PackardGoose.com Forums

the Isaac ignore feature

Huck_Phlem - 22-11-2008 at 20:00

Is it working for you?

I looked on there and don't see anything from him and if everyone or almost everyone ignores him then we won't even see quotes of him.

BBP - 22-11-2008 at 20:30

Oh yes! Just purrfect!

BBP - 23-11-2008 at 14:25

Isaac PMed me. I decided to read it.

He apologized and said it wasn't his intention to piss me off.

He's still on my Ignore list. I wish it was called Ignore rather than Foe. It's not like he's an enemy/a.

Huck_Phlem - 23-11-2008 at 19:37

Yea but it is nice to not even see him at all.

MTF - 23-11-2008 at 23:02

Mikey came into the chat last night. He was looking for Isaac. He said he wanted to "stick my boot up his ass" because Isaac's been abusing the Report feature. It seems that every time he sees something he doesn't like - which is most of the time - he clicks the red exclamation mark.

Mikey added that feature mostly to help get rid of SPAM, but now Isaac's using it to SPAM Mikey. Not a good idea...

[Edited on 11/23/2008 by MTF]

jabba - 24-11-2008 at 01:09

I can't believe I got banned and that little twerp didn't. I also can't believe that they are deleting stuff that makes them look bad but make us suffer through all of the shit that he stirs up!

polydigm - 24-11-2008 at 06:42

I'm having a great time at zappa.com now that I can ignore Isaac. I'm sorry to hear about you being banned Jabba, do you have any idea why? It's pretty obvious why Jimmie D got banned, he didn't just post P/O stuff, he was often very abusive towards Gail and could be pretty negative some times. It is Gail's forum ultimately and abusing the owner is a bit dumb really. How long would I last here, Bonny, if I started abusing you?

BBP - 24-11-2008 at 13:34

Not long. But I'd give you warnings before I'd ban you: I did that with Zombie and Isaac.

jabba - 24-11-2008 at 17:26

Exactly, I wish they could have warned me or told me to fix it or they would fix it. Something. I truly didn't know that the pic of fz behind bars was prohibited. Anyways, I'm back on now and ignoring isaac like crazy! It's amazing how nice it makes the threads!

I've noticed that he's been abusing the report abuse feature over there. He posted an IM that Mikey sent him about it and I don't think that helped his status. He's a mess!

BBP - 24-11-2008 at 18:12

I'm SO on the lookout for that PM! Where is it?

polydigm - 24-11-2008 at 21:52

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac at zappa.com: I just received the most ridiculous PM I have ever gotten:

Mikey wrote:
The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:
Please stop using the "report post" function frivolously.

If this continues, you will be suspended, and then if it continues beyond that, you will be permanently banned.

Mikey
zappa.com

So, Jimmie D, an actual contributor to the board, gets banned, but Mikey refuses to posts that are legitimately abusive? The hell?

Isaac

This is truly pathetic because Isaac is trying to ride on Jimmie D's back, like somehow they're actually friends, and also because he's missing the point that he probably should have been banned before Jimmie D was.

polydigm - 24-11-2008 at 22:03

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Not long. But I'd give you warnings before I'd ban you: I did that with Zombie and Isaac.

Do we know that Jimmie D didn't get any warnings? Isaac was given warnings before he was banned back in April 2006. I think Jabba's situation is ridiculous, he should have been warned about that picture. I guess it's a sore point seeing as FZ did once do some time, but I think Gail has misunderstood the intention of that picture.

I fully agree with your point about a set of forum rules, they should provide some. And if something happens like in Jabba's case that doesn't fit a specific rule you should at least be given a chance to remove an offending item. To think that Gail is just sitting there waiting to poof people out of the forum as soon as they do something she disapproves of is a bit freaky.

BBP - 24-11-2008 at 22:10

Hey! I should ask him! Maybe he was given warnings... Forum will never be the same without him...

Pappawas1975 - 24-11-2008 at 22:24

Even though some of Isaac's posts are annoying, I refuse to use the "ignore" function on any site.
I mean, I can still read his posts and still ignore him, right?

BBP - 24-11-2008 at 22:30

Yes... but on the other hand, his posts take up so much space!

Pappawas1975 - 24-11-2008 at 22:38

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Yes... but on the other hand, his posts take up so much space!

Well, yeah, that is one way of looking at it!

BBP - 24-11-2008 at 22:41

:) Well, I'm glad I no longer have to get frustrated over him replying to me all the time, poking for a nasty reaction... Ignoring somebody is so much easier if you have custom earplugs...

aquagoat - 25-11-2008 at 06:39

wouldn't it be better to fully ignore him by stopping talking about him here ?

Badchild - 25-11-2008 at 09:50

Hiya! I think it's a shame if Jimmie D got banned from the zappa forum. The new forum is nice.
And now back to talking about issac.....

BBP - 25-11-2008 at 15:14

Quote:
Originally posted by aquagoat

It would be! But there are always people who keep on talking to him, and it just takes one to get Isaac going again.

feetlightup - 25-11-2008 at 21:42

I've set the I-man on ignore, but I still find myself un-hiding his comments since they're often needed to understand the flow (so to speak) of the thread. Plus, if someone quotes him, you end up reading it anyway. In any case, it's a moral victory of class over ass.

MTF - 25-11-2008 at 22:58

I see Trendmonger's once again waking up from his hibernation. But I don't think I'll have to put him on IGNORE: he at least limits himself to a few threads.

Isaac's more like a firehose. He sprays hit shit all over the place...

MTF - 25-11-2008 at 23:02

Quote:
Originally posted by aquagoat

Yes it would. But it's kind of like a train wreck: you don't want to look, but you have to...

feetlightup - 26-11-2008 at 17:46

Quote:
Originally posted by MTF
I see Trendmonger's once again waking up from his hibernation. But I don't think I'll have to put him on IGNORE: he at least limits himself to a few threads.

Isaac's more like a firehose. He sprays hit shit all over the place...

Sad as it is to say, I've missed Trendmonger's rants. It's only when he goes completely batshit insane and starts a lot of new threads that it really starts to keep me away. But I guess it's all or nothing with him. He's been keeping cool for a while, but I have a feeling once he gets going it's hard for him to stop.

[Edited on 26-11-2008 by feetlightup]

polydigm - 27-11-2008 at 06:51

Since the new forum has started there have been many more people posting there, it's a lot harder to get through so I'm having to be a great deal more selective about which current threads I'll read and I certainly don't want to waste any time on turkeys. Having Isaac and Trendy on ignore means I don't have to exert any effort in ignoring them. Like MTF says, Isaac is just all over the place, but Trendy posts some really long posts, so just scrolling past him is a pain. Personally, the feature makes a big difference to me, I have started enjoying that forum again and I haven't felt that way in a long time.

BBP - 27-11-2008 at 10:13

Wow... I've noticed the new popularity of the forum... it's amazing! And now that not all topics are about Isaac, I even visit the Randomonium again.

Huck_Phlem - 2-12-2008 at 06:39

I am so glad I don't have to see Isaac anymore!

polydigm - 2-12-2008 at 07:46

For those of you who haven't heard yet, Isaac has been suspended for 7 days. I'm pretty sure it won't make any difference, I don't think he'll be able to help himself when he's allowed back. He needs professional help.

BBP - 2-12-2008 at 13:07

It'll work for seven days! We can finally get all the Isaac names off the Randomonium! Let's get down to it!!

BBP - 9-12-2008 at 16:42

Well... it'll come in useful again!

feetlightup - 9-12-2008 at 19:24

Is he actually denying that he got suspended? Whoa.

BBP - 9-12-2008 at 20:30

Whoa! Perhaps I'll view some of his posts: although that's not always working and I sometimes see more messages than just one if I unlock it over one mail.

Fingthish - 10-12-2008 at 09:11

I'm in a hurry at work and and the end of a short meal break this looks like a cool spot thanks to BBP for the prompt. Oh shit I should have signed in as Lao Tzu oh I guess I'll have to stick with Fingthish.

BBP - 10-12-2008 at 13:36

Of course not! Just ask and I'll change your name: though it's important to note this may mean that you'll have login problems. Ask Huck_Phlem.

polydigm - 11-12-2008 at 05:41

Quote:
Originally posted by feetlightup

On page 18 of the Haiku thread after Spacebrother mentioned that he wasn't the one who got revoked, Isaac said:

Who was revoked? I
was too busy working on
RiffTrax last week

I knew it wasn't going to make any difference, in fact he's getting worse, if that's possible.

feetlightup - 11-12-2008 at 15:48

Quote:
Originally posted by polydigm
Quote:
Originally posted by feetlightup

On page 18 of the Haiku thread after Spacebrother mentioned that he wasn't the one who got revoked, Isaac said:

Who was revoked? I
was too busy working on
RiffTrax last week

I knew it wasn't going to make any difference, in fact he's getting worse, if that's possible.

Ah yes, that's the post I saw, thanks.

I must say I'm glad Trendy has woken up from hibernation to get his dander up about a new release like he always does. Not a popular opinion I'll bet, but it does get a little boring over there when nothing's going on.

BBP - 11-12-2008 at 15:59

It got very quiet indeed. Thing is we're now being censored there for talking about Isaac. I don't get it anymore, and I'm not sure if I want to be a part of it. It has nothing to do with the Zappa-forum I joined 6 years ago.

jabba - 11-12-2008 at 16:05

They're deleting posts about Isaac?

BBP - 11-12-2008 at 20:14

They're locking threads about Isaac.

jabba - 11-12-2008 at 20:43

Why don't they just lock him? I guess this way we know who the enemy is and we can ignore him. If they did ban him, I'm sure he'd find his way back in and it might take us months to figure it out.

The other day we ignored him in the Chat and it pissed him off! We didn't use the ignore feature, we just didn't respond or react to anything he said. There were 4 or 5 of us in there at the time. We didn't plan it, it just happened and it was hilarious!

MTF - 12-12-2008 at 10:06

I think Gail has some sympathy for Isaac, and for Trendmonger as well. I think she sees a little bit of Ahmet in them.

I may be wrong, but I have a suspicion that's why these two get a longer piece of rope than everyone else.

BBP - 12-12-2008 at 13:07

I for one have always believed in second, maybe third or fourth chances... If Isaac would re-sign in under a different name and he'd be there for months without anyone noticing, would we care?

That phrase might just be offensive to Ahmet, MTF...

Huck_Phlem - 14-12-2008 at 07:53

I just love the fact that I don't have to read anymore of his bullshit.

BBP - 14-12-2008 at 14:40

That's the spirit!

jabba - 15-12-2008 at 06:13

Quote:
Mikey Wrote:
You created an account to harass yourself with "kill isaac" posts. That's astounding to me that you are so starved for attention that now most people are ignoring you, you actually would create an account to harass yourself. So for starters, I'm disturbed to deal with this shit on a Sunday. Then on top of that, you treat me like a fool and claim it wasn't you - even though the post came from an IP address you have used in the past. If it's not you, then someone in your house hates you as much as you are hated here. You are now permanently banned. Go waste people's time on another board now. For anyone else here who thinks that this ridiculous shit can continue, please note that further discussion of Isaac will result in a ban for you too. Grow the fuck up and stop acting like children. Mikey zappa.com

Huck_Phlem - 15-12-2008 at 08:10

Whooooooo Hooooooo! Yea finally the fucker is banned!

BBP - 15-12-2008 at 12:54

Ehhhm... Huck? I'm not sure who the addressed is in that PM, but the "Kill Isaac" part makes me think it's not Isaac.

BBP - 15-12-2008 at 13:17

Sorry, I read it in context now! He's gone!

punknaynowned - 16-12-2008 at 06:36

It won't be long now before he returns.
Zombie isn't likely to return. Isaac? He'll be back.

Nice to see y'all
I should return soon,
happy holidays.
Stay Warm.

BBP - 16-12-2008 at 12:11

Zombie's already there under a different account. He knows how to behave, it's just that he won't. Which is more disturbing than Isaac who just doesn't know how to behave.

jabba - 16-12-2008 at 15:38

who's Zombie now?

BBP - 16-12-2008 at 18:58

I think it's LaMarr Bruister.

polydigm - 16-12-2008 at 22:50

Quote:
Originally posted by punknaynowned: Nice to see y'all I should return soon, happy holidays. Stay Warm.

Hey Punky, I noticed, cheers!!

polydigm - 16-12-2008 at 23:02

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP: I think it's LaMarr Bruister.

Isn't he one of Milton Bradley's mates? What makes you think he might have been Zombie?

BBP - 17-12-2008 at 14:03

When people make a very, very nasty remark I just think it's Zombie. I've also suspected Milton Bradley. (Sorry for our dear members here: don't mean to offend you.) It's basically a hunch thing.

feetlightup - 18-12-2008 at 14:07

Interesting, Bonny. I'm quite familiar with LaMarr - like jimmie d, I've corresponded with him via PMs and mail trades. He may have a potty mouth, but he's definitely no scheming troll.

Huck_Phlem - 18-12-2008 at 19:30

I thought Zombie was pretty funny some of the time. after a while I started to laugh at his jibes like with JPfunk but I think JP is way cooler. I think once you understand his east coast attitude then you see what he means but Zombie really did troll a lot.

BBP - 18-12-2008 at 20:37

Well Feets, you know me: I'm the Forum Conspiracy Theorist. The forum really only has five members, and the rest is Gail and gang in various incarnations to make us believe there are a lot of Zappa fans. Or something.

polydigm - 19-12-2008 at 01:51

So, Bonny, are you one of the five?

scallopino - 19-12-2008 at 02:31

Personally I think Bonny is both Zombie and Isaac. But don't tell her I said that.

BBP - 19-12-2008 at 12:41

Actually I work for Gail. I was Sebastiaan for a while but he became too incredible. I am still Unica, AbamiEdo and ZappasGod.

polydigm - 20-12-2008 at 08:03

Bonny, stop freaking me out!!

BBP - 20-12-2008 at 18:40

:devil: What's wrong with a good Freak Out?

scallopino - 23-12-2008 at 04:12

She is the tool of the ZFT and industry too, and she is destined to rule and regulate you.

BBP - 23-12-2008 at 14:18

I'm vile and pernicious, but you can't look away, I make you think I'm delicious with the stuff that I say...

Pappawas1975 - 23-12-2008 at 21:19

I'm the best you can get....Have you guessed me , yet?

scallopino - 24-12-2008 at 08:24

Are you trying to tell us that, not only is BBP all these other people, but YOU Pappa are actually BBP? This is all getting very confusing. Kind of like Mission Impossible.

BBP - 24-12-2008 at 12:13

Why yes! That's how we managed to fill several threads here, because it's too easy to get two accounts on-line at the same time!

[Edited on 24-12-08 by BBP]

MTF - 25-12-2008 at 04:12

I'm Batman.

Don't tell anyone...

BBP - 25-12-2008 at 13:43

:shocked: BATMAN! My childhood hero!

The reunion movie of Batman was only on today... aww... happy memories...

Huck_Phlem - 26-12-2008 at 00:23

Bonnie is the tunes chiming out from a music cassette.

BBP - 26-12-2008 at 20:27

(hint)

[Edited on 26-12-08 by BBP]

scallopino - 29-12-2008 at 06:50

You really look like the little girl on that label!

BBP - 29-12-2008 at 12:18

Isn't it cute? Aw they had so many types of ice-cream decoration! I just took this one. I always wondered what those colourful little balls were. And now I know. It's sugar.

scallopino - 30-12-2008 at 09:15

We call them "hundreds and thousands" here in Australia. I don't why but I think it may have been a product name.

scallopino - 30-12-2008 at 09:24

What is the deal with Isaac? When I joined the zappa forum a few years ago he was a slightly annoying but really talented 16 year old who had a vast knowledge of films and wanted to be a film-maker. Now it seems he's not like that at all and is just a complete nut.

BBP - 30-12-2008 at 09:30

He's had some problems in personal life, the kind of stuff you don't wish upon people.

punknaynowned - 31-12-2008 at 10:12

Quote:
Originally posted by scallopino
She is the tool of the ZFT and industry too, and she is destined to rule and regulate you.

. . .
then I found a page
in a quick-thru kind of way
that mimics my place

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9031334069813306486&hl...

Tho different language
maybe ten years time ago
still captures sense

[Edited on 31-12-08 by punknaynowned]

BBP - 31-12-2008 at 13:10

Is not working.

punknaynowned - 31-12-2008 at 16:42

that works
(don't worry it really has nothing to do with you:)

[Edited on 31-12-08 by punknaynowned]

Ike - 3-1-2009 at 15:35

I don't know what's more disturbing, that Mikey lied about me, or that you people are celebrating my being banned based on a lie.

I was never a nuisance. I never did anything wrong, there, here, or anywhere. I did NOT attempt to "harass myself". That is completely untrue. Why would anyone do such a thing? Do you really think that I would post death threats to myself? How pathetic do you have to be to hate someone so much that when they receive death threats, you deny their validity.

My apology to BBP was sincere. I really did not mean to offend her.

I hope all of you realize how much you've wasted your lives with this crap. Frank would be embarrassed to have you as fans. When the end comes for all of you, you will likely not be going where he currently is.

BBP - 3-1-2009 at 17:44

What do you say? Eternal banishment for this account?

MTF - 4-1-2009 at 06:42

Quote:
Originally posted by Ike
I don't know what's more disturbing, that Mikey lied about me, or that you people are celebrating my being banned based on a lie.

I was never a nuisance. I never did anything wrong, there, here, or anywhere. I did NOT attempt to "harass myself". That is completely untrue. Why would anyone do such a thing? Do you really think that I would post death threats to myself? How pathetic do you have to be to hate someone so much that when they receive death threats, you deny their validity.

My apology to BBP was sincere. I really did not mean to offend her.

I hope all of you realize how much you've wasted your lives with this crap. Frank would be embarrassed to have you as fans. When the end comes for all of you, you will likely not be going where he currently is.

Wow. That's both funny and incredibly creepy at the same time.

scallopino - 4-1-2009 at 09:38

Quote:
Originally posted by Ike

And that's such a shame because I had already organised for Frank's grave to be excavated so that I too could be buried there.

polydigm - 5-1-2009 at 08:00

Quote:
Originally posted by scallopino
Quote:
Originally posted by Ike: When the end comes for all of you, you will likely not be going where he currently is.

And that's such a shame because I had already organised for Frank's grave to be excavated so that I too could be buried there.

I think I get what MTF means by creepy, because either Isaac is saying that we're all bad and we're not going to heaven, which means Scallop's jibe is appropriate for me 'cause I'm an atheist, or that he aims to find us all and when he's finished with us there'll be nothing left to bury in the ground.

scallopino - 6-1-2009 at 09:33

:freak: Yikes! "I was never a nuisance." At least his final post showed some honesty...not.

BBP - 6-1-2009 at 13:24

Delusions of grandeur?

punknaynowned - 6-1-2009 at 14:36

here's a way to forget about Isaac.
just watching the responses. ..
I can't believe how funny this is,
courtesy you tube and communitychannel;
where it starts
audio preview challenge and list page: click on the picture of the girl at the top of this page, it's not even 2 min
http://www.youtube.com/video_response_view_all?v=SLpZnT_A2pU

some favorite responses:
choice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZu3E4BUnzM
jimmy the retard productions!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfoSssHbQ-w&watch_response
johnnyfezzer 'robot'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYCRC7WQp1A&watch_response
audio preview of a communitychannel skit 'I hate grocery stores'?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7rSNU5CEk&watch_response
a beat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFE6_AXrJAY&NR=1
badman621 uses audio preview man to rap immortal technique 'creation/destruction'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BalCATnFXnY
an intro to a world of luismoreno.net

scallopino - 7-1-2009 at 08:38

Very funny Punky. I loved the Robot song and the rap. There was a great moment about 0:59 when Audio Preview Man gets his phrasing together for a few seconds. I was surprised to see that Ms Communitychannel is Australian too!

punknaynowned - 7-1-2009 at 10:56

I love it that she just said, hey, there's this new feature, send me a viddie and a hundred people did it. For sure, she gets much unwanted attention. So much that she's said she doesn't want to do it anymore. No joke.
But the following clip she seems to be acknowledging that she knows competition and even, I think that she knows she's doing well as far as 'clout-generated-from-online-viewership-responses'. Wonder if she gets paid and how all that gets worked out. She hasn't revealed anything so one can only assume she isn't really. If the company were to pay her, it seems they would want to make a fanfare of it unless they were worried how the viewership would respond to that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b2tuQ7txGU&feature=channel

punknaynowned - 7-1-2009 at 11:02

there's a new one, posted today, your time.
already there's 57000 views and over 5000 text comments.
for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3GwJXfefck&feature=channel

que?

scallopino - 8-1-2009 at 05:50

I remember watching a video of a guy that did impressions in his videos. In one of them he said that he had just got his first cheque from Google. It seems they pay him for the 'google ads' that come up on the videos. Maybe you have to have a certain number of channel subscribers or something before they contact you...I don't know.

BBP - 8-1-2009 at 11:03

YOu contact them. I've seen Google Ads everywhere. They suck.

scallopino - 9-1-2009 at 06:20

They do suck but they're pretty easy to get rid of. You can just close them if they come up during a video.

BBP - 9-1-2009 at 21:01

Yeah but then I'd have to click with the mouse again! (groan)

scallopino - 10-1-2009 at 01:40

:cool: At least it keeps it free right? (It's hard to think of good things to say about ads...)

punknaynowned - 10-1-2009 at 11:34

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Yeah but then I'd have to click with the mouse again! (groan)

and then the phone rings :P
then the doorbell rings,
Ded calls out from the other room,
"Kenje gett tha?"
[dunno what he'd really say]
BB throws a shoe :bouncy:

BBP - 11-1-2009 at 13:10

What's that from?

punknaynowned - 11-1-2009 at 14:10

From my head. I was just trying to get you to laugh, but if I have to explain, I've failed.

BBP - 11-1-2009 at 17:21

No, you did! Just that I wondered if you heard that somewhere, and if yes I should check that out.

feetlightup - 13-1-2009 at 17:27

Putting your shoes in the dryer sometimes works, but not always.

polydigm - 13-1-2009 at 23:32

Quote:
Originally posted by feetlightup: Putting your shoes in the dryer sometimes works, but not always.

???

BBP - 14-1-2009 at 13:25

I just use my blow-dryer for my shoes and socks. They won't break easily that way.

Huck_Phlem - 15-1-2009 at 08:00

Boy that Isaac guy is real creepy!

BBP - 15-1-2009 at 14:41

That's why we were changing the subject, Huck...

Huck_Phlem - 22-11-2009 at 04:22

I didn't fucking do it! Why don't you believe me! They hacked my account and have been posing as me! I swear! :bouncy:

Calvin - 22-11-2009 at 07:24

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
I just use my blow-dryer for my shoes and socks. They won't break easily that way.

Never use a blow dryer to thaw a frozen pipe. I learned this the hard way.

Huck_Phlem - 24-11-2009 at 19:37

:drums: