PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  179    181    183  ..  347
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 31-8-2015 at 22:09

First was the GP,but he didn't know what it was and decided I should get an eye doctor. His preliminary diagnosis was migraine, and after my master of all headaches the day after the research I could see that - but the blurry vision didn't go away like a scotoma would, so I relented and contacted the hospital when my eyes became bloodshot.

Today was the big day of the eye exam. Went well prepared with a photo of my bloodshot eye, a complete written medical history of the past 5 weeks, passport and insurance card.
With the appointment at 8:30 it was a bit early in the day for me, but still manageable. On the way there I spotted a frog that jumped away from right in front of my bicycle.
After checking in, I was picked out of the waiting room to get a preliminary check. The doctor had me sit at one end of the room and had a nifty computer screen with letters on it at one end, I had to read them with one eye. It showed that the right eye indeed is rather blurry, but I already knew that. After that doc pressed a button and a hi-tech machine used to test for myopia and such. Everything was bad for me, but there wasn't much deviation in that regard.
Then he put some drops in both my eyes for measuring the eye pressure. The drops weren't pleasant, to say the least. Doc gave me a tissue to wipe the tears in. I noticed the drops were a toxic yellow. Maybe my eyes will glow in the dark!
The pressure measuring device came straight from hell. A large apparatus with a bright light in the distance and a large pole with a blue light at the end poking out has to be placed pretty much on the eye - my right eye is sensitive now, the proximity hurt, not to mention the light.
He jotted the data down, did some more eye movement tests and eventually set me up to meet the eye doctor.

Inbetween the doctor visits I'm called to update my info. My old GP retired and they wanted the name of my new one.

The second doctor was thoroughly looking at the eye, made me do all types of test I don't remember well, but they were rather painful. All I remember is at one point he told me to look at a box and asked me if one eye saw a different hue of red than the other. The one on the right was a bit more red.
After the tests, he asked me if I felt one eyelid hanging down a bit lower than the other. No, why? He directed me to the mirror, and lo - my right eyelid was drooping.
He noticed that my right eye veers off. It has always done that, for as far as I know. I primarily look with left and ignore the right image. So he referred me to the orthoptist, and I got to the waiting room again.

A friendly little lady comes to pick me up. As I walk into her office, I immediately notice that her average patient is a lot younger than me. Children's drawings thanking her for curing her eyes line the wall. After some following the little lamp research, she sets me behind the Viewmaster Master. It is a device where each eye has to see a different image, and you have to merge them. The first one is a puppy and a dog house, where the assignment is "move the dog until it's in the dog house". The second one has a mother rabbit with one baby bunny, and the same mother rabbit with another baby bunny, and I have to merge the two pictures to see one mum and two bunnies.
Apparently I have a noticeable deviation on both sides.

So now I have two follow-up appointments. For my blurred vision, more data is needed. On September 28 I'll be getting more tests, and I need to administer eye drops an hour, and at 30 minutes, before the appointment. These drops will dilute my pupils and relax my lenses, so vision will be troublesome.

For the eye straightening - the orthoptist is fully booked. My next appointment for that is November 9.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 31-8-2015 at 22:11

There's this photo of the cultural festival Brabantsedag I've been sharing:

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 1-9-2015 at 18:51

Quote: Originally posted by BBP  
First was the GP,but he didn't know what it was and decided I should get an eye doctor. His preliminary diagnosis was migraine, and after my master of all headaches the day after the research I could see that - but the blurry vision didn't go away like a scotoma would, so I relented and contacted the hospital when my eyes became bloodshot.

Today was the big day of the eye exam. Went well prepared with a photo of my bloodshot eye, a complete written medical history of the past 5 weeks, passport and insurance card.
With the appointment at 8:30 it was a bit early in the day for me, but still manageable. On the way there I spotted a frog that jumped away from right in front of my bicycle.
After checking in, I was picked out of the waiting room to get a preliminary check. The doctor had me sit at one end of the room and had a nifty computer screen with letters on it at one end, I had to read them with one eye. It showed that the right eye indeed is rather blurry, but I already knew that. After that doc pressed a button and a hi-tech machine used to test for myopia and such. Everything was bad for me, but there wasn't much deviation in that regard.
Then he put some drops in both my eyes for measuring the eye pressure. The drops weren't pleasant, to say the least. Doc gave me a tissue to wipe the tears in. I noticed the drops were a toxic yellow. Maybe my eyes will glow in the dark!
The pressure measuring device came straight from hell. A large apparatus with a bright light in the distance and a large pole with a blue light at the end poking out has to be placed pretty much on the eye - my right eye is sensitive now, the proximity hurt, not to mention the light.
He jotted the data down, did some more eye movement tests and eventually set me up to meet the eye doctor.

Inbetween the doctor visits I'm called to update my info. My old GP retired and they wanted the name of my new one.

The second doctor was thoroughly looking at the eye, made me do all types of test I don't remember well, but they were rather painful. All I remember is at one point he told me to look at a box and asked me if one eye saw a different hue of red than the other. The one on the right was a bit more red.
After the tests, he asked me if I felt one eyelid hanging down a bit lower than the other. No, why? He directed me to the mirror, and lo - my right eyelid was drooping.
He noticed that my right eye veers off. It has always done that, for as far as I know. I primarily look with left and ignore the right image. So he referred me to the orthoptist, and I got to the waiting room again.

A friendly little lady comes to pick me up. As I walk into her office, I immediately notice that her average patient is a lot younger than me. Children's drawings thanking her for curing her eyes line the wall. After some following the little lamp research, she sets me behind the Viewmaster Master. It is a device where each eye has to see a different image, and you have to merge them. The first one is a puppy and a dog house, where the assignment is "move the dog until it's in the dog house". The second one has a mother rabbit with one baby bunny, and the same mother rabbit with another baby bunny, and I have to merge the two pictures to see one mum and two bunnies.
Apparently I have a noticeable deviation on both sides.

So now I have two follow-up appointments. For my blurred vision, more data is needed. On September 28 I'll be getting more tests, and I need to administer eye drops an hour, and at 30 minutes, before the appointment. These drops will dilute my pupils and relax my lenses, so vision will be troublesome.

For the eye straightening - the orthoptist is fully booked. My next appointment for that is November 9.
My ex-girlfriend had some of your tests when we met cause one of her eyes veered off, which gave her a certain charm but also headaches and she felt dizzy when she was tired, then she had to take a few appointment with a doctor to exercise her eyes and make them look in the same direction, now her eyes are ok, no more squint, no more headache, etc...

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-9-2015 at 08:42

Not sure if that's going to work for me. My sister had surgery on her eye years ago.

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 3-9-2015 at 18:36

Well, I hope you won't have to go through eye surgery.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-9-2015 at 02:14

Quote: Originally posted by BBP  
Here:
http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/brabantsedag
Starts in three hours!

Thank You! I'm way late, I've been away, but I think I can watch it still... :bouncy:

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 4-9-2015 at 02:31

sorry to read about your headaches and eye uncertainty. Disconcerting.

I had a minor ear irritation earlier in the year and would lose my balance, especially laying down and getting up from sleep. It got worse, off and on until I told someone. They said to let a drop of isopropyl alchohol sit in the ear well until it evaporates. The infection went away. The balance problem too. Looks like I'm lucky again. But I've been sick again this last week. A cough, headaches that have been better the last couple days. Visited my brother this week ~320km away in Wichita, KS. We went to a favorite bookstore there owned by an old friend and long time bookseller. He's a greek orthodox living in Wichita for over the last thirty years. Wonderful guy.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-9-2015 at 09:10

Hi Punky, nice to see you again and thank you for your concern!
Here's the summary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-bn7Un1LAE
The theme is known, famous and loved.

1 Vincent van Gogh - lived in many villages in Brabant - float shows absinthe, and Starry Night in money. "Who is mad here?" also sneakily refers to the immense amounts of money paid for his work.

2 Anton Philips - initiator of Eindhoven's biggest factory. The lightbulb-making glass blowers blow the life into Eindhoven, with many buildings made possible by Philips - the station, the Evoluon, the village... Actors display the many many products
-interview with Bjorn van der Doelen, cultural representant

3 René Magritte (it's the old duchy, including Flemish and Wallonian Brabant and Antwerp. The woman with the head covered is Magritte's mother, who threw herself into the river when René was 13. When René saw her later, her face was covered with her nighty.
Float won 2nd place

4 Jan Fentener van Vlissingen built a factory in Helmond that weaves cloth for the African market. Dresses in this float are painted live, during the parade.

5 Jacques Brel - this is a music video for Ne Me Quitte Pas. In the broken heart are several scenes of lonely men .

6 Ferdinand Peeters - invented the first successful birth control pill.

interview with the mayor

7 King Albert I of Belgium, commanded the Belgian troops on a very tiny bit of unoccupied Belgium during WW1.
Float won 3rd place.

Interview with woman from Heeze

8 Henri van Abbe - Eindhoven cigar factory owner (cheap labour attracted many tobacco companies to Brabant). Van Abbe was also a collector of still-living artist, among others he commissioned a self-portrait by Kees van Dongen. His collection became one of the most important museums of modern art.

9 Sjef van Dongen - when an Italian fascist zeppelin attempted to reach the North Pole in a supremity stunt, it was successful in the sense that they reached the North Pole - but they crashed.
Interview with the son of Sjef van Dongen.
This group won - to understand their dedication - it was 30 deg Celsius (hothothot) and they were wearing fur coats and pretending it was freezing cold for hours.

10 Peter Reijnders, inventor who built the early fairy-tale technics in the theme park Efteling. His mushrooms and the Indian Waterlilies (their signature tune is Afrikaan Beat by Bert Kaemfert) are shown.

11 Jos Orelio - opera singer. Died in 1926, so before our time, but he was very popular.
The children have real microphones

12 Hub van Doorne - built the DAF factory in Eindhoven, the world's first car with automatic transmission. The float builds actual little cars, that drive backwards since the DAF cars were known for their reverse driving capabilities (as fast as forwards, so over 60MPH).

interview with local resident

13 Ferdinand Verbiest was a missionary sent to China, and hobby astronomer. The missionary thing didn't work, but his astronomical influence was... ehm... (dodges bad joke) He removed one month of the Chinese calendar to make it work with real life.

interview with Heeze mayor

14 George van Heukelom, architect, designed stations all over Brabant.

15 Ambiorix - Germanic tribe leader who beat the Romans 2000 years ago.

interview with the organizer of the flower parade in Zundert
interview with local resident

16 Teunis Jacob Overwater - built the candy factory Red Band.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 4-9-2015 at 19:50

WOW!

Typing all that would give me a headache!
But I have done the same sort of thing before myself. Thank You!
I'm sending this along to family to show them a bit of what I delight in.
Be well friend!
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-9-2015 at 23:27

Labour of love! Glad you spread the word!

polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 6-9-2015 at 06:33

Been really busy at uni - have managed to keep up so far - first big test coming up Monday week.

Sorry to hear about your eye problem Bonny. I hope it can be sorted out.

I had a migraine last Sunday morning and managed to get through it without pain killers, so it seems at least that they're getting milder. I still felt pretty shitty for most of the day, but not having to take pain killers was a bonus.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-9-2015 at 19:17

Good luck on your test Poly!

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-9-2015 at 22:36

Scored a decent Japanese dictionary! :bouncing:

DED
Administrator

Mood: a happy upgrader feeling

[*] posted on 8-9-2015 at 17:10

damned. Found my super 8 projector on the attick with worn out belts. Yesterday I managed a swap with a new one. But now I have a frame error. I cannot cortect it enough. Some other films work well. I have to change something...but what. Its a Canon PS 1000.

Check out our new http://www.3xploeg.com or http://www.ploeg.ws websites. Unix and windows combined
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-9-2015 at 19:52

We cut down a tree today.

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 10-9-2015 at 16:36

and you didn't hurt yourself? lol.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-9-2015 at 19:24

We're both sore and scratched, but that's to be expected with major yardwork.

polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 11-9-2015 at 01:45

Quote: Originally posted by DED  
Yesterday I managed a swap with a new one. But now I have a frame error. I cannot cortect it enough. Some other films work well. I have to change something...but what. Its a Canon PS 1000.
I have no expertise in this but if it's a new one, how come it doesn't work?
Quote: Originally posted by aquagoat  
You're a real card. I have to admit though, this probably would have occured to me also if you hadn't pointed it out.

So, could zappa.com get any worse? The place has completely degenerated into a high school playground.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-9-2015 at 10:36

Terrible isn't it? Like watching a car crash or reading Youtube comments.

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 13-9-2015 at 07:34

Quote: Originally posted by polydigm  
Quote: Originally posted by DED  
Yesterday I managed a swap with a new one. But now I have a frame error. I cannot cortect it enough. Some other films work well. I have to change something...but what. Its a Canon PS 1000.
I have no expertise in this but if it's a new one, how come it doesn't work?
Quote: Originally posted by aquagoat  
You're a real card.
yes I am.

Pages:  1  ..  179    181    183  ..  347

Go To Top