Pages:  1  ..  5    7  8
Author: Subject: Uh oh...
Spacebrother
Freak Out! Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-3-2008 at 22:02

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
You've "apologized" for other people's behaviour, which is offensive (unless you're apologizing for something your kids do, but that's a matter of responsibility). You've gotten things way out of hand. You can stop it by stopping yourself. Let them talk, don't get angry in return, you're only feeding it.
By doing this, you also make new things to apologize for.

I've told you that a lot of times before, and I'm now very tired of repeating this over and over. That's why I'm off the Zappa forum, at least until things clear up. I got college to attend to, not a bunch of squibbling boys.

I agree and value you're contribution's to the Z forum BBP.

BBP
Super Administrator

Member Is Online

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 5-3-2008 at 22:46

Thanks... I haven't been all the BB myself lately... can use your support. :bald:

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 5-3-2008 at 22:53

thanks Bonny
(:
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 00:16

I came here to get away from Isaac - oh well. Isaac keeps claiming that he has significant support on zappa.com, but even though not everyone thinks he should be banned, what he will not be able to do is find a single member on zappa.com who thinks he hasn't brought this on himself. No one there thinks his behaviour in the last 12 days is acceptable and no one has said they think it's acceptable. He's in total denial. He has made over a thousand posts in the space of about 12 days. No matter what the reasons for any of those posts individually, it's inappropriate behaviour for a forum. He has selfishly stamped his presence all over the place. None of this is slander, it's the plain facts and he has dug such a deep hole for himself he doesn't seem to know how to climb out.

No one is going to really forgive him unless he apologises without reference to anyone else and stops crowding the forum with too large a volume of posts. It's that simple.

BBP
Super Administrator

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 10:29

Yeah... At times like this, it's good to take a breather.

Isaac
Banned

Mood: Cool and calm

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 11:05

Quote:
Originally posted by polydigm
He has made over a thousand posts in the space of about 12 days. No matter what the reasons for any of those posts individually, it's inappropriate behaviour for a forum.

I apologized for the bumps.

The rest of the posts were valid contributions to the threads they were posted in.

I don't understand why I am being treated as the sole reason of the problem, as if the trolling and attacks didn't exist. There's no justification for starting 14-16 threads devoted to getting me banned. And saying that me posting at all is inappropriate behavior for a forum is totally ridiculous.

I'm not the entirety of the problem, as some posters have implied. As long as I don't reply to the trolling, I'm not a part of the problem. I apologized for my actions, and there is no reason for anyone to be angry at me.

[Edited on 6-3-2008 by Isaac]
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 13:40

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac
I apologized for the bumps. The rest of the posts were valid contributions to the threads they were posted in. ... And saying that me posting at all is inappropriate behavior for a forum is totally ridiculous. ... and there is no reason for anyone to be angry at me.

I'm not angry with you I'm sick of you. Valid contributions or not your foot prints are all over the zappa forum at the moment. Have you never heard the old saying about familiarity breeding contempt? You've been posting around 80 posts per day every day for the last week which is overdoing it at the best of times, because it imprints yourself all over the forum but to do it after pissing everyone off last weekend rather than lying low to let it blow over is just insensitive. I'm sorry if you don't understand why that is, but it's just basic social skills.

BBP
Super Administrator

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-3-2008 at 18:26

Guys, guys! Leave your squibbling alone! I have a gut feeling that neither party is going to bend. It's all a yes-no battle, in which more and more people feel forced to take sides. Let it end, and the best way to do that is to stop posting. I haven't seen anyone taking any steps in this direction, except for some people that are wise enough to continue ignoring it all.

Tips to make something your "final say" (this is for Isaac as I noticed his attempts at final posts were failing):

-MAKE IT YOUR FINAL SAY. Don't post anything afterwards. There are too many threads to monitor, who cares if you stop looking at one? Nobody. For all they know, you're the pope.
-Don't direct a message to anyone in particular, it will cause that person to react, and means you'll have to react again.
-Do not offend, say anything that causes offence, blame anybody for something. Be neutral.
-Remember it's YOU that posts, it's YOU that makes another topic if you want one. Nobody drives you to it. No need to get the last word. It's the Internet, not a way of life. If you don't like the community, go elsewhere.

And remember:
If you want fun, if you want somebody to play jokes with you, if you want to out yourself: get on the Internet. If you want love, understanding and kindness, go out and meet people.

[Edited on 6-3-08 by BBP]

Batchain
Apostrophe Status

Mood: Better than absolutely shitty.

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 01:46

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Guys, guys! Leave your squibbling alone! I have a gut feeling that neither party is going to bend. It's all a yes-no battle, in which more and more people feel forced to take sides. Let it end, and the best way to do that is to stop posting. I haven't seen anyone taking any steps in this direction, except for some people that are wise enough to continue ignoring it all.

Tips to make something your "final say" (this is for Isaac as I noticed his attempts at final posts were failing):

-MAKE IT YOUR FINAL SAY. Don't post anything afterwards. There are too many threads to monitor, who cares if you stop looking at one? Nobody. For all they know, you're the pope.
-Don't direct a message to anyone in particular, it will cause that person to react, and means you'll have to react again.
-Do not offend, say anything that causes offence, blame anybody for something. Be neutral.
-Remember it's YOU that posts, it's YOU that makes another topic if you want one. Nobody drives you to it. No need to get the last word. It's the Internet, not a way of life. If you don't like the community, go elsewhere.

And remember:
If you want fun, if you want somebody to play jokes with you, if you want to out yourself: get on the Internet. If you want love, understanding and kindness, go out and meet people.

[Edited on 6-3-08 by BBP]
My final response to this seemingly endless shit is: Isaac, quit pissing all over the fucking Zappa Forum! it's disgusting and you're not saying anything except how shitty people are treating you. Lay off! I haven't been there much since you've made it your own private shit box with nobody to clean it out. There have to be other places on the 'Net if you just want to dump on everyone.

--Bat :regan:

[Edited on 7-3-08 by Batchain]

Photographic ArtWerk courtesy of Debutante Daisy sometimes known as Guacamole Queen.
BBP
Super Administrator

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-3-2008 at 12:22

Ehm... Bat? Did you read it? Don't pick on people if you want to make it your final say. I don't want to use my Admin powers... yet... :devil:

Batchain
Apostrophe Status

[*] posted on 11-3-2008 at 12:38

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Ehm... Bat? Did you read it? Don't pick on people if you want to make it your final say. I don't want to use my Admin powers... yet... :devil:
I apologize for taking an extra shot at Isaac rather than ignoring all that whatever it was and adding unnecessary heat to the "whatever it was".

--Bat

Photographic ArtWerk courtesy of Debutante Daisy sometimes known as Guacamole Queen.
BBP
Super Administrator

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 11-3-2008 at 22:18

So how's life at the ol' Z forum then? I even went back to the PrawnSong (PRIMUS!!!) forum, and was surprised to see it hasn't self-exploded after the banning rampage last year.
:( But they deleted the most terrific monument to stupidity... the 1,000,000 Bottles Of Beer On The Wall thread with over 3000 replies...

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 11-3-2008 at 23:36

it's boring
for the most part
it'll be interesting when a new release gets announced
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 12-3-2008 at 03:33

Sorry, but the Z forum has gone ridiculous again. Isaac and Zombie are going head to head. Mr Green Genes renamed the "Zappa Forum, Alive and with lots of new member too..." thread "The Isaac and zombie1210 love nest thread" as they've filled a couple of pages there.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 12-3-2008 at 05:24

yeah yer right Poly. It had been quiet for a few days and then just tonight it exploded again. If you go to the Chatroom thread in Announcements, the same deal. I gotta admit it's mostly zombie.
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 12-3-2008 at 07:24

I posted a comment to tell Zombie to give it a rest but they were posting at each other at such a rate that it just got buried.

Batchain
Apostrophe Status

[*] posted on 12-3-2008 at 08:21

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
So how's life at the ol' Z forum then? I even went back to the PrawnSong (PRIMUS!!!) forum, and was surprised to see it hasn't self-exploded after the banning rampage last year.
:( But they deleted the most terrific monument to stupidity... the 1,000,000 Bottles Of Beer On The Wall thread with over 3000 replies...
Whew! I've really been away from the FZ forum longer than I thought!

Batchain
Apostrophe Status

[*] posted on 12-3-2008 at 08:30

Quote:
Originally posted by polydigm
I posted a comment to tell Zombie to give it a rest but they were posting at each other at such a rate that it just got buried.
If this shit continues it only means the death of the FZ forum. Who's going to want to wade through that rotten shit? Fuck the whole thing!

--Bat

BBP
Super Administrator

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-3-2008 at 09:44

Don't worry Bat. The forum survived the Isaac VS JP deal. And gave us the wonderful thread "Lyrics that describe JPFunk". It'll get through this.
We'll ignore all the shit and start some fun threads.

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 12-3-2008 at 11:44

I haven't been on there for two years at least, since it was "upgraded" and lost all its personality, as well as my account. And then i made a new account but forgot both my username and password.

Doesn't the administration interfere with all the crap that's going on? Aren't there moderators or something...can't threads be closed or other measures be taken? Sure, to be true to its namesake the forum must be liberal and free of censorship but surely there's a limit if the whole forum is at risk...?

Pages:  1  ..  5    7  8

Go To Top