PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  98    100    102  ..  348
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 20-2-2012 at 20:38

Go Poly!

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 23:02

Thanks for the cheers, Bonny. My current level of ebullience is not going down well with everyone I come across.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 23-2-2012 at 13:04

You can be really proud of yourself. DED knows it's not easy to start college again late in life.

[Edited on 24-2-12 by BBP]

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 24-2-2012 at 14:58

My first lectures start next week and then I have a couple hours work a week consulting first years starting the week after next.

BTW, does my avatar show here okay and has anyone ever noticed any problems with my pics in the 1000 thread?

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-2-2012 at 15:19

the avatar is fine and the pics in the other appear regularly, that I've noticed.
Yesterday
I listened to 1977 09 17 Baton Rouge FZ show. and a 40 min rehearsal tape
1978 08 XX where they did a bit of Flakes and rehearsed the don't eat the yellow snow suite of songs, which is always good to hear Ike sing those songs. Frank explains about the sausage patty and St Alphonzo.
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 25-2-2012 at 02:56

I have a web host that I'm beginning not to trust. Something funny happens with my links every now and then. I don't want to get technical, but I use an ftp mirror to update my website which basically only bothers with files when they've changed, which is very convenient and it used to work really well. Lately, though, it seems as though files are some how changing when I'm not actually doing anything to them which makes me wonder what my host is doing with my files.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 26-2-2012 at 14:20

Wrist continues to hurt. It feels cold. I'm limiting my online time to stuff that doesn't require intensie mouse work.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 27-2-2012 at 12:35

What happened to your wrist?

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 27-2-2012 at 16:21

duckduckgo.com The Search Engine is fantastic!
I've already looked up shiina ringo, dubai hotels and airline tickets to mumbai!
now what?
today I listened to 1982 05 17 Paris - a show 128 minutes shows some rare panache like Packard Goose and Watermelon and Sofa an embarrassment of riches. King Kong and Sharleena are great on that date too.

tuesday I listen to random stuff

[Edited on 28-2-12 by punknaynowned]
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 28-2-2012 at 11:19

It is isn't it? I've noticed how horrible Google has become with that filter thing when I was looking for scenes from Howl's Moving Castle, and all I got was kids playing the theme music.

My entire arm's been too overstressed. Yesterday I gave myself a slow day with no drawing, no keyboard, no knitting and no PC at all. It didn't help much. So today I'm just limiting use, as in: no more Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 4, which is too much fun and probably the culprit.
It's an odd sensation. It doesn't really hurt, it sort of... feels colder.

On my slow day I went to the second-hand store in Geldrop again. Not long before I was there, my chain fell off. After putting it back on and having it fall off immediately afterwards, I found there was too much play in the crankshaft.
There's a very good chance that I'll be needing a new bicycle.

I've had this one for nearly four years, which is great considering the age of the thing and the price we bought it for. My new bike, which I got when I was 11, lasted for three years when its sprockets became so worn down it was practically unusable. My chain would drop off three times on the 5km trip to school; I became an expert at replacing it without having to get off. What makes it real bad, though, is my dad's bike is also in disrepair; and we still don't have a car.

DED
Administrator

Mood: a happy upgrader feeling

[*] posted on 28-2-2012 at 18:10

Bonny came home with a new secondhand bike today. Actually it is the first one she buy herself on her own.
A remarkable milestone.
When arriving home I did my first repair on it ,the frontwheel was loose. I only had to tighten the nut and there is no fraction or whatsoever on the frame. Nice one BBP.
My bike has an bigger problem with the sturmey archer speed control. Something is wrong inside, so I think I need a new wheel at least.

Check out our new http://www.3xploeg.com or http://www.ploeg.ws websites. Unix and windows combined
MTF
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: :booM

[*] posted on 29-2-2012 at 04:46

Our power company - P. G. & E. - is replacing a power pole on our street tomorrow. As a result, we'll be without power, internet and cable for about seven hours. I'll be down to just my cell phone.

The horror, the horror...
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 29-2-2012 at 08:55

There's a coincidence, we had the power out for about 6 hours for a similar reason last Tuesday. The irony is that there is no legal way to take advantage of our solar panels while they have the electricity disconnected.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 29-2-2012 at 17:36

Aw that's CRUEL!

My arm feels better, provided I don't use it for typing.
Went to the giveaway shop and got some fleshy-tint fabric to make plushees with.

MTF
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: :booM

[*] posted on 1-3-2012 at 09:51

Quote: Originally posted by polydigm  
The irony is that there is no legal way to take advantage of our solar panels while they have the electricity disconnected.

Same here. When grid power is off, our inverter shuts off as well. The last thing the power company wants is some doofus like me pumping electrons into the grid when they have a guy in a cherry picker, trying to troubleshoot the lines.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-3-2012 at 12:11

Ah that makes sense.
Hope my arm will be doing better today.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

Mood: Not nessaceraly stoned but beautiful

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 22:20

I logged on to The Goose wth no problemo! Fantastic! I also hosted a local Sat. night cable show with a new band called Box Of Screws.The lead guitarist is a friend and asked me to help "meet the band" inbetween sets.It was fun stuff! I had to wait for someone to introduce me! Then she said welcome Major Kirk a local improvisational actor and comedian.So all at once I got promoted and had to be funny too! The latter was easy but the former.Well,I only used Kapt.Kirk so I wouldn't be called Curt,Kirt,Kurk,and Cirt,so I don't know how to deal with this "on air" promotion! I guess I'll just accept it,just don't call me Major Tom! You know your old or talking to a real social misfit when they say who's Capt.Kirk and Startrek was a television program? Kaptian Kirk,Rock Interveiwer. :guitar::drums::guitar2::singer:
Hope your arm is better Bonny.

[Edited on 10/10/10 by KAPTKIRK]
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 5-3-2012 at 00:31

so right there's this aussie chick who's made youtube videos basically since she was a kid, all through uni and now after 280+ clips ... not so much.
she got a gig and did a world trip with lonely planet and after that pretty much quit talking to her youtube clan.
But she's funny. Funny in a way that points out our silliness by, get this, 'doing the stupid thing first' and thereby encouraging the shy people to follow. But this 'conversation' with the people who watch these things is of course hackneyed and messed up a lot of the time. A 'two-way' that doesn't quite go back and forth. More hilarity ensues. So, she's been away for awhile and people forget but she put a clip up the other day:
somebody said,

"there once was a natalie from austrailia
who spoke through communitychannelia
she made her subs waite
long past the promised date
and when she returned it was
histeria"
-1skywrench

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml8CpshSIrE&

funny girl.
Also listened to
1967 09 30 Stockholm
1967 12 03 Ann Arbor, MI
1968 04 28 Detroit, MI
1968 05 03 Denver, CO today
all about four hours and some of my favorite early mothers: gives a good view of what they were doing and even the kind of influence they would have. Fun.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-3-2012 at 11:01

Quote: Originally posted by KAPTKIRK  
I logged on to The Goose wth no problemo! Fantastic! I also hosted a local Sat. night cable show with a new band called Box Of Screws.The lead guitarist is a friend and asked me to help "meet the band" inbetween sets.It was fun stuff! I had to wait for someone to introduce me! Then she said welcome Major Kirk a local improvisational actor and comedian.So all at once I got promoted and had to be funny too! The latter was easy but the former.Well,I only used Kapt.Kirk so I wouldn't be called Curt,Kirt,Kurk,and Cirt,so I don't know how to deal with this "on air" promotion! I guess I'll just accept it,just don't call me Major Tom! You know your old or talking to a real social misfit when they say who's Capt.Kirk and Startrek was a television program? Kaptian Kirk,Rock Interveiwer. :guitar::drums::guitar2::singer:
Hope your arm is better Bonny.

[Edited on 10/10/10 by KAPTKIRK]

Welcome Kirk!

Wait wait... see that edited on date? You started time travelling or something? Or do we still need serious tinkering?

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-3-2012 at 11:19

Monday: 2nd hand shop day. It's the week when I travel to the one that's further away, but that also has a nice cheap supermarket. I want to use my father's bicycle, but he decides against it since it had gear problems. Reason why I want to use his, is my bicycle that I bought last week has a flat rear tire, and I won't be sure I can travel back with enough air in it.
I go, get shaken a lot halfway on a clinker road, visit the shop, buy a book, want to go to the supermarket... Tire is too flat to ride. I end up walking back the full 8 km. It starts to rain.:swear:

Tuesday: I decide to go to that supermarket (and other nearby shops). I tighten the nut on my father's saddle and go.
Had a wee bit of problem with the gears, and since the chain guard broke off my trousers get caught in it twice. As I get close to the supermarket, the cycling takes a lot more force.
Cause is found quickly: the tire hasn't been screwed into position well enough, moved sideways and is rubbing against the frame. I manage to push it back into place, but the popping back gets worse, and after my visit to the supermarket I end up walking about 2/3 of the way back. :swear:

Today: give-away store. Normally I walk that. Shall I do that today? Hmmm.

Pages:  1  ..  98    100    102  ..  348

Go To Top