PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  76    78    80  ..  348
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 28-5-2011 at 06:46

well, the new home is cool, in both the senses of the word, I have to change a part of the heating system and there was a water leak between the sink and the wall where the water pipe goes out of the house. The leak is repaired, I'll change the heaters in a few weeks. Otherwise, it's pretty cool, I've got a room for all my stuff, which is great cause i'm finally gonna be able to bring back all my instruments, CDs, comic books, etc, etc... I'll post pictures as soon as possible.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-5-2011 at 13:09

glad your move went well!
I always hate it myself.
If you have more room that's the best.
Minor fixes are always the norm.
It'll take time to get used to all the little spaces.
You take good photos, too!
looking fwd>>>
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 29-5-2011 at 10:25

I've just spent the majority of my Sunday doing school work and finally I'm chilling out for the evening. It always feels good after it's done. I got a complaint from a parent last week. Apparently her precious daughter thinks I spend too much time telling stories and not enough time teaching maths and feels it might be holding her back. Bollocks. It's always been a part of my style as a teacher. I don't just tell stories at random, they always weave back into the work at hand and when they are more general I try to relate them to decisions they have to make as they grow up. Most students find me approachable and enjoy the stories, there's always one that has to fuck it up. Anyway, needless to say, that class is gonna be working their butts off next week and wondering why the change in tempo.

DED
Administrator

Mood: a happy upgrader feeling

[*] posted on 29-5-2011 at 22:21

Big computer problems here after installing vista SP1. Computer didn't start at all after the final restart.
I had to reinstall windows, my documents fortenately are safe, but no program is working unto a reinstall (missing all the libary files)
One of the important programs that did not work is mu subtitle manager. That keeps me from publishing a new movie.

Check out our new http://www.3xploeg.com or http://www.ploeg.ws websites. Unix and windows combined
DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 29-5-2011 at 22:26

@Aqua. Your new house is in the same town? Hope you publish the pics soon.

Attachment: verhuizen1.jpg (79kB)
This file has been downloaded 382 times

Attachment: verhuizen2.jpg (19kB)
This file has been downloaded 387 times

Check out our new http://www.3xploeg.com or http://www.ploeg.ws websites. Unix and windows combined
aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 30-5-2011 at 16:52

yes, i'm still in the same town. I'll take pics on thursday and post them the same day, I think.

Caputh
Hot Rats Status

[*] posted on 31-5-2011 at 10:54

Quote: Originally posted by polydigm  
I've just spent the majority of my Sunday doing school work and finally I'm chilling out for the evening. It always feels good after it's done. I got a complaint from a parent last week. Apparently her precious daughter thinks I spend too much time telling stories and not enough time teaching maths and feels it might be holding her back. Bollocks. It's always been a part of my style as a teacher. I don't just tell stories at random, they always weave back into the work at hand and when they are more general I try to relate them to decisions they have to make as they grow up. Most students find me approachable and enjoy the stories, there's always one that has to fuck it up. Anyway, needless to say, that class is gonna be working their butts off next week and wondering why the change in tempo.

As a fellow teacher, I feel for you; my uncle (also a teacher) once produced the memorable quote "I would rather clean out the lav with my tongue than mark essays or exams". It is the only bit I find tedious in the extreme.
Don't let dumb parents get to you - I always find there is a far higher percentage of arrogant, ill-informed parents than there is of pupils - we can't pick and choose who our parents are after all. I know it's difficult to switch off after being totally annoyed by some busybody - my wife has had to leave the teaching profession because she can't do it. My advice (for what it's worth) is to carry on as you always would, if you're convinced that you're doing things the right way. I hope you take this the way I mean it - as friendly support and not as an attempt to be another busybody.
Huck_Phlem
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: cough*blowme* cough

[*] posted on 4-6-2011 at 02:30

I saw Kindle for sale on Amazon. Click Buy! I just had to get one just been waiting for the price to come down.

polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 4-6-2011 at 06:50

No worries Caputh, I get your intentions. You're right about carrying on as is. If you can't be yourself, what's the point? I'll carry on doing my thing but being a bit more cleverer about it. Anyway, this week went by quite well without incident. There was a bit of a pain with some assessments being moderated, but by the end of the week I had that under control. The red tape in teaching is becoming unbelievable, or did I bitch about that one here already?

BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 5-6-2011 at 10:06

Huck: what's a kindle?

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 5-6-2011 at 19:19

some pics of my new home:

the last room will soon be filled with my guitars and CDs and stuff and some things will change in the other rooms.

[Edited on 5-6-2011 by aquagoat]

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-6-2011 at 21:47

Nice! Great bath too! (Well, unless you're in a hurry, but they're great when you broke a leg)

DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 6-6-2011 at 11:04

Nice place, very nice . Girlfriend seems not too happy when photographed :-). Love the colors in your bathroom, ours is plain white, if the house was not rented, it should be one of the first thingsto change.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 6-6-2011 at 18:58

looks airy and has light! Also wood floors where yu want and tile where that is handy, always a plus!
Congrats!

I see too that Waiter is up in the theater. Same male and female lead. I just started it and will get back to it.
aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 7-6-2011 at 19:01

thank you for the compliments, I'm beginning to feel home even if a few modifications are still to be made.

MTF
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: :booM

[*] posted on 8-6-2011 at 07:31

Nice place, Mr. Goat.

My daughter Rachel turned 18 yesterday. She did some of the things you do at 18: registered to vote, bought some lottery tickets. Didn't buy any cigarettes, though.

She graduates from High School on Friday.

And Bonny, the Kindle is Amazon's e-book reader...

Huck_Phlem
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: cough*blowme* cough

[*] posted on 8-6-2011 at 16:21

Congrats to your daughter! mIne graduates middle school thursday.

All of a sudden my kids want to read now that I got the kindle. the protective case for it should arrive later this week.

Calvin
Apostrophe Status

[*] posted on 9-6-2011 at 03:50

Quote: Originally posted by MTF  
Nice place, Mr. Goat.

My daughter Rachel turned 18 yesterday. She did some of the things you do at 18: registered to vote, bought some lottery tickets. Didn't buy any cigarettes, though.

She graduates from High School on Friday.

And Bonny, the Kindle is Amazon's e-book reader...

My daughter graduated on May 8th. All 3 kids graduated, which is nice. I told my daughter she should do what Patton Oswalt advised: When you turn 18, buy a gun and shoot a ballot. Just because you can.

Hi there.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-6-2011 at 16:17

Congrats to your daughters Cal and MTF!

Has anyone seen Ober (Waiter) yet? It was one of the biggest award buffs at the annual Dutch movie awards (golden calfs) when it came out, but from the first few minutes it didn't look or sound too interesting.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 9-6-2011 at 23:10

today on google front page in honor of les paul's birthday there are strings that can be plucked with your mouse. Plus a button to record what you do and then it will play it back.
Insta fretless guitar, sorta.
Still fun and cute
 Pages:  1  ..  76    78    80  ..  348

Go To Top