PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  165    167    169  ..  348
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 26-1-2015 at 23:39

I had a series of failed relationships until the age of thirty five (never simultaneously - I'm a monogamist at heart). By that stage I was resigned to being a bachelor. I had been living alone for a long time and was very happy being my own person. Yes, when alone I missed female company, but I wasn't going to have it at the expense of being myself. A partner should enhance your life not diminish it or make it difficult to be yourself, which is also a reason not to search for your clone. You already have yourself in your life and you would be much better off with someone with a different skill set (a poor abbreviation of a much more complicated point - two heads are better than one but not if they're the same head). I'm sure you don't only like people exactly the same as yourself.

At the age of thirty five when I first met my wife, I wasn't looking for a partner, it just happened. I'm not a very easy person to live with but I've been lucky to find someone who accepts me as I am. We are dependent on, and independent from, each other in equal measure. Remember that whoever it is you think you're looking for, you have to be the person they are looking for. Step one is to know who you are yourself, to maximise that person and have the courage of your convictions.

DED
Administrator

Mood: a happy upgrader feeling

[*] posted on 27-1-2015 at 18:24

snow in Boston 37 cm ??

Attachment: Stien1006.jpg (41kB)
This file has been downloaded 326 times

Check out our new http://www.3xploeg.com or http://www.ploeg.ws websites. Unix and windows combined
aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 27-1-2015 at 19:21

Quote: Originally posted by polydigm  
I had a series of failed relationships until the age of thirty five (never simultaneously - I'm a monogamist at heart). By that stage I was resigned to being a bachelor. I had been living alone for a long time and was very happy being my own person. Yes, when alone I missed female company, but I wasn't going to have it at the expense of being myself. A partner should enhance your life not diminish it or make it difficult to be yourself, which is also a reason not to search for your clone. You already have yourself in your life and you would be much better off with someone with a different skill set (a poor abbreviation of a much more complicated point - two heads are better than one but not if they're the same head). I'm sure you don't only like people exactly the same as yourself.

At the age of thirty five when I first met my wife, I wasn't looking for a partner, it just happened. I'm not a very easy person to live with but I've been lucky to find someone who accepts me as I am. We are dependent on, and independent from, each other in equal measure. Remember that whoever it is you think you're looking for, you have to be the person they are looking for. Step one is to know who you are yourself, to maximise that person and have the courage of your convictions.
These two points are extremely important, I think, that's what we found when my girlfriend and I met, we were very different but we accepted each other as we were, that's why it was so great the first five years, then routine interfered ... Now I hope it's not gonna be too long before I found someone like that again.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

Mood: Not nessaceraly stoned but beautiful

[*] posted on 28-1-2015 at 02:40

There will come a time when everyone will have a lover that loves them as much as they love them.
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 28-1-2015 at 17:35

Hit the town today, am freezing. There's a local cheepo books & crafts shop that has taken to sell stuff to make condolance cards. Weirdest stuff I've seen in a long time, silver and gold "our deepest sympathies" stickers.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 29-1-2015 at 17:52

Whoa, how long's it been? I finally managed to find women's shoes that fit in a Schoenenreus in Geldrop on Tuesday, the day after, as I'm about to leave the house I hear they had to shut down, and today the chain's declared bankrupt.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-2-2015 at 12:59

Went to my blind friend in Utrecht yesterday, we'd arranged to meet at 12:00 and go to the cinema at 14:30. I woke up about an hour early so I'd have time to do some PC stuff, but ceased that, sent an emergeny mail to Hedda and ran off to try and catch a train. Utrecht is the central big city of the Netherlands and as such the core for all train traffic - and there was a massive technical problem, so no train could enter or leave.
At 9:10 I arrived at the train station of Eindhoven - which would mean that at 10:30 I'd be on Utrecht Central - but all travellers to Utrecht were advised to go to Rotterdam. That's an hour and a half of travel extra, not including waiting for trains.

Fast forward to Rotterdam - I spoke to one aide who told me to give up. Of course he should have told me to give up when I was still in Eindhoven, not in Rotterdam. I almost called my friend to cancel, but decided to go for a second opinion - and that guy told me to travel to Rotterdam Alexander station, from there buses go to Gouda and from there I could take the bus to Utrecht.

Had to wait for 40 minutes for the train to Alexander - where I arrived after ten minutes and got in the bus to Gouda. My seat was broken, so I couldn't rest my back. D'oh.
In Gouda I got onto a disco bus with cute lights, but unfortunately during this trip I got very seasick.
Finally, at 14:10, I arrived in Utrecht Central, and from there I could walk the rest to my friend. We had to give up on the cinema but it was very cosy all the same. She currently has 2 pianos.

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 3-2-2015 at 18:39

the joys of travelling by train. lol.;)

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-2-2015 at 20:38

Here's the thing: she has a new and a very old piano - the old one is untunable, but very dear to her - she'll give it away to a friend but it'll be some time before that friend can fit it in, so my friend has had two pianos in her home for over a year now.

The old one cannot be tuned, and the new one she gets tuned twice a year - in fact she has a contract with Bechstein for this maintenance. Both my friend with absolute hearing and her piano tuner noticed the new Bechstein got unusually badly out of key for a brand new instrument - at the same time my friend notices the old one gets a little more into key. Is that possible?

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 5-2-2015 at 16:55

I started packing my stuff, threw quite a lot of stuff to the garbage can, gave a few things away, just one or two more trips to my former home and it should be all packed and ready to move in my new flat. It's a weird feeling going back to your house after one month of absence, some details are really difficult to stand. :umm:

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-2-2015 at 13:17

Poor Aqua,good luck!

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 7-2-2015 at 08:40

Thank you, Bonny.:)

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-2-2015 at 16:05

Got to deliver again, could time me at 2 hours 15 minutes.

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 8-2-2015 at 00:16

Is it better or worse than your average time?

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-2-2015 at 12:49

It's hard to put an average time on it since the amount of things I deliver varies from time to time - this time I could bring everything in one go but often I have to go back for the rest.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 10-2-2015 at 12:21

My wife and I back in the UK. Almost two weeks ago one of my wife's aunts died, which was sad, but we were expecting it because she had cancer and was very ill. A day later my wife's mother had a massive stroke and died soon after in hospital, which was almost totally unexpected. We are here to help with the family and attend the two funerals. It's been exhausting only two weeks after returning form international travel.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-2-2015 at 16:17

Goodness, Poly... that's a lot for your wife and the family to cope with, poor dear... My sincere condolances to you...

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 10-2-2015 at 18:55

My sincere condolences to you and your wife, Poly, that's really sad news.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 11-2-2015 at 08:21

Thanks Bonny and Aqua. We're bearing up.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-2-2015 at 17:36

News in my inbox this morning Dir en grey are playing Eindhoven in May. Rushed to buy a ticket, already too late for the first buyers meet & greet but I am going all the same. So today I'm experiencing pleasure overload!

Pages:  1  ..  165    167    169  ..  348

Go To Top