Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: phat MOFO arrivals
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-12-2006 at 05:37
phat MOFO arrivals

Would like to find out how you folks across the water receive it as well.
I'm taking a poll;)
The brown packaging with the plastic liner and a sheet for misplacement of broken receipt wishers, was
In my mailbox it was when I got home from work tho probably delivered before 8 GMT here, 2 in the afternoon. I hear (hence this topic) they got it in Chicago and Costa Mesa, CA as well today. But it's a big wad to be stuffin in a stocking, fer sure. Yet, with 64 new tracks to add to the collection (both release 77 and 78 included in this count) that alone runs to 1.671875 US Dollars per new track (the big one cost me $74 with shipping, and the lil one $33, sorry), and that doesn't count the two new cd versions of the original stereo version on cd that you can put on your ipod and give to yer friends. Yes, that's right $1.67 per new song with two copies of the original 1966 mix for free. That's pretty economical in today's market. Imaginary Diseases?
Comparing that price with Imaginary Diseases, I spent $18 on that with seven songs, which makes for $2.57143 per new song.

The music especially on discs 2,3 is bravissimo in so many ways.
If they're not radically different versions of songs then they are the mono ones recorded separately by Zappa in the studio -- and what marvelous fidelity is the recording and how masterfully central was the placement of the mike for these mono reference recordings :biggrin:

the run of songs on disc 3 is superb as far as editing and choice of material. Percussion Object 1 and 2 truly exceeds all possible expectations. It's really great.
The true story of Suzy Creamcheese comes out right before over 16 minutes of vintage mothers live at the fillmore 1966.
and of course the three discs in the big MOFO set run to just over 3 hours, the third disc of which has about 20 minutes of Frank talking as wellas truly great mixes from 1970 which show off more aspects . . . layers and layers and layers.
There's so many surprises . . .
I thought it could be great bu this IS really great:shocked:
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 20-12-2006 at 06:29

and oh yeah, it arrived here in four business days. Another unexpected bonus as it was advertised to get here in 5-7 business days!!!!:-D
aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 20-12-2006 at 12:31

cool,that sounds good. I've got to save a bit of money to buy this and Imaginary diseases. and maybe trance fusion.
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 20-12-2006 at 13:42

It sure sounds like it's to drool over... Did you have any problems getting the CDs out of their package?

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 20-12-2006 at 23:26

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
It sure sounds like it's to drool over... Did you have any problems getting the CDs out of their package?

no, not really. the third was a little tough, but I can't imagine breaking it:freak:
just be careful with it, tho the back of all the 'trays' are bendy which helps some. I'm not gonnna touch the damn disc face with my finger!! Joe's nuts! Just bend the back of the tray some and rotate the disc between yer fingers
I listened to all of it last night and I'm not listening to anything today after entertaining a couple guests.
It' late in the afternoon here and I'm gonna take a nap.

this has been a Stream-Of-Consciousness Broadcast across Atlantean Underwater Cable Encoded Bandwidth . . .
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 21-12-2006 at 11:19

Good night!

(Glad to hear you're not having problems... btw I'm thoroughly enjoying the discussion on the Z forum...)

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 26-12-2006 at 03:02

I'm already going thru withdrawals as I've been at relatives and travelling for days and all they want to listen to is xmas music:pissed:!!!!!!!!!
tomorrow is another all day of travel and can only listen to their mannheim steamroller and Anne Murray crap:(
But I should be back home tomorrow eve and so it'll be back to the comfortable haunts of home.:biggrin:
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 26-12-2006 at 13:33

Ahhh... I know how you feel...
We were over at friends yesterday with two young kids, so we only got to listen to kiddie stuff (and lots of yelling) for hours.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 27-12-2006 at 09:08

y'know it turned out not so bad after all.
2 things I'd recommmend to anyone:
Atlantic Rhythm and Blues1947-1974, disc 4 (of 9), 1957-1960, incl Ray Charles, The Coasters, The Drifters, Ben E King, Lavern Baker, Solomon Burke
and
The Turtle Island Quartet with the Ying Quartet, four +4
if you like strings :)

Go To Top