PackardGoose.com Forums

no you can't play!!!!

vivien_o_blivion - 6-4-2006 at 23:43

it's another football reated thread..but it's also a politacal story aswell,it's basically this,a friend of mine from GIBRALTAR sent me this link to sign a petition to allow gibraltar to join u.e.f.a and thus compete in internation football competitions
the story goes that spain is opposed to gib having a national team and has lodged opposition to their inclusion to u.e.f.a going as far as to say they will boycott any competiton that gibraltar compete in!!!--strong arm bully boy tactics indeed i'm sure you'll agree
it's a drconian attitude that in the 21st century they are not allowed to compete on a level playing field
so come on people sign the petition and lets see GIBRALTAR at the 2010 world cup finals---there's lots of other info about the G.F.A on the page if you so wish to read it

http://www.gibraltarfootball.com/petition.html

[Edited on 6-4-06 by vivien_o_blivion]

DED - 7-4-2006 at 07:53

If they fill their team with apes (Just like the Germans do:lol:)
I dont see a problem, especcially not when you take into account that England,Wales,Scotland are also able to join the competition. Lets also split the USA team into 53 teams and in Holland Let Friesland have their own team. A flemish and a wallonian team in Belgium.With the split we had in Yugoslavia and Tsecho-Slovakia one more or less can't be a problem or are we making the same mess as in e.g. the eurovision songcontest. As you understand I think there are more issues to take into account than rather the political point of view. I think there is a real possibility that the competition will be blown.

[Edited on 7-4-2006 by DED]

[Edited on 7-4-2006 by DED]

vivien_o_blivion - 20-5-2006 at 13:54

Quote:
Originally posted by DED
If they fill their team with apes (Just like the Germans do:lol:)
I dont see a problem, especcially not when you take into account that England,Wales,Scotland are also able to join the competition. Lets also split the USA team into 53 teams and in Holland Let Friesland have their own team. A flemish and a wallonian team in Belgium.With the split we had in Yugoslavia and Tsecho-Slovakia one more or less can't be a problem or are we making the same mess as in e.g. the eurovision songcontest. As you understand I think there are more issues to take into account than rather the political point of view. I think there is a real possibility that the competition will be blown.

DED i take your point but the u.s is made up of states as opposed to being seperate countries-belgium is also 1 country---as is gibraltar-so why shouldn't they have a nationall team?
look at the likes of togo and a lot of the african nations small teams, a lot of them are under french rule-so should they not have a team of their own and play for france? of course not-it's a question of national identity-one which is being denied to the good people of gibraltar

any way after that moan i'm dissapointed that no-one has signed the petition:duh:

BBP - 20-5-2006 at 18:00

Oh all right! I signed it for ya...:bald:

vivien_o_blivion - 21-5-2006 at 20:49

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Oh all right! I signed it for ya...:bald:



BBP - 21-5-2006 at 21:16

...I'll admit to feeling like I was doing something I shouldn't have when I was asked Living In / Born in Gibraltar...

vivien_o_blivion - 22-5-2006 at 20:44

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
...I'll admit to feeling like I was doing something I shouldn't have when I was asked Living In / Born in Gibraltar...




hey bonny no problem-it's just for reserch purposes ( i think!!!!-lol)