such a long time and now they fall.
You see the crisis years. Are you speaking of WWII? or later?

BBP - 5-1-2008 at 13:02

EZ. Just google for images on "woonboot".
Mind you, you have to be careful with fires when you have one!

DED - 6-1-2008 at 10:43

Houseboats you will find them in a lot of varieties.
But most are divided into 3 groups.
Concrete base (ponton)
Steel base (ponton)
Converted former cargoships (sometimes with motor)

The ones with a concrete or steel base are some sort of houses on the water. They can have more floors than one.

punknaynowned - 22-3-2008 at 23:12

after looking at these kinds of things in Venice for a week or more

I found an inverted version of this

and found it to be almost perfectly framed:bouncy:

BBP - 23-3-2008 at 11:01

Gorgeous pics! But did you get any without pigeons? I heard that's impossible...

punknaynowned - 24-3-2008 at 06:44

here's one :P

but there are over 58000 of them on photobucket alone

hahahahahahahhaaha!!

BBP - 24-3-2008 at 14:55

BBP - 25-3-2008 at 08:41

BBP - 28-3-2008 at 09:23

:pissed: I can't read my photo card! For some reason the PC is not showing what's on it, while the card still works in the camera.

punknaynowned - 28-3-2008 at 09:37

reboot and try again?
(:

BBP - 28-3-2008 at 10:13

Ah! You don't have Vista! It takes veeeeeery long to start this PC. So I only reboot in case of emergency.

punknaynowned - 28-3-2008 at 10:48

ah! but I do have vista, but I bought it recently used and 'fixed'.
however, I have yet to try the camera with the new machine, so maybe I shouldn't be so brazen

scallopino - 28-3-2008 at 15:24

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP

Now there's a pretty picture. It's very postcardy.

DED - 28-3-2008 at 17:04

SD card's house is broken (a littlle corner)
Its fit better in the camera than in the cardreader
a few drops of superglue will help
With a little help from a piece of paper I managed to get the prictures for now.

Greetings of DED (The repairman)

BBP - 28-3-2008 at 18:11

Thank You Mr Fixums! :-*

BBP - 28-3-2008 at 20:03

Here's the picture I posted at the Zappa forum under the "worst cover" heading.

scallopino - 29-3-2008 at 03:06

Is that Leo Sayer on the left?

BBP - 29-3-2008 at 10:32

Looks like him, but they're Mark and Clark Seymour, brothers of Neil Seymour, and two very good pianists.
Their big hit was the 8-minute Worn Down Piano, a song I fell in love with when I heard it on the radio. It was only a hit in Neth, but a VERY big hit in Neth. It's still very popular.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNPtnEy6ajA

BBP - 15-5-2009 at 15:27

My latest photo additions to my web site:

punknaynowned - 16-5-2009 at 16:00

pretty pictures...

scallopino - 17-5-2009 at 14:42

What kind of camera do you use Bonny?

BBP - 17-5-2009 at 16:36

Kodak EasyShare C643. Had it since my B-day in 2007. The only downfall is the high buzz when it's recording, but otherwise it's a great camera!

punknaynowned - 19-5-2009 at 06:48

someone sent me this story. I hope it translates to these frames,,, there ARE decent people in America, even in Texas!

A True Duck Story from San Antonio , Texas
Something really cute happened in downtown San Antonio this week. Michael R. is an accounting clerk at Frost Bank and works there in a second story office. Several weeks ago, he watched a mother duck choose the concrete awning outside his window as the unlikely place to build a nest above the sidewalk. The mallard laid ten eggs in a nest in the corner of the planter that is perched over 10 feet in the air. She dutifully kept the eggs warm for weeks, and Monday afternoon all of her ten ducklings hatched.

Michael worried all night how the momma duck was going to get those babies safely off their perch in a busy, downtown, urban environment to take to water, which typically happens in the first 48 hours of a duck hatching. Tuesday morning, Michael watched the mother duck encourage her babies to the edge of the perch with the intent to show them how to jump off. Office work came to a standstill as everyone gathered to watch.

The mother flew down below and started quacking to her babies above. In disbelief Michael watched as the first fuzzy newborn trustingly toddled to the edge and astonishingly leapt into thin air, crashing onto the cement below. Michael couldn't stand to watch this risky effort nine more times! He dashed out of his office and ran down the stairs to the sidewalk where the first obedient duckling, near its mother, was resting in a stupor after the near-fatal fall. Michael stood out of sight under the awning-planter, ready to help.

As the second one took the plunge, Michael jumped forward and caught it with his bare hands before it hit the concrete. Safe and sound, he set it down it by its momma and the other stunned sibling, still recovering from that painful leap. (The momma must have sensed that Michael was trying to help her babies.)

One by one the babies continued to jump. Each time Michael hid under the awning just to reach out in the nick of time as the duckling made its free fall. At the scene the busy downtown sidewalk traffic came to a standstill. Time after time, Michael was able to catch the remaining eight and set them by their approving mother.

At this point Michael realized the duck family had only made part of its dangerous journey. They had two full blocks to walk across traffic, crosswalks, curbs and past pedestrians to get to the closest open water, the San Antonio River , site of the famed "River Walk." The onlooking office secretaries and several San Antonio police officers joined in. An empty copy-paper box was brought to collect the babies. They carefully corralled them, with the mother's approval, and loaded them in the container. Michael held the box low enough for the mom to see her brood. He then slowly navigated through the downtown streets toward the San Antonio River . The mother waddled behind and kept her babies in sight, all the way.

As they reached the river, the mother took over and passed him, jumping in the river and quacking loudly. At the water's edge, Michael tipped the box and helped shepherd the babies toward the water and to the waiting mother after their adventurous ride.

All ten darling ducklings safely made it into the water and paddled up snugly to momma. Michael said the mom swam in circles, looking back toward the beaming bank bookkeeper, and proudly quacking.

At last, all present and accounted for: "We're all together again. We're here! We're here!"

And here's a family portrait before they head outward to further adventures...

Like all of us in the big times of our life, they never could have made it alone without lots of helping hands. I think it gives the name of San Antonio 's famous "River Walk" a whole new meaning!

punknaynowned - 19-5-2009 at 06:50

mmmmm, needs pictures

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=2106e2e900&view=att&am...

BBP - 19-5-2009 at 13:02

Those pics won't work. I'm not logged in as you.

But that's such a sweet story! Nearly as cute as that of the DuckSaver of Veldhoven. Some municipal people had decided that there were way too many ducks in a pond, and that half of them would have to be moved.
So the municipality vets went there and sedated the ducks, so they could be moved.
The vets waited for 45 minutes, but none of the ducks seemed to be getting drowsy. And so the vets left.

Nearby youngsters then witnessed the ducks getting woozy, falling out of the sky and tumbling over. This initially caused hilarity, but as they noticed the ducks were drowning, they called the vets. One of the youngsters jumped in the pond and managed to pull out over 20 drowsy ducks!
Unfortunately some little quackers lost their lives. :-( But the boy's now a local hero and the ducks are at their new pond.

MTF - 22-6-2009 at 08:18

This is a picture of my daughter Rachel during a near-total solar eclipse. It was late afternoon, and the light was filtering through a large walnut tree in our backyard. This caused thousands of little crescents to dance around on the back of our house.

P.S.: Rachel had just turned nine. She's sixteen now.

scallopino - 22-6-2009 at 10:22

Amazing! Did you get a good look at the eclipse?

BBP - 22-6-2009 at 15:30

Neat photo!

BBP - 24-6-2009 at 10:05

Some of the pics I shot on Monday's cycling trip.

BBP - 26-6-2009 at 12:57

To honour the late king of pop, here's me, age 12, at the school musical. It was about a wax statue museum, and I was among others one of the statues.

aquagoat - 26-6-2009 at 18:54

12, you would have been too old for him, i think. :-D

[Edited on 26-6-2009 by aquagoat]

BBP - 27-6-2009 at 09:04

:devil: Too female I presume...
Nah. I never believed a word from those stories.

scallopino - 27-6-2009 at 17:34

It's Bonny Jean! Great photos. Not many people get that kind of scenery while they do their jobs.

BBP - 27-6-2009 at 17:47

...Airplane pilot? Though I imagine all those clouds would eventually be tiring.

BBP - 24-7-2009 at 15:06

My trip today to the municipality-appointed graffiti zone was a success! I made a lot of great photos and this is only a few from them:

[Edited on 24-7-09 by BBP]

aquagoat - 24-7-2009 at 19:21

some good stuff in here.

BBP - 24-7-2009 at 19:32

Thank you! I had a hard time choosing them.

scallopino - 28-7-2009 at 13:52

Some of those are really cool! Is this in Eindhoven?

BBP - 30-7-2009 at 09:00

Yep! Wikipedia even has an article on it. In Dutch of course.

BBP - 8-9-2009 at 20:22

Evidence in case my sister deletes it by accident again: I scored over 10 million on PinBot! Fortunately I had a witness as well; my father watched how my playing led to our dinner getting cold.

My home-made tarot cards. Decided to photograph them for my site.

My first sunflower!

Entrance for my second-favourite place in The Netherlands: De Efteling.

A flower in De Efteling. Funky, huh!

The haunted castle, shot through the gates prior to the park opening so that I could get a shot without buggys everywhere.

More Efteling: topiary dragon. Hmm.

A chandelier in the Middle-East themed dark-ride. It's a nice chandelier. I was about to make the picture I always wanted to have, so I switched on my camera...
And then the boats stalled. Probably some disabled people getting in.
So I made some random photos to prevent my camera from falling asleep: I didn't want to miss the djinn by switching off my camera and then failing to get it back on.

And here is the picture I always wanted: the Djinn. A very impressive evil spirit that guards the treasure. Not that you'll see the treasure 'cos you'll only watch the Djinn. He's HUGE, and he's right at the start of a room, so it's real hard to get a good shot.

Rainbow!

A very odd clock I found at the second-hand store. Also has a thermometer.

Slipover I knitted for my father. It's too small :( , but it looks good all the same. After a 1940's pattern.

scallopino - 9-9-2009 at 16:43

A very interesting mix of photos. I wouldn't like to meet that Djinn guy in a dark alley.

BBP - 9-9-2009 at 17:31

Or a light alley. Or behind you in the queue at the post office.

BBP - 13-11-2009 at 12:45

Here are my GLOW-photos:

Disused building brought to life with eyes.

Monument for the incandescent bulb, at a monumental cemetery. First time I've been to a cemetery in the dark.

Town Hall. See video.

"Timing"

Chandelier in the GLOW-cafe

Light-drawings.

aquagoat - 13-11-2009 at 18:13

awesome pics, bonny. :shocked:

Huck_Phlem - 17-11-2009 at 18:35

Is that haunted castle part of the story of the white ladies?

BBP - 17-11-2009 at 20:36

The White Women? No, they live in forests. It was just a memorial for the incandescent bulb (a tunnel of light in a coffin) at a cemetery. The path to it ran across the cemetery, starting with cool blue TL tubes and using "warmer" light types the further you progressed towards the memorial. The crucifix at the back lit up creepily too.

It's an actual graveyard. It may be considered disrespectful by some to use a cemetery as setting for it, but it worked perfectly. It was one of the best artworks of the festival.

I'm not very fond of memorial sites myself. Cemeteries always made me very scared as a child, and I was pleasantly surprised that I was at ease and relaxed in an old burial ground at nighttime.
I was also surprised that there actually WAS a monumental graveyard in Eindhoven. It's very pretty and I intend to have a look by day there!

Huck_Phlem - 27-11-2009 at 05:52

why does everything have to be a sacred indian burial ground when people are putting up a building or something?

BBP - 27-11-2009 at 09:16

We don't have Indian burial grounds around here.

Reminds me: during GLOW I noticed something we had for years, but which I hadn't noticed before. Our St Catherine church is a very old religious site, although the current church is 19th century. It has 500 to 1000 skeletons, dating back to the 1300s. When they started rebuilding the church square, they also started on an intensive research on the site, possibly finding a cure for AIDS. They reconstructed the faces of many of them.

That I knew. It was hard to overlook it at the time. But I didn't know the design of the square was based on the old church: the outline of the medieval building is made visible in the stones of the square.
Even more surprising are the two windows in the ground: you can still see leftovers of the old church foundation through these; and old skeletons of people who were buried there.

Pictures coming up!

BBP - 27-11-2009 at 18:29

Anyway, here's a peep through a window into the ground at the church steps:

And here, something more tasteful:

BBP - 8-1-2010 at 16:35

Some of my snow pictures:

And this is my clay statuette. It's modelled after those funny bouncing green heads that are servants of the witch.

[Edited on 8-1-10 by BBP]

BBP - 23-4-2010 at 11:47

Get ready to gasp:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/04/more_from_eyjafjallajokull...

BBP - 15-9-2010 at 18:30

This weekend there was a festival in Eindhoven. Actually, there were several, but the one I'm talking about is Step In The Arena.

Previously I have posted pictures of graffiti in the Berenkuil, which is a municipally appointed free-place to spray graffiti art. This gives beautiful results. There was an annual festival for artists, but that disappeared. Now it's back! And in full glory!

I couldn't limit myself to uploading 10 of the pictures I made.

A topical cartoon: the caption is "Meanwhile in New York

Another topical one. Unfortunately this reference to sexual abuse within the Catholic Church is already defouled.

polydigm - 19-9-2010 at 00:48

Have you ever considered doing one of your duck pictures there?

BBP - 1-11-2010 at 21:11

Why yes, it has crossed my mind! But wall is a tough canvas and paint is an expensive medium.

Anyway, here are my Madurodam pictures: lots of Dutch buildings in 1:25 scale.

[url=http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sint-Janskathedraal_('s-Hertogenbosch)]St John cathedral in 's-Hertogenbosch[/url]
In real life, this gothic church (finished around 1530) has just had extensive renovation.
(Link won't work for unknown reason)

Overview of the park.

Building of the Domtoren in Utrecht was completed in 1382. The church that goes with it became unattached when a tornado destroyed the middle 50 metres of the church. That building hasn't been depicted, and unlike the tower it was made in gothic style. The tower is in Dutch style. It is the tallest church tower in The Netherlands at 112 m high.
I love this tower as it's so massive and imposing, and a very good orientation point. I have often tried to make pictures of it, but it's very hard.

The Candydrum is very recent, it was originally built in The Hague in 1998. It always makes me hungry.

The Muiderslot, possibly built around 1280, was the residence of count Floris V. He was captured by two noblemen and locked in his own castle. Five days later, in June 1296, he tried to escape and was killed in the process.

Binnenhof is the Dutch political centre.

The most eye-catching building of Eindhoven: Evoluon

Maeslantkering was finished in 1997, it was visited by yours truly in the same year. In real life, this building consists of two arms on either side, each measuring 300m (one Eiffel tower) in length, and is to be closed whenever a flood is coming.
Since the closing down of the Dutch main waterway takes an hour and is very costly, it's only done once a year to test it and only used in case of emergency. These, however, close every few minutes.

The Nijenrode castle is home to a university: the one where DED graduated.

punknaynowned - 2-11-2010 at 07:26

Glorious!!! Wish we had a miniature park like that. Thanks for the different explanations as well, the Domtoren in particular. Gives me a sense of the wealth of Utrecht for the time it was built. Same time as the Campanile in Florence that some would say was excellent Gothic and which bears some tri-partite similarity to the middle section of the Domtoren.
Yet you insist that this church tower in Utrecht is Dutch and not gothic, which I accept.
But it makes me think is that because of the top which appears octagonal here? Or the kind of design for the top? questions, trying to learn

BBP - 2-11-2010 at 10:15

The build of the tower took 60 years, and was made under three architects.
It was built in Dutch Gothic style, as opposed to the church which was built in French gothic style.
It was the tallest church tower in Europe at the time of building: the only taller towers owned their length to their high steeples. No earlier tower was built in the Dom manner: in three parts, the bottom one a massive castle-like square, above that a smaller, more elegant square, and above that the elegant octagon. This style was used in later Dutch towers.

(Wow. I just learnt that the Dom square (the area between church and tower, where the church centre used to be before the tornado) was actually a meeting place for homosexuals in the 17th and 18th century, until in 1730 several cruisers got arrested, convicted and strangled.)

DED - 2-11-2010 at 11:09

Another story is the origin of the Dutch saying "being ladderdrunk"
In the middle of the 15th century the Utrecht towerwatcher ,who lived with his family in the tower, made some extra money having a little bar in his house (aprox. 11 meters high). To reach this bar you had to go through the housing of the pastor who was not very amused when people walk trough his house. When he omitted the use of his house, the only option to reach the bar inside of the tower was with the help of a ladder. As you understand going up was normally not such of a problem, buth going down with a lot of alcohol in your blood is quite a different story. Since then, people who are very drunk are called "ladderzat" (ladderdrunk). Amazing is that it is still used nowadays and not only in Utrecht but troughout the country. BTW when visiting the tower you still go trough the housing of the towerwatcher. (without climbing a ladder)

[Edited on 2-11-2010 by DED]

Huck_Phlem - 3-11-2010 at 03:46

I have always loved miniatures!

punknaynowned - 4-11-2010 at 05:43

those are great stories and thanx fer the architecture naming/identifying lesson
ladderzat is my new favorite word!!!

DED - 4-11-2010 at 11:35

Please send in your audio file with your pronoutiation, I am curious
(the a's should be as in "[s]afterwards[/s]") ..father

[s] doesn't work here

[Edited on 4-11-2010 by DED]

BBP - 4-11-2010 at 18:11

Better say a as in father.

DED - 5-11-2010 at 14:12

Unless you speak English like me with a horrible accent. But you're completely right. I made a mistake with the second a. Still trying to find a word that sounds like it, but i cannot find it at the moment.

BBP - 8-11-2010 at 14:28

Photos from this year's GLOW festival:

aquagoat - 8-11-2010 at 17:56

:forumsmiley183: wouaaaaah!!!!!

DED - 9-11-2010 at 22:47

we did a quick round on sunday and we need more than 3 hours in a 3km walk (2 mile)
Some of the things need an extra visit, we have up to friday,
here is a impression on the city hall projection, but ther are over 20 projects small and large
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3XsrwVscXI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9qNiENa2LQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQYEJAbJcc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UEn0A2fLLY&feature=related

[Edited on 9-11-2010 by DED]

punknaynowned - 10-11-2010 at 11:10

that's beautiful
I wish we did that here.
I want to know how they do the cathedral of lights. It must be a complicated frame that they put everything on.

DED - 10-11-2010 at 12:46

BBp is still a sleep after the concert in Hengelo, the long train yourney and the fact that she was informed that there were no trains between Den Bosch and Eindhoven. Thats why I drove to Den Bosch in the middle of the night. Finding traine to eindhoven that was waiting for the train from Utrecht with BBP. It was lonely and cold or cold and lonely. But if she awakes she maybe can make a daytime picture of the enormous projectors.

That will be tommorow :)

[Edited on 10-11-2010 by DED]

KAPTKIRK - 23-2-2011 at 02:45

Its about time for a Col.Momar Kadaffy Duck redition from BBP. He seems like a natural. Could be last chance before he departs for.....space....the final frontier. Anyone watch his last speach? :singer::offtopic:

DED - 21-3-2011 at 18:49

Quote: Originally posted by punknaynowned  
that's beautiful
I wish we did that here.
I want to know how they do the cathedral of lights. It must be a complicated frame that they put everything on.

in daylight

[Edited on 21-3-2011 by DED]

punknaynowned - 21-3-2011 at 21:54

Oh, thank you very much! The detail of the frame is shown here very well.
To me, of course, it points out the "3-arch" ogee in the middle. The 'center ' that the rest supports.
In 1800's British art prude John Ruskin talks a lot about that form of a window or arch as most noble form or example of Medieval architecture. He said it creates depth, shadows that best shows mystery of Christian God in that world. He was a nut. But has a wide influence on people like Marcel Proust, Mahatma Ghandhi. and art history for a hundred years.

This example in light and a white framework speaks to all that but from a very different point of view. Very Interesting

BBP - 24-6-2011 at 18:06

http://naurunappula.com/722497/neuvostoliittolaisten-hylkaamia-maam...
Abandoned Yugoslavian landmarks

aquagoat - 26-6-2011 at 18:53

some of them are really good looking.

polydigm - 26-6-2011 at 23:05

Interesting.

BBP - 5-9-2011 at 21:08

http://www.neatorama.com/2011/08/24/pileus-iridescent-cloud/
Pileus iridescent cloud as seen over Ethiopia.

polydigm - 6-9-2011 at 00:17

Interesting.

BBP - 8-9-2011 at 20:53

Quote: Originally posted by DED  
Another story is the origin of the Dutch saying "being ladderdrunk"
In the middle of the 15th century the Utrecht towerwatcher ,who lived with his family in the tower, made some extra money having a little bar in his house (aprox. 11 meters high). To reach this bar you had to go through the housing of the pastor who was not very amused when people walk trough his house. When he omitted the use of his house, the only option to reach the bar inside of the tower was with the help of a ladder. As you understand going up was normally not such of a problem, buth going down with a lot of alcohol in your blood is quite a different story. Since then, people who are very drunk are called "ladderzat" (ladderdrunk). Amazing is that it is still used nowadays and not only in Utrecht but troughout the country. BTW when visiting the tower you still go trough the housing of the towerwatcher. (without climbing a ladder)

[Edited on 2-11-2010 by DED]

Not true, probably. The word doesn't occur in the Dutch language until the 1980s, first known occurrence is 1984.

BBP - 12-12-2011 at 17:30

Ever wondered what to do with your CDs you really don't want?

http://today.deviantart.com/dds/#/d4de9q1

polydigm - 14-12-2011 at 10:02

That dragon sculpture is pretty damn spectacular.

BBP - 7-1-2012 at 18:50

DED - 8-1-2012 at 21:04

BBP - 6-2-2012 at 12:37

http://www.lovethesepics.com/2011/10/iss-envy-breathtaking-views-of...

polydigm - 7-2-2012 at 00:54

Yes, Bonny, these are great pictures. I downloaded the southern lights video.

aquagoat - 7-2-2012 at 08:36

cool pics, Bonny, thanks for sharing.

BBP - 5-4-2012 at 12:39

Some amazing artwork here:
http://oddstuffmagazine.com/extraordinary-art-on-pencil-tips-by-dal...

BBP - 5-4-2012 at 13:05

And then there's this...
http://oddstuffmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/DxfBwh.jpg

http://oddstuffmagazine.com/10-wtf-moments-of-the-day-march-3rd-201...

[Edited on 5-4-12 by BBP]

BBP - 26-4-2012 at 19:40

http://pavel-kosenko.livejournal.com/303194.html?thread=22669914
Kodachrome colour photos of WW2.

DED - 27-4-2012 at 07:35

Beautiful pic's but almost most of them are posed en sometimes stupid.
You cannot touch the head of a drill while drilling
In some pictures is a screwdriver used on places without any reason for using a screwdriver
The cable tester is switched off and the cable is not connected

Promotional pictures and I doubt that these girls have seen a factory before the fotoshoot.

punknaynowned - 29-4-2012 at 03:52

I love the Kodachrome. Such realistic colors. But I'm sure you're right Ed about the poses. That war-era, industrialized style was a favorite way to show things then I think. Here's some great b/w photos of new york from the earlier part of that century.
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/04/historic-photos-from-the...

DED - 2-5-2012 at 22:08

These are extremely good pictures. I like to see such pics. They sure give you an idea of day to day live back then. Tnx for sharing

BBP - 3-5-2012 at 11:14

They are, thanks for posting! I saved the one of the NY subway interior, which must've been breathtaking in real life. I wonder what it looked like in colour.

BBP - 8-5-2012 at 21:05

Here's one for dad!
http://sandxr.deviantart.com/art/the-hague-sunset-294094836

DED - 9-5-2012 at 08:46

It s not The hague. Quite imposibble with a harbour in the background. Thats south of the Hague and the sun sets on the west.

BBP - 9-5-2012 at 09:45

I've asked him where he took it...

BBP - 18-5-2012 at 21:18

Another one for dad:
http://today.deviantart.com/dds/?day=2012-05-14#/d4y8d5e

BBP - 2-6-2012 at 11:20

That poor book...
http://today.deviantart.com/dds/#/d4zywog

punknaynowned - 22-6-2012 at 03:27

here's a cool collection of photos by Stanley Kubrick in the 1940's in New York
http://twistedsifter.com/2011/12/stanley-kubricks-new-york-photos-1...

BBP - 22-6-2012 at 11:16

Amazing, Punky! Thanks for posting! I'm a huge fan of Stanley.
Is it justme, or does that photolab-guy look just like Dr Strangelove?

punknaynowned - 29-6-2012 at 12:37

some more interesting photos, this time of a once secret Tennessee town that built the atom bombs during WWII. Now the story can be told
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/06/the-secret-city/100326/#

BBP - 1-7-2012 at 12:57

Thanks a lot for those interesting photos!

Here are pictures taken by André Kuipers, the Dutch astronaut who returned today.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/astro_andre/

BBP - 1-7-2012 at 13:11

Here's one beautiful pic by André:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/astro_andre/7111983081/in/photostream

ANd one on DeviantArt:
http://sophieekard.deviantart.com/art/Phoenix-3D-Origami-309962003

punknaynowned - 1-7-2012 at 14:23

those astro-pix are awesome! love it!
and the phoenix is the symbol of the town i live in
because it was burnt down numerous times in the american civil war...
and came back

aquagoat - 1-7-2012 at 18:23

Quote: Originally posted by BBP  
Here's one beautiful pic by André:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/astro_andre/7111983081/in/photostream
that one's really great.

BBP - 9-7-2012 at 11:59

Something cute...
http://ovelhanegra.deviantart.com/art/Good-Old-Times-309316880

BBP - 19-7-2012 at 20:27

What could be creepier than abandoned theme parks?
http://foto.jollypix.com/dadipark/

(Fun bit of Dunglish in the accompanying text: "it was hard for investors to come over the bridge.")

BBP - 19-7-2012 at 22:00

And WWII photo series:
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/10/world-war-ii-after-the-w...

And something else to gasp at:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149899/The-American-West-y...

[Edited on 19-7-12 by BBP]

BBP - 31-8-2012 at 20:45

If you can't stand gross things, look away now:

BBP - 11-9-2012 at 13:38

http://today.deviantart.com/dds/#/d48q2vl
Stuff To Do With Your Melon.

punknaynowned - 5-10-2012 at 05:10

fantastic composies!
http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/2012/10/04/hyper_photos_jean_fran...

also, these are neat
a big cave in France that I had never heard of

Springfield, Illinois in the 1930's

[Edited on 5-10-12 by punknaynowned]

BBP - 26-10-2012 at 18:00

Photos of the Great Barrier Reef:
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2734/Foto/photoalbum/detail/3337911/...

BBP - 8-11-2012 at 14:49

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2734/Foto/photoalbum/detail/3344399/...
Sarasota street art festival!

polydigm - 8-11-2012 at 16:14

Amazing.

aquagoat - 8-11-2012 at 18:22

wow, great pics!!:shocked:

BBP - 9-11-2012 at 23:16

Anyway here's my latest Efteling photo: gingerbread house.

polydigm - 11-11-2012 at 22:28

What's the connection, Hansel and Gretel? It's kind of creepy.

BBP - 14-11-2012 at 00:45

Right! Hänsel and Gretel!

Photos (from Glow Eindhoven 2012):

Afterlight.
[youtube]E5ywLHD0TrM[/youtube]

Michael Rennie was ill, the day the earth stood still...

(Projection on the police station: making photos of it was tricky, so this is a screenshot from a video I made of it. The artist made a lot of stick figures representing a prisoner escaping. By representing them one by one in the right order, the artist made a cool movie out of it.
(The red light is the stop light at the crossroads.)

Projection on insta-fog. Was every bit as disorienting as you'd think it is.

Viewers can control the lights of this building.

Viewers can use huge cardboard hands to move the the boat on the screen, to catch the animals falling from the sky.

Hard to say which one is cuter: the glowing turtle animatronic or the "don't touch the turtle" sign.

St Catherine's church.

[youtube]Jp-_cU0NxTg[/youtube]
Music: Night on the Bald Mountain by Mussorgsky.

BBP - 17-11-2012 at 20:09

My bicycle has had it. Need to bring it away Monday, for the last time, it can't be saved.

BBP - 21-11-2012 at 11:08

Breathtaking photos by Timothy O'Sullivan:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149899/The-American-West-y...

The Idaho water falls was one I used to have on my desktop.

DED - 23-11-2012 at 12:14

http://www.boredpanda.com/funny-optical-illusions/

BBP - 30-11-2012 at 13:06

Stuff to do with your old CDs:

aquagoat - 30-11-2012 at 20:15

nice

BBP - 24-1-2013 at 23:49

Accidental ice sculptures in Chicago!
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2734/Foto/photoalbum/detail/3382560/...

polydigm - 25-1-2013 at 01:16

Pretty spectacular pictures. Good photos come from paying attention and being ready that's for sure.

BBP - 12-3-2013 at 11:44

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2734/Foto/photoalbum/detail/3407456/...
What do you see in this picture?

polydigm - 12-3-2013 at 13:18

Freaky.

BBP - 3-4-2013 at 16:07

Mobile phones throughout the ages!
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2734/Foto/photoalbum/detail/3419677/...

polydigm - 4-4-2013 at 08:10

Throughout the ages!! How old am I?

BBP - 4-4-2013 at 08:16

Not sure about you, but I'm 30. :bald:

punknaynowned - 4-4-2013 at 22:21

HB BP!
I felt very healthy when I was 30, if a bit lost as to what I wanted to do.
Ideas started coming to me though, born out of what I was already doing.
And the more I did with those things the more windows/doors opened for me...
So these, if applicable are Birthday wishes sent to you

[Edited on 4-4-13 by punknaynowned]

polydigm - 5-4-2013 at 08:39

What I meant was, if those are mobile phones throughout "the ages", then I was born before "the ages" and how old does that make me?

This smilie :bald: doesn't apply to me. Although my hair receded somewhat, it's still growing in the middle. In fact, since my big operation, it's even thickened up a little.

BBP - 5-4-2013 at 12:10

Thanks Punky, very lovely! I baked a Nostradamus cake and didn't get hurt!

:bald:Poly, I got that, don't worry. I was just hinting towards my birthday.
And now that he's read that, my father wants that big operation too.

polydigm - 6-4-2013 at 03:52

DED, you really do not want that operation.

The point is, in my case, that I had an ongoing illness and the medication I had to take was affecting my skin and my hair. Eventually I got really sick and no kind of medication would work well enough to turn it around, so the operation became necessary. It effected a complete cure and negates the need for the medication which I now haven't been taking for almost three years. I hated all of the stuff I had to take, but one in particular was really bad.

The operation in itself does nothing for your hair directly. It's a seriously traumatic procedure and there is no point having it if you don't really need it. It has other advantages for me but I won't go into that. Suffice it to say, my life has improved vastly since I had it done.

This may sound like an overreaction to your comment, but it's not intended that way. I have taken no offence. I feel like I'm amongst friends here and I didn't mind explaining what it meant for me.

BBP - 6-4-2013 at 07:41

You do realize I was only kidding, right?

polydigm - 7-4-2013 at 09:14

You do realize I was only kidding, right?
Quote: Originally posted by polydigm  
This may sound like an overreaction to your comment, but it's not intended that way. I have taken no offence. I feel like I'm amongst friends here and I didn't mind explaining what it meant for me.
Of course I knew you were kidding, I thought I made that clear. I just felt like telling you my story. Would you rather I hadn't?

BBP - 7-4-2013 at 11:11

No, I was just worried I'd hit you where it hurts. (hug)

polydigm - 8-4-2013 at 00:19

It would be very difficult to tell you some of my own pretty twisted jokes about my operation, that I made at the time and found quite hilarious, without going into too much detail. You'll have to try harder than that to hit me where it hurts - not that I'd want you to try, of course. Anyway, my operation is what is - it worked and I'm happy - there are jokes about other things that would bother me more. You probably know what I mean being another sensitive human being.

BBP - 8-4-2013 at 16:58

I made those jokes too when I was in the hospital, it's what keeps you going at a time like that isn't it?

polydigm - 9-4-2013 at 06:24

That and the fact that I have a very supportive wife - I'm lucky.

BBP - 16-4-2013 at 21:50

Aw that's lovely. ^-^

Not great at all are the Boston attacks. A friend sent me this photo series of the bombings:
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/04/photos-of-the-boston-mar...

Be warned though, there's a graphic picture that they put on black. If you're squeamish, please don't be tempted to click it, it's nasty.

BBP - 25-7-2013 at 14:49

Quote:
Pictures I made at the Evoluon:

Fire tornado.

Hall overview.

Disorientation tunnel

Thanks to Evoluon's state-of-the-art cooling and heating system, it was nice and pleasant inside, but outside it was well over 30 degrees C. The pond has the same diameter as the Evoluon saucer, so it looks like the shade. The odd vertical tubes are the drainage system: when it starts to rain, they form a waterfall.

Hall look-out

Say what you want: this building may be near 50 years old, but it's still pure awesome! To prove that, Kraftwerk will be performing here in a few months.

The triangles form the actual support of the saucer. The little triangles in it are sound insulation: if the ceiling would just be smooth, the echo would make you mad.

In the middle is the glass hydraulic lift. To its right, is a tube that sucks air into the heating system. Most of the air in the heating is circulated, making it very cheap and easy to maintain a comfortable temperature.

polydigm - 26-7-2013 at 02:24

Interesting pics, thanks for sharing.

BBP - 27-7-2013 at 21:29

Thanks! I love that building.
Kraftwerk will be performing with their 3D-show there, was thinking about going. It'll be a unique experience, but besides the cost I'm worried about nausea. From clips I've seen, I assume it'll be an epileptic experience.

BBP - 10-9-2013 at 10:21

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/05/2013-national-geographic...
Breathtaking nature photos!

aquagoat - 11-9-2013 at 06:48

those National geographics pictures are always awesome.

BBP - 25-9-2013 at 11:01

http://memolition.com/2013/05/08/20-most-amazing-and-unbelievable-p...

20 Places That Don't Look Real, But Really Are.

aquagoat - 26-9-2013 at 07:39

Great pics, Bonny.

BBP - 27-9-2013 at 16:55

BBP - 3-10-2013 at 16:18

From the Eek category:
http://gizmodo.com/any-animal-that-touches-this-lethal-lake-turns-t...
(no purple cats, sorry.)

aquagoat - 4-10-2013 at 06:45

wow, impressive!:shocked:

BBP - 18-10-2013 at 11:39

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2316987/Photographer-Niki-F...

[Edited on 18-10-13 by BBP]

aquagoat - 19-10-2013 at 07:57

could be Resident evil video game sets.

BBP - 20-10-2013 at 20:32

That church is particularly nightmare inducing. In the commentary on his 500px site, he writes that it was also very creepy being there, it was not staged, they didn't move anything and were expecting any of those sheets to jump up.

BBP - 17-11-2013 at 12:39

GLOW Eindhoven 2013 was unfortunately a bit below standard, but I got some nice photos. And an ear-ache coz some drunk guy whistled into it.

3D Animated dragon projected on water.

This was a projection in an abandoned factory of the Apocalypse.

Want.

Gigantic helium balloon goldfishes

BBP - 8-1-2014 at 12:14

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/the-33-most-beautiful-abandoned-pl...

BBP - 17-2-2014 at 12:10

The ice caves of Lake Superior:
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2734/Foto/photoalbum/detail/3598428/...

BBP - 12-3-2014 at 00:13

3D photos of the interior of Yanukovich's house:
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/janukowitschs-villa-360-grad-...

BBP - 29-3-2014 at 12:35

Volkskrant made a collage of the over 10,000 photos they received in one day.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/static/nmc/red/frameset/VK28032014VKFotoaa...

BBP - 23-4-2014 at 17:16

A bit of nostalgia for the old folks...
http://boekenmuseum.nl/nieuw/abc_aapje.htm#

BBP - 30-4-2014 at 17:47

Pictures at an exhibition.
Of Yanukovich's art treasures.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2734/Foto/photoalbum/detail/3645343/...

BBP - 6-5-2014 at 15:08

This is a Dutch colour sample book... from 1692.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2734/Foto/photoalbum/detail/3649996/...

aquagoat - 6-5-2014 at 20:30

1692? still in pretty good condition.

BBP - 7-5-2014 at 15:20

Fully online... wow it's over 800 pages!
http://www.e-corpus.org/notices/102464/gallery/

[Edited on 7-5-14 by BBP]

BBP - 23-5-2014 at 19:43

Previously unpublished WW1 photos:
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2734/Foto/photoalbum/detail/3660499/...

BBP - 24-6-2014 at 16:00

http://news.distractify.com/people/scenes-from-the-past-you-never-e...

Amazing photographs, from world's first selfie to Adolf Hitler rehearsing his speeches in front of a mirror.

Plus some derelict abandoned terrain on the same page... already saved some of them to use as wallpaper.
http://news.distractify.com/dark/science/abandon-places/?v=1
(includes the Church Of Nightmares)

[Edited on 24-6-14 by BBP]

BBP - 27-6-2014 at 09:31

Check out the little sparrow... ^_^

aquagoat - 28-6-2014 at 08:38

some pretty good painters in here.:thumbup:

BBP - 2-7-2014 at 11:41

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2734/Foto/photoalbum/detail/3682104/...
The best space photos of the year!

Batchain - 5-7-2014 at 01:10

Oh, it did work! The pic showed! That was last Easter at my Niece's...she keeps a very fine house. Last week just before the hot weather set in and with some pressure from my sister I had "Jan", the lady next door chop my hair and she went shorter than where I'd specified (I said, "just about touching my shoulders.") and it looks almost '60s "Beatles-ish", but I'm happy and might keep it just a slight bit longer than this when it grows out. But with the 90°+F/32°+C heat and high humidity it's better for these hotter days.
--Bat

aquagoat - 14-7-2014 at 12:39

old pictures of Russia:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/08/russia_in_color_a_century_...

BBP - 14-7-2014 at 18:10

There's a poster on my wall by Dan Seagrave, which I got because of its amazing colour and movement. Here's his site:
http://danseagrave.com/

Seagrave created many album covers for bands like Entombed, Vader and Resurrection.

aquagoat - 15-7-2014 at 17:06

Yeah, I know a lot of his stuff.:guitar2:

BBP - 16-7-2014 at 17:30

World's Worst Slayer Tattoo

aquagoat - 18-7-2014 at 15:52

HAHAHA ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBP - 29-7-2014 at 09:11

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/europe-landscape-still-s...

WW1's scars in the present-day landscape...

BBP - 20-8-2014 at 11:02

http://terriblerealestateagentphotos.com/

aquagoat - 21-8-2014 at 05:35

I like the one with the dolphin. haha.:D

Batchain - 30-8-2014 at 08:26

Very strange! I forgot I'd posted a "selfie", but it was taken last Easter at my niece's on April 20, 2014 but the date of the post was April 7, 2014, 13 days before it was taken! Weird!:duh:

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/GOConnor/media/Bat_Boy.jpg.html

BBP - 4-9-2014 at 11:23

46 Amazing Photos:
http://m.tickld.com/x/46-incredible-photos-you-may-not-have-seen-be...

BBP - 25-9-2014 at 12:20

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2014/sep/25/aerial-...

Europe by drone!

punknaynowned - 25-9-2014 at 17:44

Funny B, earlier TODAY, I was looking at the unused underground London subway pics fpund at the bottom of that page... for a while, but didn't notice the european pics up in the air there at the same site. Just didn't see they were there to look at.
I had started with the guardian article looking at finished but unused subways in New York, with marvelous tile work etc. and ended up in London underground.

While You're up in the air.
I guess that's synchronicity!

BBP - 29-9-2014 at 11:36

Irony:

Attachment: FordEscape.jpg (24kB)
This file has been downloaded 339 times

BBP - 5-1-2015 at 17:39

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2014/dec/12/beautif...

aquagoat - 5-1-2015 at 18:47

some of them trees have really special shapes, nice pics, Bonny.

BBP - 23-1-2015 at 20:39

http://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2015/jan/22/michigans-big-...

Frozen over Michigan!

BBP - 2-2-2015 at 08:38

Ready, set... GASP!
http://www.boredpanda.com/magic-realism-paintings-rob-gonsalves/

polydigm - 2-2-2015 at 16:24

Very entertaining.

aquagoat - 2-2-2015 at 18:47

Pretty cool paintings and the pictures of Michigan are great.

BBP - 13-11-2015 at 21:45

GLOW Eindhoven was crowded crowded crowded - not much space, but at least I have some photos...

These were at an exposition for light in art, to be specific an arts contest.

Rope cathedral with blacklight was very cool...

This one, on the spying of NSA and Google, got my vote for the audience award.

Astronomy tower.

One of my favourite works unfortunately doesn't look good on photos, but these did:

Fire tornado

Weeping Willows, trees with white light, was very effective and beautiful, although simple in approach.

Pendulum, four moving lights in a tiny chamber was very claustrophobic.

Giant tumble toys. Want. WANT! NOW!!

Luminarie De Cagna could return with their most ostentative work yet, and that is up to much competition. What you can't hear is the almost boasting sound effects with standard words on what Eindhoven means to people and a very gooey tune you wish you never knew. But at least it works with my 2007 camera.

Same artwork but up close, and with one of the many Eindhoven WW2 memorials on the foreground.

A strange tule shape creates beautiful lines

A couple of days ago part of this work came crashing down.

aquagoat - 14-11-2015 at 08:43

beautiful pics, Bonny, I'd lie to see that for real one day, thzt seems pretty amazing.

BBP - 15-11-2015 at 00:42

It was very very very very busy... hope they'll lengthen the duration to cope with all the visitors.

BBP - 13-1-2016 at 12:08

Jonathan Kleikowski made these photos of the Costa Concordia:
http://verhalen.volkskrant.nl/costa-concordia#1170

BBP - 16-1-2016 at 00:05

Had I shared this one here yet?
http://bonnzai.deviantart.com/art/Evoluon-Sunset-575781970

polydigm - 16-1-2016 at 01:00

Yes. http://packardgoose.ploeg.ws/interactive/forums/Files/viewthread.ph...
A strange looking building indeed.

BBP - 16-1-2016 at 15:47

Ah... thanks... poor memory.

aquagoat - 15-5-2016 at 14:10

ok, some of the pics from Koh amui island where I stayed 2 weeks.

First, the hotel:

[URL=http://s46.photobucket.com/user/neun-arme/media/IMG_6383.jpg.html]
[/URL]

aquagoat - 15-5-2016 at 14:33

The bedroom:

The spa, where I got my back put back together by a very cute and funny girl named Suwannee:

One of the meals we ate at one of the restaurants of the hotel:

More pics of the hotel:

aquagoat - 15-5-2016 at 14:48

Visit of the island by 4x4 and by foot:

Different temples and places of cult:

Then we went to a coconut plantation:

Leandre, our guide:

me:

The monkey they use to pick up the coconuts:

The Baobab, a bar/restaurant run by a french guy named Greg and his Thai wife called Indie:

Going to the waterfall, unfortunately at that time of the year, it hadn't rained for almost two months, so not much water there:

Banana tree:

We also visited the Golf course, but didn't take any pics of it.:shy:

aquagoat - 15-5-2016 at 15:06

The second week we went to another island called Koh Phangan, located in the north of Koh Samui. We went there with a traditional thai junk bought and restored by a belgian guy who's lived there for a few years now:

Jumping from the roof of the junk:

The bar/restaurant of Koh Phangan:

Back on the junk with a french couple we make the acquaintance of early in the trip:

aquagoat - 15-5-2016 at 15:16

Back at the Baobab, Greg, the boss, is french and the rest of the crew is thai, they're all really cool and nice, the food is good, the cocktails are good (with actual alcohol in them, not like in most of the bars of the island):

The plane that took us back to France:

I regret not having taken pics of the little towns we went to, Chawneg, Nathon, etc. And also I should have taken pics of some of the hotel staff members, especially Suwannee, my massager, and Lach Mee who works at one of the restaurants and she's got such a cute smile and she's so sweet, I must admit I had a huge crush on her... anyway, as soon as I've got enough money, I'll go back, maybe one week in Bangkok or Phuket and one week in Koh Samui.

BBP - 15-5-2016 at 17:46

Breathtaking photos Aqua! And great to see what you look like too! :bouncing:

aquagoat - 15-5-2016 at 18:26

Thank you very much. I don't remember whether I've ever posted a pic of me before or not, I'm not sure...

BBP - 15-5-2016 at 18:46

I remember I couldn't find any when I drew that get well card for you after you broke your elbow... :biggrin:

aquagoat - 15-5-2016 at 19:47

Yeah, I only very recently started posting pics of me on some forums. I don't really like that but it's no more such a big deal as it used to be in the past.

BBP - 15-5-2016 at 22:57

I can relate... here I'm more comfortable than elsewhere. That photo of me dressed as tiger, I didn't dare post that at Zappa.com.

aquagoat - 16-5-2016 at 07:22

Yes, I can understand that. That's what I do too, only for a little audience I've known for quite a long time. lol.

BBP - 17-5-2016 at 00:08

Right!

Aaanyway, had a busy Pentecost. On Sunday, the Evoluon was open, which I visit on any occasion I can (my 5th visit so far in 33 years of trying). Since it's not just plain awesome on the outside, but also on the inside, I made 180 photos, uploaded them to dA to use their software to make a motion book, but that's harder than it looks.

And today was Open Castle day. We have a lot of castles nearby but there's one I had my sight on: in Asten, about 20 km away. Dad and I cycled there - an exhausting journey, but well worth to see the castle ruins. They're allegedly haunted by the ghosts of the women who were tortured in the witch hunt in the late 1500s.

Entry porch of the castle's farm buildings

Ruins of the main building. As you can see, this open day was rather crowded, with questionable music performances and a lot of kids.

Remains of the castle's tower. The old drawbridge was originally to the left of the bridge I was standing on while taking this photo. This tower had a basement that originally held the counterweights of the drawbridge. After the bridge was moved, the counterweights were no longer needed and removed. But the cellars underneath is where the lord of the castle, Bernard van Merode, imprisoned and tortured the women suspected of witchcraft - some didn't make it, one was rescued but was paralyzed - one escaped and related of torture and rape to the clergy, and the church stepped in to halt the persecutions.

The medieval kitchen: the passage to the left was to drain water if the floor had been scrubbed, the smaller niches were for lanterns and candles and alike, and the large niches on the right were ovens.

Looking in from the outside, through the overgrown tower and the front hall

Looking out a window in the overgrown tower

Overgrown tower

Overgrown tower

One dark cellar. These were very very dark. The wooden pillars were part of a bridge.

Garden bridges

polydigm - 17-5-2016 at 04:54

Nice pics Bonny and Aqua.

aquagoat - 17-5-2016 at 11:23

Great pics Bonny. I like castles and medieval ruins.

DED - 18-5-2016 at 19:43

Incredible and beatiful Thailand pictures. Thank you for sharing.

BBP - 18-5-2016 at 21:34

I uploaded a lot of my photos to DeviantArt today, they're doing well...

And of Asten:

BBP - 28-5-2016 at 21:15

These are awesome AND cute street artworks in South Africa, all related to elephants!
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2016/may/28/trunk-b...

aquagoat - 29-5-2016 at 05:47

haha, the pink one is great!

BBP - 15-7-2016 at 21:02

Urban exploring in Fukushima:
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2016/jul/15/urban-e...

BBP - 16-11-2016 at 23:39

Glow Eindhoven 2016:

BBP - 10-4-2017 at 18:49

Anyone up for pandas?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/10/china-baby-pandas-dest...

aquagoat - 15-4-2017 at 07:44

haha, pandas rock, they're so cute.

BBP - 5-7-2017 at 14:39

Another way to make a living:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2017/jul/05/south-korean-c...

aquagoat - 6-7-2017 at 07:21

Hey, that's a cool and funny idea. Now I suppose this coffee must be quite expensive.

BBP - 6-7-2017 at 11:19

Considering it takes him 15 minutes per coffee, it'll probably be cold as well...

aquagoat - 7-7-2017 at 07:39

well, yeah, also. But I like the idea.

BBP - 7-7-2017 at 09:36

Found a video even!
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/videozone/ookdatnog/1.3016283

aquagoat - 7-7-2017 at 16:51

yeah, I really like the idea!

BBP - 28-7-2017 at 16:35

These felines were saved from a zoo in Aleppo, they're taken to Turkey to recover and will relocate to other places in Europe once they're better.
https://verhalen.volkskrant.nl/tijgers-in-aleppo#9789

BBP - 28-7-2017 at 17:14

Look! Awesome weather pictures!
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/gallery/2016/jul/28/jason-weinga...

aquagoat - 28-7-2017 at 17:55

Awesome indeed!

BBP - 8-8-2017 at 17:31

This is a sculpture made of old car bumpers and donated coffee machines:

BBP - 10-8-2017 at 11:00

Here's some unbelievable art:
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/gallery/2017/aug/10/structures-ut...

aquagoat - 13-8-2017 at 08:46

Long exposure pictures are pretty cool and revealing.
http://izismile.com/2017/08/10/how_long_exposure_changes_the_world_...

aquagoat - 13-8-2017 at 08:47

This is a sculpture made of old car bumpers and donated coffee machines:
That orca looks great.

BBP - 7-9-2017 at 10:18

Amazing trees:
http://www.boredpanda.com/a-place-of-enchantment/

Don't forget to scroll between them!

BBP - 2-1-2018 at 16:32

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2017/dec/29/nice-to-...

Here are some species that were first discovered in 2017!

BBP - 1-2-2018 at 10:01

Some more super blue blood moon photos:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/gallery/2018/jan/31/super-blue-b...

BBP - 14-2-2018 at 16:50

Winners of the Underwater Photography Awards:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2018/feb/14/underwat...

BBP - 12-3-2018 at 11:42

Gorgeous miniature landscapes!
http://twistedsifter.com/2018/01/miniature-calendar-by-tatsuya-tana...

polydigm - 15-3-2018 at 11:11

That guy is amazing. I love those pictures.

BBP - 3-4-2018 at 08:35

These miniature landscapes are amazing!

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2018/apr/03/absurdi...

ThreeHeadedMonkey - 12-4-2018 at 18:57

^ Love all of them, awesome stuff. Wonder how much time it takes on average to set up one of these!

BBP - 13-4-2018 at 08:08

Some more amazing underwater photography:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2018/apr/12/unforget...

aquagoat - 14-4-2018 at 07:21

Awesome pics!

BBP - 26-4-2018 at 19:31

Some historical photos:
http://douglascountygensoc.org/photos002.html

BBP - 28-7-2018 at 06:59

Blood moon photos:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/gallery/2018/jul/27/2018s-blood-...

BBP - 2-8-2018 at 09:00

World's most beautiful libraries:
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2018/jul/31/librari...

aquagoat - 2-8-2018 at 17:15

These are impressive libraries, indeed.

BBP - 28-9-2018 at 06:24

Tigers!
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2018/sep/27/eye-on-t...

BBP - 1-1-2019 at 00:58

Pictures from an ancient fireworks catalogue:
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2018/dec/29/back-wi...

BBP - 1-1-2019 at 18:42

The best wildlife photos of 2018:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2019/jan/01/the-best...

BBP - 21-1-2019 at 20:18

Super Blood Wolf Moon Eclipse photos:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2019/jan/21/lunar-eclipse-...

BBP - 29-7-2019 at 17:53

Tiger photography:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2018/sep/27/eye-on-t...

BBP - 6-11-2020 at 08:21

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/gallery/2020/nov/05/from-...
Weather pictures!

aquagoat - 30-3-2021 at 18:59

Awesome!!

BBP - 28-5-2021 at 08:25

Galaxy photos:
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2021/may/28/milky-w...

BBP - 6-6-2021 at 10:57

Cool lightning pics!
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2021/jun/06/chasing...

polydigm - 7-6-2021 at 15:49

Impressive pictures!

BBP - 13-10-2021 at 19:48

Wildlife Photography Of The Year 2021:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2021/oct/12/wildlife...

BBP - 1-9-2022 at 17:34

Wildlife Photography of the Year 2022:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2022/sep/01/wildlife...

BBP - 16-9-2022 at 06:40

Astronomy Photo of the year:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/gallery/2022/sep/16/astronomy-ph...

GrayGhost - 21-9-2022 at 20:58

Oh look, it's Cocoa the Circus Corgi.....

The folks I work for have four dogs which spend quite a bit of
time in on and around the office and all of it's flat surfaces.....

Great for morale.....

GrayGhost - 26-9-2022 at 11:02

GrayGhost - 27-9-2022 at 11:37

M45, Pleiades Cluster.....

GrayGhost - 30-9-2022 at 08:17

GrayGhost - 8-10-2022 at 11:17

GrayGhost - 20-10-2022 at 12:35

GrayGhost - 21-10-2022 at 12:33

AGuyWithAWrench - 22-10-2022 at 06:43

GrayGhost - 23-10-2022 at 23:13

ursinator2.0 - 24-10-2022 at 12:45

The grand wazoo orchestra

GrayGhost - 29-10-2022 at 07:18

I love little puppies.....

oops!.....

GrayGhost - 8-11-2022 at 07:41

GrayGhost - 8-11-2022 at 08:09

Wilds Triplet from Hubble

GrayGhost - 12-11-2022 at 01:48

GrayGhost - 20-11-2022 at 04:41

GrayGhost - 26-11-2022 at 07:10

purrrrr.....

or burrrrr.....

or bear.....

GrayGhost - 29-11-2022 at 09:07

BBP - 8-12-2022 at 11:27

Northern Lights Photography of the year
https://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2022/dec/07/northern-light...

ursinator2.0 - 8-12-2022 at 19:26

The World's Greatest Sinner
Restoration World Premiere. Post-screening conversation with Romeo Carey.
Ted Mann Theater Saturday December 10, 2022 10pm PT

While character actor Timothy Carey is best remembered for portraying tough guys in East of Eden (1955) and Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976), he was interested in exploring the edgy possibilities of non-commercial filmmaking on his own. In 1962, Carey wrote, directed, produced, and starred in this notorious oddity in Los Angeles for his own independent company. Featuring a score by a 22-year-old Frank Zappa written prior to the formation of The Mothers of Invention, this film about an insurance salesman with designs on becoming a literal rock-and-roll deity showcases one of the few independent spirits of 1960s American filmmaking. 

GrayGhost - 9-12-2022 at 10:30

^^^^^ Excellent..... ^^^^^

Utility Combat Purse by Benjamin Greco.....of course.....

GrayGhost - 3-1-2023 at 07:46

Ever wonder what happened to Little Toot the Tugboat?

Changed his name and moved to Minnesota.....

BBP - 3-1-2023 at 18:05

Cute!

BBP - 8-1-2023 at 12:47

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2023/jan/07/balloon...

GrayGhost - 25-1-2023 at 10:13

^^^^^ That's taking it to a whole different level…..^^^^^

GrayGhost - 25-2-2023 at 04:15

Frank Zappa Paris 1980…..

BBP - 4-3-2023 at 20:27

Book art:
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2023/mar/04/sculptu...

GrayGhost - 13-3-2023 at 08:53

Plook - 13-3-2023 at 23:58

That was me during the pandemic...LOL...I wasn't horsing around...:lol:

ursinator2.0 - 14-5-2023 at 20:30

:cool:

BBP - 3-6-2023 at 09:21

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2023/jun/03/etherea...
Milky Way Photographer Of The Year!

BBP - 15-9-2023 at 11:20

Astronomy Photography of the Year 2023
https://www.theguardian.com/science/gallery/2023/sep/15/astronomy-ph...

Plook - 15-9-2023 at 21:11

Good stuff Bonny I love those images...:cool:

tinkamok - 16-9-2023 at 09:18

Those astronomy photos are great Bonny .
Kind of makes us look very insignificant .:lol:

BBP - 5-11-2023 at 20:33

Aurora Borealis has made a rare appearance over Stonehenge:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/05/northern-lights-dazz...

BBP - 8-12-2023 at 14:13

Northern Light Photographer of the Year Award
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2023/dec/08/norther...