PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  126    128    130  ..  348
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 25-2-2013 at 13:33

Cool ... joke ...

BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 25-2-2013 at 16:57

Did anyone notice? Something odd happened today at the Z-forum; a number of posts have disappeared and I was logged out all of a sudden.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

Mood: Not nessaceraly stoned but beautiful

[*] posted on 26-2-2013 at 02:10

Quote: Originally posted by BBP  
Did anyone notice? Something odd happened today at the Z-forum; a number of posts have disappeared and I was logged out all of a sudden.

Same here.Can't log in now either.Anyone know whats up?
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 26-2-2013 at 05:48

I can log in now, it's after 3:00PM in the afternoon here. I was on there earlier this morning my time but I missed the meltdown in between. I believe the crash was caused by censorship. There was some discussion this morning about how Gail goes about answering questions and DC Boogie was being particularly uncomplimentary towards Gail. Soon after that I logged off. I've just come back now and all of that stuff has gone .... highly suspicious ...

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 26-2-2013 at 06:24

Quote: Originally posted by polydigm  
I can log in now, it's after 3:00PM in the afternoon here. I was on there earlier this morning my time but I missed the meltdown in between. I believe the crash was caused by censorship. There was some discussion this morning about how Gail goes about answering questions and DC Boogie was being particularly uncomplimentary towards Gail. Soon after that I logged off. I've just come back now and all of that stuff has gone .... highly suspicious ...

I had to get another pass word and it still won't let me change it yet.Alot of stuff is gone also,like Plooks avatar and missing posts.I wonder what DC Boogie said about Gail? There was definetly a reaction to it or a coincidence of errors.I doubt we'll ever know. {-
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 27-2-2013 at 00:32

A girl I used to babysit was on TV today, with an animation she had made. Cute! ^-^

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-3-2013 at 11:00

So, it's March already...

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 1-3-2013 at 22:29

So, it's March already...

Beware the Ides of Gail....or March.It's been really nice,beautiful weather here when what we need is rain! Lots of it or next year the reservoirs will be at drought levels.Just learned Ike Willis,Ray White and Robert "Bobby" Martin are playing with a Zappa cover band named For the Love Of Frank in Chico,CA..Close to me! I hope they do Whippin Post! The first time I saw Bobby sing WP was back in '74-5 at the Circle Star theater in the round.Chris North does an excellent rendition,but it's always the first one you heard that stands out for me.
The Allman brothers still do it best,thanx to Greg Allmans fantastic blues voice,but I really like Bobby's version too! As you can tell I'm excited.DZpZ hasn't been here for over a year and it's been since Sept.2012 that I saw The GrandMothers with slime.o.I'm ready for more...now!
BTW: on youtube bri1tag has over 90 concerts and interviews with FZ/MOI and is definetly worth checking out. (must be a Zappateer)
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 12:49

Just saw a squirrel up our conifer, spent a good 15 minutes watching this delightful creature scrounging around for a meal. ^_^

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 14:53

Over Xmas at my mother in law's place I got to witness several squirrels running along the side fence.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 00:47

Hot Rats.That's basically what squirrels are.Cute bushy tailed rodents.I still go squirrel fishing once in awhile.Tie a walnut to a fishing line and have some fun! Those little suckers will fight each other over it all the while your reeling them in.I once had a Red Squirrel hang on to a walnut as I pulled him up to the second floor,before he finally let go! Hilarious good clean fun! No squirrels were hurt during my fishing experiment either.Even after yanking them outta the conifers,40 ft.up,didn't faze the little suckers! They'll just keep going after those nuts!
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 12:23

Sounds cruel. Anyway these creatures are a lot quicker, less tolerant about each other (unless they're a family or in the mating season, there's usually only one squirrel per territory) and not as keen on humans. Seeing them is rare.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 22:31

It's different here and not cruel at all,just funny.It's really funny how possesive they get over a walnut.1st one there seems to own it and will fight the others over it all the while hanging on to the nut being pulled closer to me! Squirrels are all over here.We have Red,Grey,Ground,Tree and Flying squirels and a dozen or so more that range from Chipmonk size to the Ground squirrel size.They use the power lines to get around neighborhoods where there's no trees and really are considered pest by most.Not by me though.I have a little fun with them is all.Maybe I should tape/film it,it's really funny! I've got scub jays and racoons/opossums that come by for peanuts and scaps respectively on a daily basis.They all know their names and will keep the others away for peanuts and scraps.Quid pro quo,ya know? Ha!
BTW,Did you know feeding bread to ducks and geese is bad for them? Just heard that on the nature channel.I missed the 'why' of it though.
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 12:00

this didn't happen to me, but have you heard that
Steven Spielberg will produce a mini-series based on a Stanley Kubrick-penned script about Napoleon ...
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/03/04/napoleon_by_kubrick_...

[Edited on 5-3-13 by punknaynowned]
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 15:59

Heard it. Horrible.
Kubrick was highly interested in his Napoleon-film; he was believed to have the world's largest library on the subject. He'd cast Jack Nicholson as Napoleon.
Spielberg is miles apart from Kubrick, I wish he'd realize that himself and leave the man's projects alone.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 6-3-2013 at 08:01

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 6-3-2013 at 08:20

That's a big one.To fat for me to reel in.Cute little buggers aren't they? Squirrels don't get quite that big here unless over feed.When our ground squirrels sit up they resemble a smaller version of Merecats of the Serengeti.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-3-2013 at 12:17

He's fat! Our squirrels are skinny and frail. And red. And cute.

Caputh
Hot Rats Status

[*] posted on 6-3-2013 at 16:40

Heard it. Horrible.
Kubrick was highly interested in his Napoleon-film; he was believed to have the world's largest library on the subject. He'd cast Jack Nicholson as Napoleon.
Spielberg is miles apart from Kubrick, I wish he'd realize that himself and leave the man's projects alone.

I couldn't agree more; I hated AI. Spielberg was looking for the emotional/romantic/touchy/feely side. He demonstrated this in an interview too, where he stated that Stanley really did have a heart and described how the clip he watched with friends on the day of Kubrick's death was the last scene of "Paths of Glory" which is possibly one of the few scenes directed by Kubrick that I don't like very much.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-3-2013 at 19:16

Funny how that scene relates to the final scene of Full Metal Jacket. It's a bit of a relief after the disturbing scene with Timothy Carey sobbing on its way to the poles,starting off horribly as you sense a gang rape about to happen but turning into a breather. And ends with knowing the guys are to be sent to the front as soon as the song's over, and you can be pretty sure they'll be over the trenches and dead in no-man's land next.

Pages:  1  ..  126    128    130  ..  348

Go To Top