Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  15
Author: Subject: Your Favourite Movies
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-11-2006 at 09:08

At least it keeps the lower quality actors from being seen too much.

[Edited on 20-11-2006 by scallopino]

DED
Administrator

Mood: a happy upgrader feeling

[*] posted on 20-11-2006 at 16:26

Could be true, It was an example of positive thinking, but they are part of that selection of bad acting actors.
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 21-11-2006 at 14:55

:bald: oh well. Maybe the good actors are spending their time doing more worthwile things.

i'm running out of ideas here..

DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 21-11-2006 at 20:12

Quote:
Originally posted by scallopino
:bald: oh well. Maybe the good actors are spending their time doing more worthwile things.

i'm running out of ideas here..

Wel that is not so dramatically. Looks what happens if you appear to be a good actor. Every producer/director wants good actors.
So prices will go up. So you take 0ne good actor that gives you an advantage in advertising your movie. Than budget runs low and you need more cheap (bad) actors. Low budget movie makers cant afford good actors and use the (bad) actors from the before mentioned movie, at least they are experienced. and so on and on. Nothing bad actually, it only make you not a fan of movies in your own language. In a strange or less familiar movie you don't notice everything.
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 22-11-2006 at 12:11

And when you're a good actor you can ruin your career by acting in some crap movie (or joining Scientology) quite easily... and then try getting back on the rails.

Anyway we've recently bought Beauty And The Beast... why did it get an Oscar for the title song? :yawn:

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 24-11-2006 at 16:36

I just spent a few months rehearsing and performing with a theatre company who did Beauty and the Beast. I think they were the first people to do it in Australia or something.

Anyway, the Beast looked like Chewbacca.

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 24-11-2006 at 16:45

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
And when you're a good actor you can ruin your career by acting in some crap movie (or joining Scientology) quite easily... and then try getting back on the rails.

Anyway we've recently bought Beauty And The Beast... why did it get an Oscar for the title song? :yawn:

WHAT'S WRONG WITH SCIENTOLOGY!

;-)

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 24-11-2006 at 23:22

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BBP

;-)

Ha!
Just today we were in a second-hand store and we found a scientology cassette with all music and lyrics by L. Ron Hubbard. I briefly considered buying it, but I found it too scary.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 24-11-2006 at 23:33

Quote:
I just spent a few months rehearsing and performing with a theatre company who did Beauty and the Beast. I think they were the first people to do it in Australia or something.

Neato! Who were you? Chip?

Today I went to the cinema for the first time in almost 2 years, to Crusade in Jeans, after one of my favourite children's books. Nice, but the book is better. (Well, it's not really possible getting much better than that book...) Convincing acting, lovable characters and surprisingly cost-efficient. Unfortunately the script had some problems, since the author of the book, Thea Beckman, had some moral authority over the script. The first version was binned (the main charcter had turned from a history-loving Dutch boy into an American drug addict) by her. Unfortunately she never saw the definite version because she passed away, and I'm pretty sure she'd have picked out some poor dialogue and plot holes. Plus I don't like the character change: the intelligent, friendly history fanatic from the book has become a selfish soccer player.

If it's in cinema near you, look for it. Though it may not be called Crusade in Jeans, because Americans seem to reject the term crusade. Really! It's too loaded!
I can't stop thinking of replacement titles for Indiana Jones - The Last Crusade.

DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 25-11-2006 at 13:41

Crusade in jeans is more likely than
Kruistocht in spijkerbroek

But that is far better than

Kruisvocht in spijkerbroek
Not only because of the smell. :grin:

Sorry you cannot translate the joke without destroying it
Wet crotch in jeans or something like that
You see not funny
but at least your crusade rhymes with lemonade
Bringing it almost to cockney
Lemonade in Jeans

[Edited on 25-11-2006 by DED]
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 25-11-2006 at 14:49

:rolleyes:
Say Dad? Ever considered writing for Arie and Sylvester? Will and Grace? Or you could make the Terrance and Philip jokes in South Park.

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 25-11-2006 at 15:43

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Quote:

Neato! Who were you Chip?

Today I went to the cinema for the first time in almost 2 years, to Crusade in Jeans, after one of my favourite children's books. Nice, but the book is better. (Well, it's not really possible getting much better than that book...) Convincing acting, lovable characters and surprisingly cost-efficient. Unfortunately the script had some problems, since the author of the book, Thea Beckman, had some moral authority over the script. The first version was binned (the main charcter had turned from a history-loving Dutch boy into an American drug addict) by her. Unfortunately she never saw the definite version because she passed away, and I'm pretty sure she'd have picked out some poor dialogue and plot holes. Plus I don't like the character change: the intelligent, friendly history fanatic from the book has become a selfish soccer player.

If it's in cinema near you, look for it. Though it may not be called Crusade in Jeans, because Americans seem to reject the term crusade. Really! It's too loaded!
I can't stop thinking of replacement titles for Indiana Jones - The Last Crusade.

No, sorry. Nothing so exciting. But i did learn some of Chip's lines by the end..."Mama mama! You'll never guess what i saw! Never, not in thousand million years: a girl! In the castle!" Theatre people are weird if you ask me. All that prancing and dancing. It's much better down in the orchestra pit where you can't see the show.

I played drums, and also some percussion (on a roland octopad set up). I had to change patches about 3 times every song for timpani and glock parts. A little bit of a challenge at first but it was kind of fun. :drums:

I have had a look at a list of all the movies released in Australia up to April 5 next year and unfortunately Crusade in Jeans isn't among them, but that title seems to be the international english title.

I will read the book though and then report back.

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 25-11-2006 at 15:49

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BBP

;-)

Ha!
Just today we were in a second-hand store and we found a scientology cassette with all music and lyrics by L. Ron Hubbard. I briefly considered buying it, but I found it too scary.

maybe it'll say: "don't you be terrified, it's just a token of my extreme..." but possibly in the style of a William Shatner spoken word album.

[Edited on 25-11-2006 by scallopino]

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 25-11-2006 at 15:50

Quote:
Originally posted by DED
Crusade in jeans is more likely than
Kruistocht in spijkerbroek

But that is far better than

Kruisvocht in spijkerbroek
Not only because of the smell. :grin:

Sorry you cannot translate the joke without destroying it
Wet crotch in jeans or something like that
You see not funny
but at least your crusade rhymes with lemonade
Bringing it almost to cockney
Lemonade in Jeans

[Edited on 25-11-2006 by DED]

Wow. And you only changed one letter. what a great language you guys have over there.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 27-11-2006 at 17:25

Quote:

Wow. And you only changed one letter. what a great language you guys have over there.

Great huh! I can't get tired of ridiculous Dutch proverbs myself, like "it's as slippery as an eel in a bucket of snot".:offtopic:

DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 27-11-2006 at 18:36

It shines .. like a varnished booby in the moonlight

If something is not really matching we say
It is like a flag on a mudbarge or more populair but not official as a flag on a shitship.

I'm peticulair fond on switching letters in words in order to change the meaning. If you dial for instance a wrong telephone number it is usually to say I've dialed the wrong number. In Dutch you have a "verkeerd nummer gedraaid" When you change that into "verkeerde drummer genaaid" nobody will hear it when you say it fast and serious. However you just said that you have f.ck.d the wrong drummer.
Extremely funny it is, but BBP and ZAZ claims, that is daddyhumor. Baby pee doesn't laugh at such humor.
Another one of my favourites is not to say "calculate that" but i say "smell my ar.e" or in Dutch "ruikanmereet" instead of "rekenmaaruit". There is a disadvantage though. It is off course a limited game and when I use the jokes on my job, I have to switch every now and then from employer in order to stay funny. :crying:

:offtopic:

[Edited on 27-11-2006 by DED]

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 28-11-2006 at 01:28

I too am very fond of puns. My online name is a string of them as far as I'm concerned. But as usual, most people don't get them. meh. I work in a kitchen in a college town. food and it's preparation provides plenty of lowbrow punny humor. I guess I get it out at work and don't bring it online.:bouncing:
I agree with Laurie Anderson and think that Language is a virus -- and it's contagious:singer::P
of course, I think I am the funniest person I know. Others think I CAN be funny but that's where they seem to draw the line.
Sounds like I should learn dutch.
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 28-11-2006 at 02:28

Quote:
Originally posted by DED
It shines .. like a varnished booby in the moonlight

If something is not really matching we say
It is like a flag on a mudbarge or more populair but not official as a flag on a shitship.

I'm peticulair fond on switching letters in words in order to change the meaning. If you dial for instance a wrong telephone number it is usually to say I've dialed the wrong number. In Dutch you have a "verkeerd nummer gedraaid" When you change that into "verkeerde drummer genaaid" nobody will hear it when you say it fast and serious. However you just said that you have f.ck.d the wrong drummer.
Extremely funny it is, but BBP and ZAZ claims, that is daddyhumor. Baby pee doesn't laugh at such humor.
Another one of my favourites is not to say "calculate that" but i say "smell my ar.e" or in Dutch "ruikanmereet" instead of "rekenmaaruit". There is a disadvantage though. It is off course a limited game and when I use the jokes on my job, I have to switch every now and then from employer in order to stay funny. :crying:

:offtopic:

:lol: HAHAHHA!

It's just great that you can say in one word what would be a whole sentence in english.

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 28-11-2006 at 09:26

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Quote:

Great huh! I can't get tired of ridiculous Dutch proverbs myself, like "it's as slippery as an eel in a bucket of snot".:offtopic:

I like that one, it made me laugh so much.:D
aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 28-11-2006 at 09:28

Quote:
Originally posted by DED

made me laugh too.:D
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  15

Go To Top