PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  141    143    145  ..  348
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 20:12

I'm very curious now. :) What decor could be so horrible it'd stop you from taking a bath in a jacuzzi?

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
Caputh
Hot Rats Status

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 22:41

Quote: Originally posted by BBP  
I'm very curious now. :) What decor could be so horrible it'd stop you from taking a bath in a jacuzzi?

Well...
The previous owner (not us, honestly, not us!), introduced a kind of moulding-cum-terracotta tiling-cum faux stone motif into the bathroom. Unless you're very good at tiling, this is almost impossible to remove personally. My wife's solution is to shower in the bathroom upstairs. My solution is to read weighty tomes in the horribly terracoted, but pleasingly jacuzzied bathroom downstairs.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-11-2013 at 09:51

Interesting. I'd close me eyes meself.

In today's Expy of Boringness, I'm knitting stockings. I've never knitted socks before. Unlike what is usual with socks, these are knitted from the bottom up, making it very easy for yours truly to make a pair of socks that fit her oversized feet. But I'm running into a problem: I'm using a US pattern and they instruct that you have to keep knitting in a certain pattern before you increase, up to the point at the base of the calf muscle. But where is the base of the calf muscle? At the bottom? At the top? In the middle? At the heel or a little higher?

Today I'll be dragging a guitar and an amp to my sister's, just before going to ZPZ. So I might take a bath tomorrow after all, to get rid of sore muscles.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-11-2013 at 15:12

Since my stocking is starting to get so big it fits my father, I'll have to uravel it. Beh.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 11:21

Busy recovering from the concert... Most of the sores have eased now but my back is still protesting.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

Mood: Not nessaceraly stoned but beautiful

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 11:36

Was it the last ZpZ tour that you had to leave early to catch a train back home Bonny? I know how you're back must feel, my back is always giving me fits after a concert too. It gets worse if it's a long ride to and from. Good soak in a hot tub will help that.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 11:42

That was Hengelo 2010, because Hengelo is truly in the middle of nowhere.
The thing was, if I'd known I'd miss my train and would have to wait an hour for the next train, I'd have hung around at ZPZ longer, talk to Unica 'n all.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 12:12

How is Paul anyway? You were going to mention him in the three part review but I must have missed it.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 17:10

Paul is fine, he told me he recorded the entire show (he had a great view from the balcony). I wasn't too sure if he recognized me, it's been three years since I last saw him.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 22:44

That's great about Paul. He always did take cool pictures and ended up in some too. You can see him on one of Dweezil's FOH releases in the crowd,front stage left. He's so tall and always has that baseball cap on, it's easy to spot him.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 13-11-2013 at 00:47

Went to the GLOW festival, was a bit of a let-down. Passed the bench-mark: I made over 10,000 photos with my camera since I first got it.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 13-11-2013 at 00:54

Quote: Originally posted by BBP  
Went to the GLOW festival, was a bit of a let-down. Passed the bench-mark: I made over 10,000 photos with my camera since I first got it.

I wonder if I've taken close to 10,000 pix ever!
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 13-11-2013 at 17:17

There's a thing about digital cameras, when you don't have to be careful with your film, you just shoot forever!

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 13-11-2013 at 20:35

Us old analog folks still can't get over the fact that it's not wasting film at all. I've gotta get me one of them thar digital camera thingy's! Looks like a lot of fun too! :cool:
BBP
Super Administrator

ninja.gif posted on 14-11-2013 at 14:12

Even with film I tended to get trigger-happy, although I had APS back then (almond-shaped film that's harder to get hold of) and I couldn't turn the flash off. Was a nice camera, but after I had a leaking battery, it'd been opened and it didn't make a single good shot. Was especially nasty when I'd manouvered myself onto a balcony I wasn't supposed to be, and took a picture of the view: it's a horrible gritty picture. At Brussels 2006 ZPZ concert I shot too many pics and didn't get any when I was within handshake-position of DZ. In the mosh pit.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 15-11-2013 at 10:03

Police came to the door, there's been an attempted break-in at our back neighbors yesterday.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 15-11-2013 at 12:33

Did you hear anything that night? By "attempt" it sounds like someone was chased off, what happened Bonny? Any of you property missing or damaged. Was it day or nighttime when it happened??? Is there much crime in your area?

I wrapped up 3 - 20 min. discussions on Egypt with my Egyptian friends and a collective-eclectic crew of 4 tonight at our DMA studio. One of my guests, Nancy Zayed, drove over two hours from the south SF bay area. She was the spark to a good informative show. I had changed the format from one straight hour into 3- 20 min segments with public service ads in between breaks. It should be more interesting this way and you can take a break in between each subject. I like it, it works for most of our people's time and I have open dates through Dec., so that's a very good thing.
I'm trying to get a friend Sarah Moussa an Egyptian activist to host a show for women in the Mideast or just Egypt. Haven't heard back yet, but I hope she can do it.
I started this whole thing at the beginning of Arab Spring, I hope there's a resolution in my life time. Where Egypt goes, goes the middle east. imho. They don't want to loose that respect/power.

Me back's killin' me or I'd be asleep right now. Ouch, I can't stand for long periods anymore. I saw you on Unica's you-tube channel. I have always tried to sit in front of Sheila. She' soo talented and a very nice lady too. Like you Bonny!
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 15-11-2013 at 19:58

What exactly happened, we're not sure, but they did smash in a window and tried the doors on either side of the house. Was a bit of a shocker, I did put my notebook out of sight for sure. Like, totally.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 15-11-2013 at 20:44

I wonder if it was just random or if they cased the place beforehand. Do your neighbors have anything of value that people would know about? I'm glad they didn't get your notebook, like, fer sure, totally out of sight's the best way to go, totally, ya know?
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-11-2013 at 23:59

Quote: Originally posted by KAPTKIRK  
Did you hear anything that night? By "attempt" it sounds like someone was chased off, what happened Bonny? Any of you property missing or damaged. Was it day or nighttime when it happened??? Is there much crime in your area?

I wrapped up 3 - 20 min. discussions on Egypt with my Egyptian friends and a collective-eclectic crew of 4 tonight at our DMA studio. One of my guests, Nancy Zayed, drove over two hours from the south SF bay area. She was the spark to a good informative show. I had changed the format from one straight hour into 3- 20 min segments with public service ads in between breaks. It should be more interesting this way and you can take a break in between each subject. I like it, it works for most of our people's time and I have open dates through Dec., so that's a very good thing.
I'm trying to get a friend Sarah Moussa an Egyptian activist to host a show for women in the Mideast or just Egypt. Haven't heard back yet, but I hope she can do it.
I started this whole thing at the beginning of Arab Spring, I hope there's a resolution in my life time. Where Egypt goes, goes the middle east. imho. They don't want to loose that respect/power.

Hey Kirk! that a hour long radio show you do? A discussion on Egypt with Egyptians? That's really awesome! Like Super Wow! Really impressed. People need to know and the best way to get a sense is thru personal stories from folks directly affected. Hope more and more tune in!

To reply abt books from last week - where does the time go? - I have a lot of books. As I get older I try to get hardbound ones as much as possible, and I take better care of them as time goes on, too. I Don't have a bathtub.
I don't write in or underline books anymore like I did sometimes, 25 yrs ago. One thing that seems to happen tho is that on a second read - like with the audio projects - is that binding splits on big books unless it is woven into something more substantial like buckhram or leather. So, even hardbound first editions get split because they are usually made with layered paper. Also with paperbacks of course, the glue often comes undone with focused study. Books I speed through stay intact, ironically.

Caputh I'll send a pm with a link for the audio collections. And good luck on your presentation tomorrow!
 Pages:  1  ..  141    143    145  ..  348

Go To Top