PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: JOE'S GARAGE
Jakeobs

[*] posted on 15-6-2008 at 16:30
JOE'S GARAGE

The website's called PackardGoose.com and there's NO Joe's Garage thread??? :rolleyes:

Of the 28 FZ albums that I've listened to so far, JG is my favorite. Every song is GREAT obviously and Mr. Ike Willis shines like a star on it from start to finish (I'm an Ike fan for life now because of JG). JG also gets my vote as the funniest FZ album I've listened to so far (the parts where he breaks character as The Central Scrutinizer and starts laughing never fail to make me laugh too). All that and "Watermelon In Easter Hay". What more could you ask for?

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-6-2008 at 02:07

I can't tell ya how central this record is for me and to me! It has a funny way of paralelling my life in little vignettes. Not continous, just now and then, here and there.
. . .
without intending things to turn out that way.
Raking leaves in the rain.
Waiting forever for something else to happen so I can get on with what I'm supposed to do.
"The White Zone is for Loading and Unloading only . . ."
-- How did you know my name?
-- I didn't.
-- But, how did you know my last name to write it down?
-- I didn't, I mean, I saw it.
-- You saw it?
-- Yeah.
-- Where?
-- It's written on your shorts--
-- My shorts?
-- when we were in the pool, you don't remember?
-- OHHHHHHHHHHH! Yeah I do remember,

"We told him to stick closer to Church-Oriented Social Activities."

[to be con't]
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-6-2008 at 04:50

:-D I eagerly wait the next part.

I think Joe's Garage was the first real album I bought (after 'Strictly Commercial'). It's extremely accessible to anyone I reckon. But some of the music is unbelievably complex, especially the bass playing and drumming. I think I got this one first because I was already a big fan of Vinnie.

You know that second verse in 'Keep It Greasy'? First time I heard that my head spun around, and i considered myself pretty good with time signatures and transcribing drum parts. But I had absolutely NO IDEA. Then one day I actually tried to figure out what was going on and I succeeded! It's fast and in 21/16 and i transcribed Vinnie's part and learnt how to play it. Now I play it whenever I want to impress people. In fact, I'm playing it in my head right now! :drums:

Go To Top