Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Author: Subject: Interviews/radio shows
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 23-2-2007 at 13:15

What are you doing with the transcripts? My lecture transcript is still "on the shelf", on the Internet but with no other links than the ones I posted on the forums.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-2-2007 at 23:58

I have them in text files and put them up so others could see. I don't know what an empty menu is but I'll happily put this there
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 9-3-2007 at 10:43

OK, I got more!
where do you want me to put it?
:-*
DED
Administrator

Mood: a happy upgrader feeling

[*] posted on 9-3-2007 at 23:37

as explained by BBP it was a suggestion from me to put them onthe front of the site where we have a index wich mostly ends dead after some klicking.
You can put the files on the forum as before, beut if you give permission we can (off course with source) on that place of the site.
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 9-8-2010 at 04:00

1966 12 22 w Don Paulsen
7 of 10

DP:Hmm –
FZ:There is definitely a revolutionary tendency ... I mean among the people who are alive and well and thinking in the United States today of all ages. They're getting to the point where they're fed up enough with the things are and the way things have been and also can see just a glimmer of hope that they could change it – Now, it's possible at this point in history to change things.
DP:That's true. Do you think that the west coast riots for example are an example of teens just starting to realise that uhhh
FZ:Absolutely.
DP:Somebody is trying to, the real estate people are just trying to put them down and they're rebelling against it?
FZ:Absolutely. But the thing is, the type of leadership that rises out of that – that was kind of a spontaneous thing
DP:mm-hmmm
FZ:so you got this CALF, which is an organisation to help the kids. Well I think it's a hype. I don't think they're really gonna help the kids. They have raised some money for bail bonds. Do you know about the organisation and who's in it?
DP:Ahh, no.
FZ:Derek Taylor, Bob Denver, James Lark, ahhh,
DP:I have read about some of those people
FZ:some millionaire, ahhh, Desert Lowe [sp?]
DP:I have heard about Desert Lowe [sp?]
FZ:yeh, and it was y'know written up in the underground press in LA that it was gonna happen but I've yet to see anything really revolutionary come out of it. What it is , is kind of a defense mechanism, it's not a leadership device. It's something to help the kids if they get in trouble. But that doesn't
DP:It's sort of a – a cure but it's not a preventative
FZ:<aherm> well, you don't want a cure –
DP:It's sort of a cure after the disease has already struck.
FZ:Well see, it's not a disease
DP:Well, whatever the
FZ:The kids are the cure.
DP:yah
FZ:Y'know. The kids are the cure.
DP:Well, I mean the organization, in other words is taking care of things after something happens rather than trying to prevent it from happening in the first place. Or getting around it somehow.
FZ:Well, see
DP:or letting it go on.
FZ:It Shouldn't have prevented it from happening. It shoud have MADE it happen.
DP:Yeh, well fine. yeah
FZ:Y'see?
DP:Well, right
FZ:I'm saying The KIDS are what's right.
DP:Right, right
FZ:As far as I'm concerned. and I mean the real estate owners are here and there
DP:What I mean by preventive, when I say preventive what I should say is to somehow try to prevent the real estate people from making the situation.
FZ:That's right. They should have. Cuz do you know what Sunset Boulevard is like, ever been there?
DP:No I haven't.
FZ:Sunset Boulevard is one story mostly, all the way down the line. I mean ... The strip which lasts maybe about a mile. And it used to be really groovy with this one club called the Trip which is about the middle of the strip. and then there was a lot of police harassment and they changed the type of music that they played at the Trip and then the kids went to the Whisky. There are maybe three or four long hair, new music dance places in the whole of metropolitan hippieville there.
DP:mm-hmm
FZ:and they're spread out.
DP:What do they know?
FZ:Let's see, you got the Whisky a Go-Go, you got the Brave New World, you got Bido Lido's and you've got Pandora's Box which is still open part of the time and you've got the Seawitch. Except for the Whisky, all the rest of them if you put them together, you'd probabaly equal the Whisky a Go-Go, cuz they're this big. The Whisky books name acts and the other places have local acts in them. Oh there's one other place out on Colenga [sp?]
FZ:the Maid or something like that ... but they're all DYING cuz the police department is stamping out dance clubs. Now they know ... remember how strong this appeal is to the primitive mind, which is the motivation ahhh level of most of these kids, that ahh dancing in the animal sense, and the west coast is different than – they don't dance rigid, in stereotype routines. They just get out there and dance what's inside of 'em. They'll dance by themselves, they'll dance six or seven at a time and scare you to watch and if you're a policeman and you see those kids dancing ... <aherm> We played this one show called the GUAMBO which stands for Great Underground Artist Orgy and Masked Ball, Masked Ball and Orgy or something like that. Anyway, they expected 500 kids to show up at this place that's called the Aerospace Hall. The cops came over there and said, 'We don't want 500 kids dancing man, in one place! You kidding? in LA with all these freaks dancing?' There's no place in LA that holds 500 kids right?
FZ:The police went down there to the Aerospace Hall, said we're gonna take your liquor license and your health permit, ditdada, we're gonna take it all away if you let the kids in this door'. The day before it was supposed to happen, with three weeks of advertising out, see? OK. So the free press, the LA free press, the underground free press there which was sponsoring the event, says, 'oh no, what are we gonna do, we've got all this bread sunk into it' and it would almost y'know be a financial disaster for the paper and the police just fucked 'em up and they had a contract with the hall and everything.
FZ:So, on Monday's notice they moved it, completely out of Hollywood to a reasonably unsavory part of town at 6th and Western, which is not hip at all, to a place called the Danish Community Center, which holds 900 kids, on the third floor. And in One day they moved all their stuff down there and put the word-of-mouth out and had a couple people waiting at the Aerospace Hall to say 'It's down there' and 3000 kids turned up
DP:WOW!
FZ:just from under the rocks. All these weird looking people standing in the street and they're saying Who Are The Brain Police? and It Can't Happen Here,
DP:eh-heh, Wow
FZ:and all of a sudden like about 300 policemen, that's like ten kids for every cop show up to try and control it. It was twenty kids across up the steps going into the place. It was like this, I couldn't even hardly get into the place to play
DP:yeah
FZ:for like, up two flights of stairs. And the people were just – It was insane, like the building was gonna collapse. And the cops were just panic stricken, they stood around like this, real nice, y'know and didn't give anybody any trouble. It was just unbelievable.
DP:wow
FZ:So, after that they said, 'look, there's 3000 freaks, we no idea there were that many here in town'. Then we started putting on these Freak Outs at the Shrine Exposition Hall which is an even LESS savory part of town, down near next to Watts. And I think the most we had down there was about 5000 kids and the cops started to stamp out dancing. You can't get a dance license hardly. You want to open up a dance place, they won't license a place to dance in. And you can't make any bread unless people can dance there.
They aren't listening to the ahhh, listening rooms, y'know the go-go's, the Nite-Owls
DP:At the Go-Go you dance, oh you mean
FZ:[garbled] at the go-go
They don't have that kind of thing there, nobody goes there to listen, they go there to dance. They don't give a shit what it is. They will dance to our music there. We play y'know, the way the rhythm changes and everything, that doesn't make any difference to them. They just wanna go out there and really get it on y'know.
DP:yeh
FZ:So our music was designed around that sort of police brutality y'know, a social pressure environment. Like I announced before we got here to town, before we even played a note, I said 'I don't know if you people are gonna dig what we do or not cuz the cops aren't as bad here and the – pressure and everything and it seems a lot more groovier here'. And I was surprised they liked us.
DP:Are they getting better, the reactions?
FZ:Yeah. We like the east coast we're getting a good response here.
DP:Do you plan to sort of station yourselves here in the east for a short time before you go back home.
FZ:Uhhh, we'll be here til after the first of the year and then making concerts in Berkeley and different places around California. And then summer time be back to the east coast.
DP:mm-hmmm, is the show definitely gonna be uhhh, y'know has it been produced <garbled>
FZ:No we haven't a partnership or committed to that yet, it's still in the planing stages. I really want, Well, film, y'know if something happens and it doesn't happen this summer it's something I know that will eventually happen. but I think someone will miss a good chance if they don't set the Lenny Bruce Trials to music.
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 9-8-2010 at 04:04

1966 12 22 w Don Paulsen
8 of 10

DP:anything else you - ahh - care to say about any subject?
FZ:well,
DP:no?
FZ:yeah, I think that ah, if kids were to go out and investigate the bins other than the rock and roll bins at their local record store
FZ:and look for these names, and buy them sight unseen, that they would be unbelievably delighted. Ok? First of all, you go to your local record store and you force the man because he probably won't have it in stock, but you force the man to order a large quantity of the two available recordings of The Music of Edgar Varese [spells it]... with a little dealie on the last 'e'. There are two albums of his music on Columbia and there is one album of his music on Vanguard. Look it up in the catalog and go out and buy all of 'em.
DP:I'll look up the numbers-
FZ:Ok groovy.
DP:Have to get the [garbled] contact...
FZ:In fact, the one Columbia album is called A Sound Spectacular. Talk about packaging, man. It says, A Sound Spectacular, and ah, -- the other one is called The Music of Edgar Varese. Now they also ought to seek out and purchase the Columbia Princeton Electronic Music album. The Electronic Music Center album and uhh, if you want to learn how to play guitar, listen to Wes Montgomery. You also ought to go out and see if you can get a record by Cecil Taylor [clears throat] if you want to learn how to play the piano. You ought to look into the complete works of Anton Webern on Columbia. Conducted by Robert Kraft. That's four records, Robert Kraft is not always an excellent conductor and his performances are not always absolutely accurate. But they probably didn't give him a very good budget because it was modern music and they wanted to get the job over with and he was probably under pressure so don't mind the mistakes that are on there if you're following it with a score. Also, Pierre Boulez, ahhh, has conducted, yeah, has conducted his own composition Le marteau sans maξtre [spells it] and I don't know what label that's on but ahem, it's the one with Boulez conducting. The one with Robert Kraft has got too many mistakes on it.
DP:How did you- did you read them?
FZ:Yeah.
DP:How did you learn that?
FZ:In the public library. Listening to those records.
DP:How 'bout guitar playing?
FZ:The same.
DP:Who were some of the people that you heard that you could learn that?
FZ:To learn how to play guitar?
DP:Yeh
FZ:The famous guitar players are Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown, Johnny 'Guitar' Watson, Wes Montgomery. Can't really think of anybody else that really knocks me out. Also get the Bartok first, second and third piano concertos which are all very groovy and good to dance to.
DP:yeh-heh, is there anything with a particular version?
FZ:Ah, let's see. I have the version with -- on Westminster by ah Edith Grenati(sp) with the Vienna Philharmonic or something like that and I've never heard any other version of the second and third piano concerto. So I don't know whether or not that's the best recording. But that's the one I've got and it might not even be available anymore. And I know, the first -- the first one is recorded on an album someplace else that I heard over at Andy Coberg's house and the Blues Project has an excellent collection of modern music. Also, buy everything you can by Igor Stravinsky and dance to it. Especially L'Historie du Soldat which means the Story of the Soldier and is spelled [spells it] and ahh, it doesn't mean the story of the soldier, it means the Soldier's Tale. Ah, that... oh and the Agon Ballet is just the most beautiful thing. Agon Ballet by Stravinsky.
DP:Is that 'A' apostrophe...?
FZ:No it's just A-g-o-n. There's a record by Karl Heinz Stockhausen. It's on the Deutsche Grammophone label [spells it] blahblahblahblahblah label -- called Gesang de Yunglinga, or something like that. [starts to spell it]
DP:I'll have to get ... y'know, I'll have them look it up.
FZ:Yeah, well, anyway It's The Song of the Youths and Kontact is on the other side[tries to spell it] I don't know, I get so crazy trying to spell all that crap.
DP:Yeah I know
FZ:But it looks so crappy if that stuff isn't right and if any of those guys read the Hit Parader magazine they're gonna be pissed off at ya.

[Edited on 17-8-10 by punknaynowned]
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 15-8-2010 at 18:40

Aw that's great stuff! Thank you!
("Dealie on the last e"? What's Frank thinking? The dealie goes on the first e.)

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 17-8-2010 at 04:10

1966 12 22 w Don Paulsen

9 of 10

FZ: I have a red collection of our reviews
DP: he-heh.
FZ: We got two or three reviews from the LA Times that were terrible from the band that said we were just the shits
DP: mm-hmm
FZ: And the reviewer wasn't even there to see the show! He didn't even see the show and we almost sued him. Until, we were working the Whiskey A-Go-Go and the head of the music critic [speaks loudly into mic] MUSIC CRITIC of the LA TIMES came down to the Whiskey A-Go-Go with his sixteen year old son and sat through one of our shows and went just out of his mind. Which was really a magnificent gesture and then he wrote a rave review.
DP: Ohh, why didn't he think to begin with?
FZ: He didn't, he sent these other pukers down to see the show and they didn't, y'know they come in
DP: They didn't like it -
FZ: Well, they didn't even see the show. They didn't even see our band! Y'know we go on with two or three other acts
DP: ah-huh
FZ: And they're so dumb, like ahh,
DP: they thought you were the different group
FZ: We've got such a big band, we have so much stuff to put on the stage that we combine equipment with the other bands.
FZ: -- so we -- only, we use two drumsets up there. Well, it says Mothers on the drumset and you got another band and 'the drummer's sitting on the drumset it says Mothers - that's the Mothers'. Y'know he had us written up in this one thing it said ahh, 'They played a version of 'A Hard Day's Night' that was dismal and ah it wasn't any good'. Y'know? Hard Day's Night? And said we were a four-piece band. That particular night we were at the Shrine Auditorium, five Mothers and sixteen union men. We had a symphony orchestra on that stage, man, and here's all these other music stands. We had a bass sax, we had like six or eight woodwinds and a couple of french horns. Really insane man. And he must have wondered why there wasn't anybody else sitting there
DP: yeah
FZ: Y'know, so he wrote this show, this thing about the show. So this happened twice, the reviewer split before they saw it. So we had these things that were really funny and then we had a couple reviews from the midwest and some of our earliest fan letters--
DP: Is this the kind of thing, do you have any sort of fan following that this magazine might be started as a fan journal?
FZ: Well-
DP: And sort of go from there ...
FZ: What we want to do -- we don't want to have a fan club, we want a cult.
FZ: And I think that, ahh, a cult means more,
FZ: And I think that fan clubs are just bullshit, because actually it's just a money-making proposition they're only there to get your money. [loudly] Paul Revere & The Raiders take the dollar bills and they jackoff onto 'em. I know they do. That one guy with the teeth pro'ly he does something else perverted I can't tell ya about it. But anyway. Don't print that it's nasty.
DP: ok
FZ: And-uh ... we're gonna have the Mothers, at least the guys in the band go out and interview somebody else! We'll have all the guys in the band writing the articles for the book make them go out and interview the Byrds.
FZ: Y'know?
DP: That's a good idea. We've had that idea and ummm haven't done too much with it. Cuz it's hard to get enough people that you want, all of 'em in town all at the same time, at least here in New York. But supposedly over at [?]'s John Sebastian interviewed Chris Richmond[?] at the hippy drug dance and uhh
FZ: Oh yeah?
DP: But umm,
FZ: Was it any good?
DP: Not bad. ahm, had me fooled[?]
FZ: Can I take a few of these things?
DP: Sure, yeah.
FZ: Groovy. But the whole idea of the Mothers' home journal if you would imagine the cover. You see how ugly the guys in the band are
FZ: Picture them each with aprons holding a handful of mashed potatoes
DP: heh
FZ: In the world's smallest Greenwich Village Kitchen. [Louder into the mic] We have a new routine that we're going to unveil shortly that deals with American blues bands. Now let's get this straight. It is not necessarily logical that if you learn all your favorite guitar solos off a bunch of old records and play them yourself under the influence of a vast quantity of drugs that you have soul. Now I may be wrong about this, but I just kinda feel that it's really stupid to pretend like that. Ah, there's something basically aberrated about this sort of american blues band. You get a bunch of little white boys who want to play a type of Negro music with which they might identify but ahh, I don't feel they are competent to ahh, to -- they shouldn't play that shit, man. It's not their bag, really, and they're kidding themselves and they're doing a disservice to the music scene in general and to the colored people who they -- you know what it's like? The guy says, 'Oh MAN, I'm gonna play SO funky and we're gonna go down there-' and these colored guys are gonna come in there and say 'Hey, you guys do pretty good for white boys,' and they wait for that. I've seen 'em, man and it's disgusting. They wait for some old man, they wait for the janitor to come up and say, 'Yeah, I remember when I was back down on the levee and you guys err really sound, yessir!' and I don't know who's putting who on. But I bet the janitor will wait around for a group like that to come around so he can put 'em on and then go away some place and listen to Archie Shepp.
DP: ha! and then go on and laugh at the white boys.
FZ: Yeah well I think it's gonna -- it's aberrated and well then maybe one of these days they'll get wise to themselves.
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 18-8-2010 at 18:39

1966 12 22 w Don Paulsen
10 of 10

FZ:OK! the Eric Burdon Recording Sessions. AHA! On July 4 1966 on what you might describe as a moment's notice, I was asked to manufacture on behalf of Tom Wilson for The Animals, a musical organization from England, a set of arrangements. I was told just to go in there and tell 'em what ya want and ah they'll play it. ok. Well, I got to the studio at eleven o'clock and I'm the only one there. Then Tom Wilson comes in and he's 'Uh, Where are the animals?' and I said, "Gee, I don't know Tom."
DP: What is this a ten o'clock?
FZ: An Eleven o'clock session. What happened was I called the union and I brought down a girl who plays bass and twelve string guitar who's a monster and named ahh, I'll remember her name. But she's really good. One of the top studio players in LA.
DP: Carol Kaye?
FZ: Carol Kaye, yeah. Don Randy, on piano, Johnny Guerin on drums, I was playing guitar on one tune and I was playing the bass on 'The Other side of This Life'. And ah, what else'd we have? We had a guy on harmonica. I can't remember the name- He was the one who wrote Hey Joe. The one who actually wrote it.
DP: I can't remember the songwriter.
FZ: So, anyway, we made this -- Eric showed up with the drummer
FZ: about one-thirty or so, because they had been to a monster party the night before and been out strapping, doping it up and really getting it on all over town
FZ: and being spectacular and celebrities and having a wonderful time in show business
DP: right
FZ: and paying little to no attention to who's been minding the store and they come walking in and everybody starts playing demos for them trying to figure out -- cuz they didn't even know what they were going to record. And we had all these union people sitting around at triple time because it was a holiday and ahh, they're waiting to find out what to do y'know? Sitting there. So ahh, finally they decide on what they are going to cut. We made these two tracks with the union guys and ahh the Animals showed up around four o'clock in the afternoon and they ran through about four or five old r'n'b songs. I don't know how many of 'em actually appeared on the Animalism album. Long Tall Sally and ahh, Hit The Road Jack.
DP: I haven't heard the album but Jim said it's not a very good album. He didn't like it.
FZ: I didn't think it was very spectacular. I know that the two songs that the union cats played on, the tracks are good, they really sounded tight. They sound a lot better -- they sound different than the Animals. Different mix and rhythm.
DP: hmm
FZ: And ahh,
DP: That Hey Joe, by the way, there's not a songwriting credit. I have the Ken Rose record on Columbia it says Arranged and Adapted by Ken Rose.
FZ: Yeah
DP: So he probably just stole the songwriting credit.
FZ: yeah
DP: It happens a lot.
FZ: Well, it's published by Third Story Music which is the publishing firm that administers my stuff. Herbie probably knows the name of that and if he's interested. So anyway, we did the session and then got to talking with Eric ... 'Show business is wonderful, yessir Frank'; 'Yes indeed, Eric'. Anyway then they came over to my house that night and I'd never entertained anybody in my new house and -- Oh, except that I live in this house with about six broads and ahhh ... they entertain me but I hadn't had any groups over. And, some of them y'know have boyfriends on the outside and this one guy that had been coming over was from a group called Them, it was Ray Elliott, the sax player and the organ player from Them. He'd been over there quite frequently. He was a really groovy cat, I really dug him but he was always drunk on his ass. Just, he would just drink vodka and just go whiiittt like that . Just go blotto and fall over the furniture y'know and make a disaster.
FZ: Well, ok, the Animals are there, and they're all just sitting around in a dimly lit room drinking and y'know getting wasted out of their minds and having merry fun and grabbing the tits and asses as they walk by
FZ: So I set up my projector and my screen and proceeded to show them my home movies of an experimental nature. Accompanying the movies was a collection of electronic music and y'know, -- just the same albums I told the kids to go out and buy. alright?
FZ: So, meanwhile, Eric is sitting over there going through my collection of r&b records and jacking off over it, y'know: 'Here's the original record of -- Oh No!'[chuckles]
DP: yeh
FZ: and he started playing it. So you know, got through that phase of the party and then put this other stuff on and then everybody sat there like this, looking at the spots on the leg and all and things like that. and ahh [aherm] evetually some of them got very paranoid. Y'know they wanted to leave and it just ahh, made them very tense -- Eric dug it, he stayed til I guess about four o'clock in the morning he split.
FZ: Then without notice, they all came back the next night and proceeded to almost demolish my house.
DP: hah
FZ: Y'know? In the middle of that, Ray elliott from Them comes walking in and he DID demolish my house. Walked over a coffee table, just -- ploosh. We put him in a cab and wheeled him out. And so, I didn't know that it had effected Eric that much but I started reading all of these things that it must have really blown his mind [laughs].
DP: Ah, oh! one other thing uhh Barry, you're friends with Barry Goldberg, in here the other day and who says that you and Mike Bloomfield and a few other people were on Sunday the other day.
FZ: mm-hmm, yeah it's a
DP: How did that all come about?
FZ: Tom Wilson said, 'I got a session for ya and be at such-and-such a place' and I was there.
DP: Oh!
FZ: and there was Barry Goldberg and there was Michael Bloomfield and there was these other people there and uhh, it took them a real long time to decide how it was gonna go and so wait til they figure out how it was gonna go
FZ: and I played the chords and Bloomfield played the screechers and then they made this rhythm & blues record which had a lot of words in it 'and like Baby'.
DP: uh-huh, oh
FZ: But I'm sure it's very excellent. Maybe it doesnt even have the words 'and like baby'. Maybe they got something psychedelic in it, like 'momma'.
DP: Oh. Barry said it was a commercial record.
FZ: Yeah,well it's
DP: As opposed to being an authentic kind of
FZ: Why do people always, y'know? 'Well, it may not be this but it's COMMERCIAL'.?
FZ: Who gives a fuck, man? If people would stop trying to be commercial, you know what happens to the whole spectrum of american music? It would just go whoosh, the whole quality would go up. Then the best stuff would be the most commercial.
DP: Right. I think the best groups now do that. I mean, they do their own music, like a lot of the groups record a whole album and then they decide what's the best song what will be our single, not just which is commercial but what sounds the best.
FZ: Yah
DP: I know the Stones [?] they usually do it that way,
FZ: Well, we did it that way, we've had two singles out and the radio wouldn't touch 'em,
DP: well,
FZ: haha. We put out Brain Police and uhh, and the Watts Riot Song and It Can't Happen Here and How Could I Be Such A Fool.
DP: hmm
FZ: That's all the sides that have been out. Do you know that just before we left to come to New York, the Byrds were driving up here also. Our neighbors on the street and wanted to use our drummer and bass and rhythm guitar player to play bass on their next session. And it leads me to believe that they don't play their own tracks. Do you know whether or not that's true?
DP: That I hadn't heard anything about.
FZ: Well, they had stopped right in front of the house cuz the guys were just walking out to load the car and wanted to know whether they were going cuz they wanted to use them on the set.
DP: hmmm.
FZ: And I also had word that Good Vibrations was arranged by Van Dyke Parks.
DP: Van Dyke Parks and Wilson have ben working very closely together. And I've been really trying to get a story from Brian Wilson on it and he ahhh, is a very tough guy to get a hold of.
FZ: Van Dyke's not.
DP: hmmm
FZ: ya oughta give him a call. I'll give ya his number.
DP: Fine.
FZ: Suzy Creamcheese was a correctly planned hype.
DP: heh
FZ: You'll see in the Absolutely Free album some illustrations which are the visual equivalent of the advertising phrase, 'Suzy Creamcheese', which has little or no meaning on ANY level. It's one of those kinda things, it's like uhhh, nutty puttty
FZ: You can make anything you want out of it, I don't think any people, y'know, 'Crotch-cheese', 'Toe-jam'
DP: he-heh
FZ: They can associate it with anything they want. They can make it as bland or as nasty as they like.
FZ: We have, it's like this illustration I told you about with the nuts and bolts and things like that is the equivalent of that. People will try and say, y'know 'Now who is that? Why are those things in there? I can't understand that.' But the REASON the nuts and bolts are gonna be in that picture is because when you're pasting these pictures together, sometimes there are seams which you want to cover up
DP: oh, ha-ha
FZ: and so I pasted these things in there and held it all together. It just happened to work out good. But Creamcheese has been -- we have girls coming up and introducing themselves to us as 'I'm Suzy Creamcheese'. And I say, "I know you are".
DP: ha
FZ: That's it on the Creamcheese.
DP: mm-hmmm
[In the background, a baby cries 'mama']
FZ: I think you're probably ready to go home and have merry teenage fun.
DP: Yeah.
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 18-8-2010 at 18:40

OK, that's done.
I know it's a lot....
do you want anymore?
somethin to do for a little while anyway,
:D
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 19-8-2010 at 07:49

:cool: I think you're probably ready to go home and have merry teenage fun.

It's a bit harder to read than an interview, but I love these transcripts! Thank you so much for posting them!

DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 27-10-2010 at 17:30

http://packardgoose.ploeg.ws/index.php?id=dp

left some uhhh's out for the readability:forumsmiley257:

tnx

[Edited on 27-10-2010 by DED]

Check out our new http://www.3xploeg.com or http://www.ploeg.ws websites. Unix and windows combined
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 27-10-2010 at 17:55

If you're interested in improving readability still more, pick a larger font.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 28-10-2010 at 06:15

Oh wow!
Thanx!

Ahm, to answer your question from so long ago ...
this is where I was putting it. There is no other online space where it all is. Some of it is on wiki jawaka but it is so hard to find there and you have to search specifically for it. And it's not done. The guy on that site, that was trying to help I guess, put dp's words in bold and fz's words in normal text. And I didn't have the patience to fix every single line and then lost my password there and forgot about it till recently.
If you want more I'm close to finishing one from 1967 WDET Detroit where Frank explains some sound manipulation technique for Absolutely Free, Money and the Chrome Plated Megaphone in particular. But maybe you'd rather not get more which is understandable.

Should I try and make the font bigger?
DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 28-10-2010 at 09:46

Give it a try and don't worry about the fontsize. It's defined in the css and exactly the same fontsize as the rest of the site.

Check out our new http://www.3xploeg.com or http://www.ploeg.ws websites. Unix and windows combined
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 28-10-2010 at 10:55

I just copied and pasted the interview into Word, then select all, set font size appropriate for my screen and 12 points of space after each paragraph. Took about 10 seconds and was then a nice read.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 28-10-2010 at 10:59

Here's what it looks like to me...

Attachment: goosing.jpg (31kB)
This file has been downloaded 350 times

DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 28-10-2010 at 17:50

Strange
to me it looks like

Attachment: delcehv2010063.jpg (59kB)
This file has been downloaded 348 times

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 29-10-2010 at 22:28

a couple days ago, someone started posting this very interview on youtube
http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=477066#p477066
so you can hear how hard some of this is to hear... :crying:
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 5-11-2010 at 06:53

What are you guys actually talking about? I thought you were referring to the stuff Punky posted above but your pictures look like something else entirely.

Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top