PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  88    90    92  ..  348
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 19-11-2011 at 00:10

Oh, so you weren't joking? I suppose I should say Solar Power System, or something like that. Yes, it's pretty cool, but we're having to jump through some hoops to get there.

BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 19-11-2011 at 11:37

Half, I knew you weren't getting a new solar system obviously.
Did some sculpting. God that modelling putti is nasty.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 21-11-2011 at 11:55

Still more hoops to jump through, we haven't got our approval yet. Now the engineer's worried about a crack in the wall. I have a mass of 80kg and stand on a space of about 0.02 square metres. Thats equivalent to a localised force of about 40 500 gm tubs of butter stacked on top of each other. One of these solar panels has a mass of 18kg and stands on a space of about 1.65 square metres. That's equivalent to a localised force of about one half empty 500 gm tub of butter. What the hell is he worried about?

The council is concerned about them getting caught in the wind and torn off your roof as a public safety issue, they're not so worried about them collapsing your roof in on itself, which is hardly likely. I'm getting a bit weary of this crap.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 21-11-2011 at 20:58

Ah, maybe that guy is just trying to get some extra moolah.
I've been photographing drawings and stuff that is in my agendas, then upload them to DA. I always make them myself and now have 15 of them. One comic I made can be seen here:
http://bonnzai.deviantart.com/#/d4gvhi3

I love DeviantArt. Over 200 artworks uploaded now.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 21-11-2011 at 21:47

Funny comic.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 23-11-2011 at 08:47

I think you're right about the moolah Bonny. When I got the guy's plans which put a bit of a spanner in the works and then listened to him tell me that if there were any problems, we could get back to him and he would see what he could do, I realised he was fishing. Anyway, I've figured out a way to side step the problem, so it seems it's all steam ahead. Without any further hitches (touch wood) we'll be running on solar within 10 days.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 23-11-2011 at 12:12

That's good news Poly!
http://bonnzai.deviantart.com/gallery/33517285#/d4gvfew
Here's more Fred & Derek.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 25-11-2011 at 23:10

During a tutorial one time back when I was training as a teacher during a postmortem of a recently completed teaching practical we were asked about the highlight and lowlight of our experience. I answered that the highlight was that there weren't any lowlights but that the lowlight was that there weren't any highlights. Kind of how I feel right now.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-11-2011 at 00:51

are you "in between things that only go halfway"?

I've decided that if the revolution is finally happening, I better be healthy for it. Or at least not 'dying any minute from something stupid like smoking related disease'. So I try one of these e-cigarettes that provide vaporized nicotine when you breathe in on the white end. The other end glows visibly, to tell you how much gets delivered...
{i'm told I don't have to like the slight aftertaste}

Welcome to the 21st Century!!!!
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 26-11-2011 at 11:02

Those things are certainly only halfway...
You're guaranteed to not "die any minute from smoking-related disease". Except for Anton Webern (who went out for a smoke and was shot by a drunk soldier) smoking diseases like lung cancer and emphysema are slow and excruceating.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 26-11-2011 at 14:21

Wow, Bonny, that's really comforting.

:duh: :lol:

Just as well I don't smoke.

Good luck with it Punky.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 28-11-2011 at 19:27

:devil:

Went out on my usual trip to the second hand store, this week I went to one that's about 20 min cycling from here. I'd found a lot of CD-is, and among others a first edition (1955) of a book by Bordewijk (my fav author) that I didn't have,and tons more stuff...
and when I go to the coffee corner to check out my potential purchases, I discover I don't have my wallet on me.

:swear:

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 28-11-2011 at 23:42

I hate that feeling. I hope you found it again Bonny. I've been going okay this week. So we're back to Bonny's hard times now.

:devil:

Calvin
Apostrophe Status

[*] posted on 29-11-2011 at 01:53

Quote: Originally posted by punknaynowned  

I've decided that if the revolution is finally happening, I better be healthy for it. Or at least not 'dying any minute from something stupid like smoking related disease'. So I try one of these e-cigarettes that provide vaporized nicotine when you breathe in on the white end. The other end glows visibly, to tell you how much gets delivered...

I'm not sure how that's supposed to help. If you were addicted to heroin would I give you vaporized heroin?

[Edited on 29-11-2011 by Calvin]

Hi there.
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 29-11-2011 at 10:24

Wow, Punky, you really came to the right place for sympathy, it seems. :duh:

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 29-11-2011 at 10:52

Quote: Originally posted by Calvin  

I'm not sure how that's supposed to help. If you were addicted to heroin would I give you vaporized heroin?

[Edited on 29-11-2011 by Calvin]

No, they'd give you methadon. It's supposed to be not as bad as heroin but methadon addictions are pretty nasty too.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 29-11-2011 at 19:18

thanks Geoff!

Bonny, I would likely feel the same as you about tobacco if my aunt and grandma were smokers and died so recently.

Cal, are you trying to be funny? Hope you're feeling better since you quit smoking.:duh:

update: I fell off the wagon yesterday after five days of steady progress. Today, Coffee's made and I'll cycle to the store and get me some creamer for it. Another thing I do two-three times a week is get a veggie smoothie: carrot, beet, spinach, garlic. I think the vegetables are responding to me.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 29-11-2011 at 20:51

Ah Punky, I didn't mean to be so harsh on your quitting attempts. It's in fact parallelled to how I quit taking sugar in my tea. I drank tea a lot, especially in my newspaper round days when I'd be freezing all over at least until noon, and I took sugar. Lots. A one and a half kilo bag wouldn't last for two weeks.
I decided to finally quit, and do so gradually: I bought one of those artificial sweetener dispensers. At first it took 4 of those pills to match the sugar content I previously used. One week later, I went to 3. Next week, 2. Week after, 1.

And I got stuck at 1 for several weeks. I was about halfway through the 650 pcs dispenser when I dropped it on the floor, so I bought a new one.
On my second use of that new dispenser, I got instant butter fingers and dropped it in my tea, top first so the contents contacted the liquid I was about to drink.

I drank it.
You know, the record number of lumps I've had in my tea was 31, I was getting bullied by two nasty boys and I didn't want to give them the satisfaction of a grossed-out face. But it was drinkable.
There may have been a few hundreds of artificial sweetener pills solved in that tea. And that was not drinkable. It was gross. Sticky. And I couldn't finish it. That was the last time I took sweeteners of any kind. Yeah!

Went to the second hand store again, with wallet this time. They still had the Bordewijk book and the other books I wanted, but the CD-is were gone. I did get (new) shoes and trousers at a nearby shop. Getting new shoes for me is a nightmare considering I have Paris Hilton size. Been wearing little but men's shoes since I was 15.

Calvin
Apostrophe Status

[*] posted on 30-11-2011 at 23:25

thanks Geoff!

Bonny, I would likely feel the same as you about tobacco if my aunt and grandma were smokers and died so recently.

Cal, are you trying to be funny? Hope you're feeling better since you quit smoking.:duh:

update: I fell off the wagon yesterday after five days of steady progress. Today, Coffee's made and I'll cycle to the store and get me some creamer for it. Another thing I do two-three times a week is get a veggie smoothie: carrot, beet, spinach, garlic. I think the vegetables are responding to me.

Trying to be funny? No. It sounds like you didn't really make a decision to quit, you made the decision to try to quit. If you really want to stop, decide that you aren't going to have anymore, ever. And then focus on the fact that there is no pain in withdrawal, just a restless, uneasy feeling. After I reconciled that those things were true in my mind it was a snap.

Hi there.
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 1-12-2011 at 01:08

I went cold turkey on cigarettes, the green stuff and alcohol altogether for my birthday back in 1985. That was one of the hairiest things I've ever done but it was worth it.

Pages:  1  ..  88    90    92  ..  348

Go To Top