Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: No seriously, I'm smart
James
Unregistered

[*] posted on 18-11-2005 at 23:44
No seriously, I'm smart

I threw our shitty wireless mouse against the wall today, and now the sensors are knackered! So now I'm mouseless until my new optical one gets here on Monday! For fucks sake, do you know how irritating it is to use Alt+whatever all the time? Oh lordy.

mutronboy
200 Motels Status

Mood: sensually aromatic

[*] posted on 19-11-2005 at 07:32

Should always keep an old wired mouse or two around just in case...heh

Sometimes my batteries go in the middle of the night...

They seem to chew thru batteries pretty quickly
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-11-2005 at 15:59

Note to James: Don't do that anymore.

PS. Use a real mouse. It won't work but it will give some entertainment for a couple of hours while you:
1. Decide whether or not you're going to do it or not.
2. Find a mouse.
3. Catch it.
4. Etc..

James
Unregistered

[*] posted on 19-11-2005 at 16:03

Hah ok! Well, I'm now using our old wheel mouse but it has no ball/twisty bottom thing so they're off the old, smaller mouse. This means it can be a slow task using it...

BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 28-12-2005 at 13:15

Last night I discovered how "smart" I am myself...

Usually I draw at night. I like drawing at night, because there's no-one around to disturb you and all that. Last night, I calligraphed a verse to put up in my bed-room. Afterwards I started making a nice picture for which I needed thin lining, so I dug up my drawing pen and Indian ink.

At the half-way point, I decided to move my ink-jar to a more convenient location on my desk. What exactly happened, I don't know, but somehow the ink from the jar ended all over my sketch-book, the drawing I was making, my desk and my jeans.

An hour of scrubbing later, at 4 AM, my wooden desk still has a large black stain, my trousers hadn't got clean, my sketch-book turned unusable, my drawing got messed up, along with my calligraphic verse because I'd put my drawing on it.

Grumble... :-(

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 2-4-2008 at 12:51

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP: Last night I discovered how "smart" I am myself...

Usually I draw at night. I like drawing at night, because there's no-one around to disturb you and all that. Last night, I calligraphed a verse to put up in my bed-room. Afterwards I started making a nice picture for which I needed thin lining, so I dug up my drawing pen and Indian ink.

At the half-way point, I decided to move my ink-jar to a more convenient location on my desk. What exactly happened, I don't know, but somehow the ink from the jar ended all over my sketch-book, the drawing I was making, my desk and my jeans.

An hour of scrubbing later, at 4 AM, my wooden desk still has a large black stain, my trousers hadn't got clean, my sketch-book turned unusable, my drawing got messed up, along with my calligraphic verse because I'd put my drawing on it.

Grumble... :-(

I know this is from way back, but I discovered it while trying to find an appropriate place to post another message, for which I ended up creating a new thread. I just had to comment on this message of yours. Crap like that happens to me too. You know afterwards that it really was just your own stupidity, but it generally happens when you're a bit tired and you let your guard down and all it does is make a developing bad mood much worse. :duh:

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 2-4-2008 at 15:46

Today I poured candle wax all over the table cloth after tilting a lit candle to light a non-lit one, instead of the other way around.

On Monday I left my wallet at a McDonald's about 40km away and only realised the next morning. I got it back. This is probably the fifth time i've done this in the past year.

BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 2-4-2008 at 16:01

Scallop:
Last Thursday I went to the college library to copy something. I then left my paying card there. And I found out on Saturday, on Monday I phoned the people there to ask if they found it, and Tuesday I went all the way to Utrecht (2 hour trip) to pick it up.

Went to Utrecht again today to have a talk with a teacher and to visit a friend. I was totally convinced it was April 3rd, so when I rang at the friend's place at noon, he was in the state of undress saying: "I thought we'd agreed on tomorrow..." And so we had. I just thought it was Thursday.

Also today I rubbed my watch too roughly on something, so the bracelet came off. I found all parts, then I struggled to fix Humpty. I managed (whilst standing in the train, too), but several hours later I discovered I put it back on the wrong way, so it's hard to take on and off.
I then discovered it was still on winter-time.
Whilst visiting the friend I took off my watch, it started to irritate, so I took it off. Then I put it on, but upside down (because it is misassembled). When I noticed I took it off again, and then I put it on the WRONG way again.
Teh. One of those days...

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 2-4-2008 at 21:04

Bloody hell, I'm surrounded by stupid people. :shocked::roll::-D:kiss:

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 03:26

now you are polydigm!
I put too much orange juice in the cranberry relish today. Normally I weigh out the cranberries, pour them in the pot and then top it with fruit, apples and today, pears. Then I pour orange juice in it til I get the right level of liquid, just below the bigger fruit and then bring it to a boil.
Today, I put the fruit in first, then measured and put in the cranberries and then, woops, wayyy too much Orange Juice, because I was lookin for something different than I was lookin at.

So the relish was way too goopy after it cooked a while, I turned the fire down, I turned it back up and still it was too soupy. I went away and when I came back, the bottom had scorched. I burnt the cranberry relish. Embarassing. Took it off the stove, poured it through a colander and dumped it on a flat sheet pan to cool and stuck it in the fridge.
Then, at the end of the day, I left without having finished it: simply taking that cooked mixture and blending it in an electric mixer with onions and raisins and blend t smooth. I forgot!

[Edited on 3-4-08 by punknaynowned]
Badchild
Apostrophe Status

Mood: 45 years and bearded

[*] posted on 3-4-2008 at 08:55

Quote:
Originally posted by polydigm
Bloody hell, I'm surrounded by stupid people. :shocked::roll::-D:kiss:

Sounds like my office.....

My father always said..."You can't soar like an Eagle, when you deal with Turkeys"...

Go To Top