PackardGoose.com Forums

Cars?

zombie1210 - 7-8-2008 at 01:04

What kind of cars do you drive?

Currently I have a 2009 Pontiac Vibe and an old POS Harley Sportster.

I had to dump my Chevy big block truck. Too costly to drive.

BBP - 7-8-2008 at 08:09

I have a nice bicycle. Don't drive.

Here's my two-wheeled friend, named Pitje:

Jakeobs - 7-8-2008 at 18:29

A 2005 Hyundai Elantra. And fuck the haters. Hyundais rule.

zombie1210 - 7-8-2008 at 23:57

Cool.

We get to use foul language on Bonny's forum!

:bald:

BBP - 8-8-2008 at 08:50

Sure. Though I'm personally not fond of using them.

scallopino - 8-8-2008 at 14:48

A 1993 Mitsubishi Magna wagon. An absolute piece of shit and universally regarded as a piece of shit, but apart from a broken alternator it has never broken down.

Fido3 - 27-8-2008 at 21:27

A Mazda 6 TS2

Badchild - 28-8-2008 at 08:56

I'm lucky enough to have a company car. It's one of these...

it get's the family around and has a good stereo system.

But I have one of these stashed away in Canada, for my retirement driving....

I've had so many cars through the years i've lost count. I've had four Toyotas and never (NEVER) had any car problems with them. My favorite was a 1974 Celica. It was a real fun drive!

My mustang is basically a Dragster. It goes real fast but only in a straight line.

BBP - 28-8-2008 at 09:50

Wow... that one's great! Why keep it stashed away? It's gorgeous!

Badchild - 28-8-2008 at 11:32

Because when i decided to get married and move to France, i did not have the cash needed to have it shipped over (and i did not know if i was going to stay). I had it mothballed by a pro and it's put away safe until i want to bring it over. It's a rare car and i don't have time to take care of it. And also it's sort of an insurance policy if ever things went awry. I could get maybe 100 keuros for it here in France.

Badchild - 29-8-2008 at 10:58

Two years ago i had an "I'm over 40 now" attack and went out and bought one of these. It's wonderful to ride around in Ardèche. Which where it will stay. I will never ride my bike in the city.

I always wanted a Guzzi. I had the 750 for a couple of months but it was too small.

scallopino - 30-8-2008 at 03:09

My uncle also had an "I'm over 40 moment" last year and bought a bike. I can't remember what he bought though.

BBP - 30-8-2008 at 12:57

A bike. :drums:

(Sorry. Been watching too much Count Duckula on YouTube.)

LaMarrBruister - 31-8-2008 at 03:04

'04 GMC Sierra
'07 Chevy Trailblazer
'98 Chevy Cavalier

I work for GM,I buy GM.

scallopino - 31-8-2008 at 17:09

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
A bike. :drums:

(Sorry. Been watching too much Count Duckula on YouTube.)

Oh yeah! Thanks for clearing that up for me Bonny! You see I have this problem where I can't remember previous sentences. It's called Previous Sentence Amnesia (PSA). About 1 in 1 billion suffer from it. So there are about five others. I've forgotten their names though.

BBP - 1-9-2008 at 17:52

:bouncing: I can't remember names either, ScrappyDoo...

aquagoat - 7-9-2008 at 07:36

I don't drive, don't have a licence, but these cars are about the only reason I'd learn driving for:

I'll probably never drive them, though...

BBP - 7-9-2008 at 21:14

That one on the bottom looks ace!

I much appreciate cars as eye-candy... during the car-festival Pole Position I made over 100 pictures of cars.

Badchild - 8-9-2008 at 08:38

The bottom one is the Aston-Martin DB9 -It's a James Bond Car.
Only 130 000 euros at your nearest Aston Martin Dealership.

By the way this car has an artificial neural network implemented at the hardware level to detect engine misfires. Wish i had one of those for my brain....

scallopino - 8-9-2008 at 11:46

:D What's the top car? It kind of looks like the Nissan Skylines the rich Mediterranean sorts drive around the suburbs of Melbourne with "doof doof doof adoofdoofdoof" blaring.

Badchild - 8-9-2008 at 13:06

I think it's a DB8 also from Aston-martin.

The Skyline was one great car. I don't really like what the kids are doing now with this Tuning stuff. We used to "modify" cars by cutting down roofs and wheel wells for big tires...and putting a big V8 engine in lieu of the little 4 cylinder that the car was designed for....Just for laughs because the you could not really drive the finished product around because it would usually fall to pieces as soon as you reved to motor up a bit....Ah the good ol days....

Badchild - 8-9-2008 at 13:21

if i had the money honey....

over 540 hp of pure rubber burning heaven...:shocked:
0-100 km/h in 4.2sec.
also available in yellow, blue or red finish...
Only 1500 will be produced in 2009 (1000 in 2008)....ONLY 80 000 DOLLARS US (That's only 54 000 euros folks).

This is my all time dream car....

scallopino - 9-9-2008 at 12:15

Geez, that's actually not too bad. For some. But what would people think of the person inside something with a paint finish like that?

Badchild - 9-9-2008 at 13:12

I guess it would depend if you had a gold chain bracelet and a big pinky ring....But if you had an old leather jacket and black converse tennis shoes it would be different. But remember, nobody could see you anyway because of all the rubber smoke:-D

BBP - 9-9-2008 at 14:27

Or the reflection of the sun on the bodywork.

polydigm - 9-9-2008 at 23:48

Surely you could get one custom painted completely jet black, now that would look the business.

Badchild - 10-9-2008 at 10:05

Black is nice, it looks great in the showroom, however it's near impossible to keep clean and look good out on the street.

BBP - 10-9-2008 at 15:59

Oh yeah! And it gets real hot in summer!
White, too, is horrible when it comes to smudges.

I want one of them rainbow paints, so the car changes colour as it travels by. My bicycle would look ace! Although I much appreciate Pitje's vintage look.

aquagoat - 10-9-2008 at 17:06

Quote:
Originally posted by scallopino
:D What's the top car? It kind of looks like the Nissan Skylines the rich Mediterranean sorts drive around the suburbs of Melbourne with "doof doof doof adoofdoofdoof" blaring.
it's actually an Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

BBP - 27-9-2008 at 17:58

We had to leave behind our 1993 Opel Omega behind at a parking lot, because of a broken water pump. We were driving on the highway, on our way to Grandma's birthday, chatting, when Dad noticed the engine was boiling. He drove it to a side, when we heard a loud noise and the car stopped. There was smoke coming off the engine.
It was around 1:30 PM, and after that, we took over 4 hours to get home: waiting for aid to arrive, waiting for the bus... We're exhausted. Worst part is, aside from missing grandma's birthday, that my father has no transport to get to work right now. Hope we can work it out somehow.

scallopino - 29-9-2008 at 10:58

Car problems suck. They really do. Luckily in our family we have four cars, though three of them are shithouse, so we can generally drive each other around.

BBP - 29-9-2008 at 20:04

Aw that's fun... I don't drive. Neither do my sister or grandma. Dad's pretty much the chauffeur here, although we all prefer public transport.

Fortunately the car will be fixed, at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately it means my father will have to drive a rental black Ford Ka.

Badchild - 30-9-2008 at 12:57

Oh! God! Do i ever feel sorry for your Dad! the Ford Ka is possibly the ugliest car ever made. I think i would rather take the bus.

BBP - 30-9-2008 at 16:45

Yep... but he works in Belgium.

Besides, bus service on this side of the country is appalling... We took the bus from Oirschot to Eindhoven, normally a 15-minute drive. It took 30 minutes.

DED - 21-3-2011 at 18:55

At this moment the mileage is 375.xxx km more than 10 times around the world

punknaynowned - 21-3-2011 at 22:08

I have owned three cars in my life. All in the late '90's.
One was technically a loan to a friend. It sat in the field and I never drove it.

One I used for about eight months driving 30k and back from work for about three of those months and to get groceries. I also drove that one to Wichita a couple times.

The third I drove a couple times here in town and then once disastrously to Kansas City. All in one trip, the tire blew, the transmission broke and the mount and control of the steering wheel also went bad. I had to abandon it on the side of the highway on the way back. Luckily I knew I had problems and asked my friends to stay behind me on the return so they were able to pick me up. Later after that car was towed into town and before I could pay the fee for that a neighbor called to have this 'abandoned vehicle' in front of her house towed. She didn't know it was mine and I had no way to move it. The junkyard called later and I went down and told them I didn't want it. Then they insisted on fees for having towed it to the junkyard. I told them to keep the car in exchange for the fee. They never called me back. I lost about $300 there.

MTF - 22-3-2011 at 03:58

I have a Toyota truck. It's thirteen years old, and has 54,000 miles.

Apparently, I'm the little old lady from Pasadena...

BBP - 22-3-2011 at 17:02

Was that the Toyota I saw flying by dangling from helium balloons?

polydigm - 23-3-2011 at 11:15

Quote: Originally posted by MTF  
Apparently, I'm the little old lady from Pasadena...
I'm not getting the allusion. Please explain.

BBP - 23-3-2011 at 12:04

It's a standard line car sellers use in comic books and alike. "This car belonged to a little old lady from Pasadena who drove it to church once per week."