Administrator

Mood: a happy upgrader feeling

[*] posted on 10-4-2007 at 12:49
Super groupie

Source Name : Javno.hr, Croatia
Source Url : http://www.javno.com
Publish Date : Apr 7, 2007

Summary :
... to her heroes and thus ensued ?friendships? with Mick Jagger, Jim Morrison, Jimmy Page, Jimmy Hendrix, David Gilmour, Frank Zappa and even Don Johnson. ...

Read the full story

[Edited on 10-4-2007 by DED]
DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 10-4-2007 at 12:57
Merchandise

Anthill Trading has made a deal with the Zappa Family trust to oversee all merchandising efforts in relation to Frank Zappa, Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention and Zappa Plays Zappa.

New York, New York (Billboard Publicity Wire) April 4, 2007 -- Anthill Trading is honored to announce that we have entered into an alliance with the Zappa Family Trust. Anthill will oversee all aspects
of merchandising not only for Frank Zappa (http://www.zappa.com) but also for the critically-acclaimed touring concert series Zappa Plays Zappa, featuring Dweezil Zappa.

Anthill recognizes not just the musical contributions Frank Zappa made but also the enormous visual impact his work contains. It is therefore with pride that we will work alongside Frank's wife Gail in memorializing the entire Zappa legacy through a comprehensive assortment of lifestyle products that will appeal to his legions of fans worldwide.

Frank Zappa was a composer, guitarist, singer, film director and satirist. In his more than 30 year career Frank Zappa established himself as a prolific and distinctive musician - composer - band leader. Zappa originated the first concept album in Rock & Roll and worked in substantially every musical genre, creating music for rock bands, jazz ensembles, synthesizers and symphony orchestra and is recognized today as one of the great composers of the last century. And he proved that humor does indeed belong in Music.

Zappa self produced almost every one of the more than sixty albums he released with the Mothers of Invention or as a solo artist. He amassed an enormous archive consisting of thousands of live recordings spanning even beyond his performing career. In addition to his music recordings he created feature length and short films, graphic art and album covers. Civilization - , Phase III (the third part of his Masterwork trilogy which also includes Lumpy Gravy & We're Only In It For The Money) earned a Grammy for the album art. He received multiple Grammy nominations and eventually was presented with a Grammy award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance in 1987 for the album "Jazz From Hell," albeit it, off camera. Other dubious achievements: In 2005 Rolling Stone magazine ranked him #71 on their list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time and, posthumously inducted in to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995, he is possibly the first inductee whose music was refused a performance at the actual ceremony.

Zappa Plays Zappa- After cocooning himself away in the studio for more than a year learning to play his father's music note for note and in fact, relearning his picking style in order to address parts that were never intended to be played on the guitar, in 2006 Dweezil Zappa hand selected a band of new, young musicians as well as some legendary Zappa alumni to help him present the first official live concert event of Frank Zappa's music since his untimely death in 1993. While not yet confirmed there are plans to take the tour down under in the months ahead.

About Anthill Trading
Anthill Trading, founded in 1996, is a New York based merchandising company specializing in the exploitation of some unique music, entertainment, and lifestyle properties. Exclusive global representation of some of the world's most prestigious icons and trademarks is under the direction of industry veterans and Anthill founders Cathy Cleghorn and Norman Perry. From their roots in the concert promotion business, both Cleghorn and Perry have developed a keen sense of how to merge the very specific merchandise goals of their artists with the desires of their audiences. The result is an exceptional and eclectic roster, which includes AC/DC, David Bowie, Blondie, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Dashboard Confessional, Deep Purple, RUN DMC, Iggy Pop, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, The Tragically Hip, Nelly Furtado and The Police. For all the latest about Anthill Trading or it's clients visit http://www.anthilltrading.com and browse our news section, photo gallery and blog.

For more information contact Renay Palome at 212-675-1114 or email.

###
DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 10-4-2007 at 22:36

You can find zappa thingies on their website
http://www.anthilltrading.com
But it is a sort of Sesamestreet website. :D
DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 11-4-2007 at 16:20
Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz with Frank Zappa

Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz with Frank Zappa
Source Name : All About Jazz, PA
Source Url : http://www.allaboutjazz.com
Publish Date : Mar 31, 2007

Summary :
Although many fans of Marian McPartland's long running NPR series heard former Frank Zappa sideman George Duke's guest appearance on Marian McPartland's ...

Read the full story here
DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 16:01

Quote:
Originally posted by DED
You can find zappa thingies on their website
http://www.anthilltrading.com
But it is a sort of Sesamestreet website. :D

They have some rare stuff (they say)
DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 12-4-2007 at 19:16
Korn management confirms drummer exit

Korn's management has confirmed that temporary drummer Terry Bozzio has completed his work on the band's new record and is no longer working with the group. Bozzio, a legendary drummer known for his work with Missing Persons and Frank Zappa, plays on some but not all tracks on the album. Bozzio will also not be joining Korn on the road, with a new touring drummer yet to be announced. Brooks Wackerman of Bad Religion played with the band two weeks ago at a youth volunteer show in Los Angeles, but is not expected to tour with them.

Bozzio replaced founding drummer David Silveria in January, after Silveria announced at the end of 2006 that he was taking a "hiatus" from Korn for at least one album and tour.

Korn's eighth studio effort is due out in June. The band will headline the 2007 Family Values tour starting in mid-July, with Evanescence, Hellyeah, Atreyu, Trivium and Flyleaf also on the bill. The on-sale date for most of the shows is April 28th.
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-4-2007 at 07:59

1991 Documentary Peefeeyakto c 1991 by Frank Zappa is available to be viewed on youtube here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oAjzztZbQw
this is a link to part 1 of 6
of course the sound is terrible and there seems to be some minor edits, but all in all a very interesting look into the synclavier world of zappa and his concept of sound and of music in general. Eye - ear opening!!
Some unique pieces as well I believe . . .
sorry if you've seen this before, it is new to me.
how ya'll doin? haven't talked to you folks in a while . . .
I'm ok, gotta move:crying:
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 28-4-2007 at 22:23

Move where Punky?

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 30-4-2007 at 03:08

that's just the thing, I don't know yet
somewhere here in town
I hate to move
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 30-4-2007 at 18:32

Oh dear... What's happening to your old place? Demolished? In the way of a new highway or mall? Infested by rats?

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 29-4-2008 at 05:11

New Z Series a Reality?

There may be some truth do you think of the vinyl release of previously unreleased stuff?
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 29-4-2008 at 09:21

Seen the pics, yeah. I'm kinda lost at it. Do I really "need" 2 more renditions of "The Torture Never Stops"?

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 14-6-2008 at 02:13

one shot deal available at Barfko-Swill
but if you go to the what's new page
http://www.zappa.com/whatsnew/index.html
and click on the image, you'll get a flash page that offers a tracklisting
:P
Badchild
Apostrophe Status

Mood: 45 years and bearded

[*] posted on 16-6-2008 at 10:15

ordered today -One shot Deal
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 24-6-2008 at 12:26

we got a lead, folks

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14621&postdays=0&am...

really big news

[Edited on 24-6-08 by punknaynowned]
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 24-6-2008 at 23:34

Hey Punky, if you want the zappa forum to go straight to the post in question you can do the following:

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=363669&highlight#36...

You get the post number by hitting quote on the post you want highlighted and then copying the post number from the link in the address field after the quote editor has loaded. There's no obligation to submit the quote, of course. The viewtopic.php command works with a post number p= instead of a topic number t=.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 25-6-2008 at 00:18

that's a great signifier distinguisher!
I'll use it!
thanx!
Is it useful to php only ?

What I'm most excited about and hope something comes of it is GZ's mention before that:
http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=363669&highlight#36...

:cool:
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 25-6-2008 at 00:35

This is something that has the best to offer it, for everyone, I think.
Gail has at least said now that she's up for talking about options as to online distribution thru dl's or streams or whatever.
She hadn't done that before.
And with her coming up now more frequently, if the geezers with the online pipes and the fanatic techs step up to make it work and the difficulty of 'encryption' is worked out ( . . .! . . .)
there is finally something else to talk about, positively in addition to the faltering and gimmegimme fanny-tripes when the new releases come along.

My thought is that the zpz dvd sales exceeded expectations, which allowed for broader release of that in different formats and maybe even cover production costs for new releases this year.

I hope that the statement she made that you pipointed above polyd is not a conditional statement or based solely on the context. That is, that there would be 4 releases this year if an on online pipe could be set up. The way she words it, leaves open that possibility I fear. An argument could be made I think that is what she means, despite everyone's wishes or expectations to the contrary. . .
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 25-6-2008 at 00:38

Quote:
Originally posted by punknaynowned
This is something that has the best to offer all around, for everyone, I think.
Gail has at least said now that she's up for talking about options as to online distribution thru dl's or streams or whatever.
She hadn't done that before.
And with her coming up now more frequently, if the geezers with the online pipes and the fanatic techs step up to make it work and the difficulty of 'encryption' is worked out ( . . .! . . .)
there is finally something else to talk about, positively in addition to the faltering and gimmegimme fanny-tripes when the new releases come along.

My thought is that the zpz dvd sales exceeded expectations, which allowed for broader release of that in different formats and maybe even cover production costs for new releases this year.

I hope that the statement she made that you pinpointed above polyd is not a conditional statement or based solely on the context. That is, that there would be 4 releases this year if an on online pipe could be set up. The way she words it, leaves open that possibility I fear. An argument could be made I think that is what she means, despite everyone's wishes or expectations to the contrary. . .
 Pages:  1    3  ..  8

Go To Top