| Pages:
1
2
3
..
8 |
BBP
Super Administrator        
Posts: 8470
Registered: 3-10-2005 Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Member Is Offline
Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed
|
|
Uh oh...
Anyone else having trouble opening the Zappa.com forum? When I try to load the page, the server says it can't be found. This is worrying...
|
|
|
aquagoat
King Kong Status         
Posts: 2170
Registered: 15-3-2006 Location: France
Member Is Offline
|
|
Doesn't work for me, it didn't work this morning either.
|
|
|
Puptent
Apostrophe Status    
Posts: 237
Registered: 3-11-2005 Location: Lowlands of Holland
Member Is Offline
Mood: 't is the season to be jelly
|
|
Here neither. Two days ago, an administrator (gee, didn't even know they still had one) posted on the boards that they were going to upgrade the
entire site soon and migrate to new message board software. That might be the reason, or it's just some technical error, I guess
Hey kids! Do you hear that sound? . . . Freaks will be coming from miles around!
|
|
|
BBP
Super Administrator        
Posts: 8470
Registered: 3-10-2005 Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Member Is Offline
Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed
|
|
Whoa, I missed that... That could be the reason. When the forum crashed last summer I got loads of codes rather than a page not found message.
|
|
|
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status        
Posts: 1321
Registered: 19-11-2005 Location: Melbourne, Austria
Member Is Offline
Mood: No Mood
|
|
Same for me yesterday, but normal today.
|
|
|
aquagoat
King Kong Status         
Posts: 2170
Registered: 15-3-2006 Location: France
Member Is Offline
|
|
Yes it works well now.
|
|
|
BBP
Super Administrator        
Posts: 8470
Registered: 3-10-2005 Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Member Is Offline
Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed
|
|
Wanted to log in just then... got a "we're doing forum maintenance" page.
|
|
|
yoko
200 Motels Status   
Posts: 64
Registered: 7-10-2005
Member Is Offline
Mood: No Mood
|
|
| Quote: | Originally posted by BBP
Wanted to log in just then... got a "we're doing forum maintenance" page. |
yeah, seems they're cleaning the sphincter of the sphinx
|
|
|
aquagoat
King Kong Status         
Posts: 2170
Registered: 15-3-2006 Location: France
Member Is Offline
|
|
| Quote: | Originally posted by BBP
Wanted to log in just then... got a "we're doing forum maintenance" page. |
So did I.
|
|
|
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status        
Posts: 1321
Registered: 19-11-2005 Location: Melbourne, Austria
Member Is Offline
Mood: No Mood
|
|
I got in just fine.
April fools.
|
|
|
BBP
Super Administrator        
Posts: 8470
Registered: 3-10-2005 Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Member Is Offline
Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed
|
|
:pissed:
Damn! Should have guessed!.
PS Scallopino: your shoe-lace is untied.
|
|
|
aquagoat
King Kong Status         
Posts: 2170
Registered: 15-3-2006 Location: France
Member Is Offline
|
|
Still doesn't work.
|
|
|
polydigm
King Kong Status         
Posts: 2271
Registered: 1-4-2006 Location: Horse Tray Ya
Member Is Offline
Mood: Inspired
|
|
I noticed the zappa forum was in maintenance mode Saturday morning in OZ time. It's now Sunday morning and it's still unavailable. I came
here thinking I would find lots of zappa forum addicts compensating, but I was wrong.
|
|
|
cleon
Freak Out! Status 
Posts: 19
Registered: 1-4-2006 Location: u.k
Member Is Offline
Mood: zapped out
|
|
no poly mate i say you got it right.they welcomed me :guitar:now part of the goose.
|
|
|
Batchain
Apostrophe Status    
Posts: 128
Registered: 2-4-2006 Location: Boston,MA (Over your head and under your legs!)
Member Is Offline
Mood: Better than absolutely shitty.
|
|
Yes, troubles here. My original password was deleted and the one supplied by "Packardgoos" sent to me in email worked only once. To add
further mystery, when the new password failed I tried the old one and it worked.
Very strange!
 Photographic ArtWerk courtesy of Debutante Daisy sometimes known as Guacamole Queen.
|
|
|
DED
Super Administrator        
Posts: 1143
Registered: 16-3-2006 Location: NL
Member Is Offline
Mood: Feeling confused
|
|
| Quote: | Originally posted by Batchain
Yes, troubles here. My original password was deleted and the one supplied by "Packardgoos" sent to me in email worked only once. To add
further mystery, when the new password failed I tried the old one and it worked.
Very strange! |
Life is strange sometimes 
I think the cause lies in the upgrading of the forum and the back up on data we had to install. Anyhow welcome here.
|
|
|
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status        
Posts: 1321
Registered: 19-11-2005 Location: Melbourne, Austria
Member Is Offline
Mood: No Mood
|
|
| Quote: | Originally posted by Batchain
Yes, troubles here. My original password was deleted and the one supplied by "Packardgoos" sent to me in email worked only once. To add
further mystery, when the new password failed I tried the old one and it worked.
Very strange! |
So all it takes to recruit some new members for the 'goose is some Zappa forum downtime. . . This gives me some ideas. :P
Anyway:
Welcome Batchain!
|
|
|
aquagoat
King Kong Status         
Posts: 2170
Registered: 15-3-2006 Location: France
Member Is Offline
|
|
Welcome Bat.
|
|
|
polydigm
King Kong Status         
Posts: 2271
Registered: 1-4-2006 Location: Horse Tray Ya
Member Is Offline
Mood: Inspired
|
|
| Quote: | | Originally posted by scallopino: So all it takes to recruit some new members for the 'goose is some Zappa forum downtime
|
As I've already said, I've been reading about the progress of this forum for some time now and I'd already considered visiting. This
weekend's down time was just a catalyst.
|
|
|
Batchain
Apostrophe Status    
Posts: 128
Registered: 2-4-2006 Location: Boston,MA (Over your head and under your legs!)
Member Is Offline
Mood: Better than absolutely shitty.
|
|
Deepening Mystery
| Quote: | Originally posted by scallopino
| Quote: | Originally posted by Batchain
Yes, troubles here. My original password was deleted and the one supplied by "Packardgoos" sent to me in email worked only once. To add
further mystery, when the new password failed I tried the old one and it worked.
Very strange! |
So all it takes to recruit some new members for the 'goose is some Zappa forum downtime. . . This gives me some ideas. :P
Anyway:
Welcome Batchain! |
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, this gets even stranger: I can never tell when the Packardgoose site is just going
to let me right in and when it's going to require a "password" which means it probably won't take *anything* I give it - but not
always!
Hrmm...I've been set to wondering, "Oh, I *do* wonder what ideas scallopino has cookin' in his head?":rsvd:
 Photographic ArtWerk courtesy of Debutante Daisy sometimes known as Guacamole Queen.
|
|
|
| Pages:
1
2
3
..
8 |