Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  24    26
Author: Subject: Plook on Tour
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 22-4-2024 at 16:53

It is 10 years ago today the Terri passed away, I have posted this before but people found something in it that they related too, so here it is again.

Numbers 4/22

We all have Numbers a birth date, a graduation date, a marriage date, the date our child was born, the day someone we loved passed. We carry these Numbers throughout our life, we celebrate them, we dread them, we can have many numbers with many feelings attached good and bad sometimes both.

I have one of those Numbers April 22nd, it is at once one of the best days in my life and the one of the most painful days of my life so let’s do this by the Numbers.

April 22 2014 8 years ago this is a day a bad day the day that I lost my wonderful wife of 31 years another number, she had been diagnosed with breast cancer a couple years before had a partial mass, triple chemo, radiation twice and became cancer free. A couple months after her port was removed, she began having some balance issues and ultimately was diagnosed with 3 large brain tumors, another number.

She had Gamma Knife surgery and they got two completely and 98% of the third more numbers, everything was going well but she had a really bad reaction to a drug she needed to be on for the surgery and blew a hole in her colon. She ended up in the hospital had a colon surgery that failed 10 days later and the did the very massive surgery again.

Well, she never really came back after the second surgery she was in a post medical delirium and after 30 days at the hospital they moved her to a private hospital ICU in Folsom, yes more numbers.

After being there weeks, she came down with pneumonia and deteriorated very fast and since she was on an air tub keeping her breathing the doctors suggested if I wanted I could have it removed, I knew Terri didn’t want this we had discussed it at length. I contacted her family to give them time to get here and we set the date Tuesday April 22 2014 at 11:00 am, so many numbers.

Terri was always in control whether you knew it or not, and so it was on Tuesday April 22nd. It was a beautiful spring day in Folsom California, the type of day Terri loved, cloudy with sun sometimes your warm, sometimes it’s cool.

We had several family and close friend’s bed side telling stories and reminiscing, laughing more and crying some.

At 11:00am our scheduled time for Terri’s departure I asked the staff when we could start and they said the doctors were late we needed to by law and both were stuck at other hospitals.

It was approximately 11:15, when I asked for the room, everyone left and I shut the door and drew the privacy curtain. Outside the clouds were obscuring the sun, so the light in the room with a large window was subtle.

I explained to Terri how much I loved her and how I have been dreaming of her every night and I want her back. I told her she fought so hard and so valiantly, that it was ok and to go to her mother, my dad, her stepmom, all her grandparents, all of her and my relatives, and even our good dog Bella…they were all waiting to guide her across…

The machines tracking her vitals began to drop steadily, the nurse knocked and entered she tried to bring Terri’s heart rate back up, she said uh ho. I called my son in law in the lobby and said get everyone in quick.

All arrived in time to see her pass and as she did the clouds parted and the sun came out, the light shone through the window and illuminated her peaceful face, it was 11:30 am.

The doctors couldn’t figure out how she passed on the machine because she not had another catastrophic failure, she just simply passed and they had never seen it before and actually said it seemed impossible, I told them my wife was always punctual.

We walked outside to see a magnificent sight of the entire area surrounded by clouds and the sun shining down on this little hospital on top of a hill.

As we looked up and imagined my wonderful wife’s spirit rising, a lone prison siren wailed from nearby Folsom Prison for just about a half a minute.

Typical Terri she always made a spectacular entrance and exit effortlessly, never late and always in control, she didn’t wait for the doctors and she didn’t let the machines stop her.

Needless to say that is a rough number for me but I have another Number it is April 22, 1978 one of the best days of my life the day I met my wife 44 years ago.

I was 19 years old and dating a girl, we were going to a hard rock concert at the Whiskey A Go Go in Hollywood on Friday April 21th 1978, that afternoon she called and said she was sick and couldn’t go. After mentally analyzing a very long list of friends I could ask to attend, I choose to call Roger who was a guitarist in a Garage Rock Band. I figured he would value the guitar work of the band playing, not one of my closer friends but a logical choice.

Roger accepted the invitation we drove to Hollywood, rocked out, and drove home. We got off the 605 freeway we were only a couple blocks from my parents’ house about to turn and Roger turned to me and asked, “Would you like to go to my girlfriend’s apartment, she has a roommate?” it was 12:05 am April 22, 1978.

Being a young red blooded American boy, I said “yes”, and we turned right instead of left. That roommate I met was Terri a stunning blond beauty, tall, long legs, great shape, and smart as hell, I was in way over my head but somehow it worked she liked me and we began dating …I have never before or since appreciated which way a car turned more.

Those are my Numbers good and bad.
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 23-4-2024 at 00:40

Quote: Originally posted by Plook  
Poly - Yes I did.
Sounds to me like they're doing it again.

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 23-4-2024 at 16:43

Poly - I trained about 40 people for about 4 months to take the Remote Construction Manger jobs, that was tough but I did a professional job of it and got a couple of accommodations.

Some people called and asked how I can do it, but it kept me in the game, so I kept getting extended.

Now I do Site Acquisition to do site analysis of what is needed for the cell tower jobs, apparently I am a fish in water on this and picked it up pretty quickly, but I am still learning some nuances.

The new twist is now I am reviewing other contractors work, a little different than actually training.

The goal at this point is to keep plowing along and keep my job as long as possible.

I have found the people I am interacting with know I have skills and I am able to adjust to different work, that has always been my strong point even though I'm a dumbass...:lol:
Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 23-4-2024 at 22:11

Hope you just have good numbers from now on Plook

South of the Border
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 24-4-2024 at 13:22

Plook, stop with the dumbass thing already, nobody’s buying it. Although, type correct kept trying to change plook to plonk. Maybe it knows something I don’t?

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 24-4-2024 at 17:40

Poly I have been Plonked on the head a few times...:lol:
Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 24-4-2024 at 19:34

I'd rather be Plooked :D

South of the Border
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 26-4-2024 at 00:20