PackardGoose.com Forums

Nice...

BBP - 11-3-2006 at 20:28

What's up with James? He deleted all mails of Vivien-O-Blivion, then deleted his account.

What do we do with this fella? I got his e-mailaddress.

Puptent - 11-3-2006 at 20:48

Hmm, I dunno... if that's really true, it's pretty childish of him. Kind of disappointing, actually. Isn't there some kind of backup system to restore the posts?

If he deleted his own account, I guess he also doesn't have any moderating rights anymore. Fine with me, randomly deleting other people's posts is a big no no in an online community, whatever problems the two might have otherwise.

BBP - 11-3-2006 at 20:51

Yep, there is. Not sure if I can operate it though, see if I can get someone to help.

Puptent - 11-3-2006 at 20:54

Might do more bad than good if the backup wasn't made fairly recent...

BBP - 11-3-2006 at 20:56

That's another problem... Just downloaded the file, see how recent it is. Poor Viv will have lost quite a few pics, though.

BBP - 11-3-2006 at 21:29

Actually, it's very recent. It waa made after James's crusade.

Sorry Viv, fear I can't help you...

BBP - 11-3-2006 at 21:36

Just mailed James: he's never made back ups, deleted all the stuff he wrote, and told me to be thankful he didn't delete the entire site.

:mad:

Pappawas1975 - 11-3-2006 at 21:43

Well well well......Crazy eh?...Looks like somebody is throwing thier toys out of the pram.....

BBP - 11-3-2006 at 21:45

Ha! It is rotten, yes. Going to make a lot of back-ups in the future...

Puptent - 11-3-2006 at 21:54

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
deleted all the stuff he wrote


No big loss there. You might wanna change the passwords for the FTP server and stuff, though.

BBP - 11-3-2006 at 22:10

I changed the server password, don't know how he's managed to delete the stuff. I'm definitely going to change the entire lay-out, then I can take his name off the site.

Even planning to give up on it entirely. I can't work it like this.

Puptent - 11-3-2006 at 22:15

He probably still had administrator/moderation rights, guess that allows you to delete posts and user accounts anyway. Don't give up Bonny, this place is a lot of fun, even though we might not have 100rds of visitors. I can help you with PHP coding if you need any.

I see we have a guest tonight. Nice work James, hope you're proud of yourself.

Pappawas1975 - 11-3-2006 at 22:23

Teen Age Wind.....

Pappawas1975 - 11-3-2006 at 22:49

Its orrible being in love when youre eight an' alf..........

Pappawas1975 - 11-3-2006 at 22:50

Little Jimmy Osmond?

Pappawas1975 - 11-3-2006 at 23:14

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy
NO LOLZ0RZ


HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BBP - 12-3-2006 at 00:19

Goj? Can you change that post? Plz?

BBP - 12-3-2006 at 00:20

Banned Jimmy, but I fear he'll be back... so mature...

vivien_o_blivion - 12-3-2006 at 00:21

a big thankyou goes out to "baby" james-all this has come about because i untopped his thread on web-design-not deleted it just untopped it-as a result of that he deleted my moderator account.i did then send a shitty u2u because i was pissed at him-as a result of this he decided to delete every thread iv'e ever started and all my posts and make a back up after he'd deleted it all-nice one kid
so as a result he's fucked the entire site for every one because all that info has now gone
and his thread is still where it was so what was the fucking point of it all???
all you managed to do juames is fuck it up for all and delete someone elses posts a BIG no no

bonny-i told you to change the passwords!!

BBP - 12-3-2006 at 00:24

We do have lots of visitors Pup: 2000 on Friday 2nd March, 1900 on the day after... checked the country list, people coming from everywhere: primarily from the US and Holland, but also Belgium, Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

We just need to plug this more... and cure it... no good maintaining the site the way it is now.