PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  287    289    291  ..  347
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 29-8-2020 at 20:32

Orange zones?

BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 30-8-2020 at 22:13

Travel warning that holiday trips are not recommended.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 31-8-2020 at 17:48

typed a long forum post and seeing it gets lost !! noooooooooo

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 31-8-2020 at 21:05

Well, now that I have two hands (one and four fifths of a hand actually) available I'll summarize the story I'd attempted to write in full, only to fail when I pressed alt-F5 insteald of alt-5 when I wanted to make a Euro symbol:

-Woke up, took out the trash, found the garbage bag had leaked a nauseating brown ooze in the trash can and on the floor, so I'd have to start cleaning. It's a day that starts at 8:30 for me and I need to use all the time for my morning routine - never too happy with a cleaning interruption;

-Upon taking it out, disaster strikes. I grab my keys, but something green disagrees and pricks my left forefinger. It hurts. I pull it out and bring the trash container to the front.

-I wash and inspect my wound, it is small and not bleeding much although it aches, so I set to cleaning the ooze, thoroughly washing my hands, then making breakfast.

-While making breakfast I notice my whole finger has swollen to the point I can barely bend it. I put ice on it, but the amount of swelling is too much for a simple thorn puncture. I decide to try to call the doctor, but the tape informs me they don't open until 8, and it's 7:30. I app my boyfriend but he doesn't respond. I try to have breakfast and put several .

-At 8 I start calling my GP numerous times, but I keep getting the busy tone instead of the queue I'd normally get in. When it's 8:15 I should sit at my PC to get started, but I want to make sure I am not in need of dire medical attention.
I call my team manager. Not there either. Dad comes in and notices the stress I'm enduring.
I call my back-up team manager. She's not there either, but another team manager answers her. I explain what happens and she puts me on absent. Some time after that I finally get the queue at the GP, and BF responds.
I talk to the GP assistant, since it's busy she can only fit me in for this afternoon but she doesn't think it's urgent and recommends me to keep an eye on it. A few minutes later I head up and fire my work laptop, and call my team manager again to tell her I'm ready for work.

-I'm on senior tasks, which is a nice and varied set where we contact the client for things related to his booking - requesting group composition or other data, informing client of changes at his accommodation, but sometimes the major things - telling a client the jacuzzi is not available or dealing with frauds. In one booking it's a short-term one, arrival today - the accommodation doesn't allow groups where all travellers are under 30. With us home owners are allowed to place such restrictions, and they're put on the website - if the client books for a group of youngsters even if they are not allowed, and even though it's mentioned on the website, it's the client's responsibility, and he can either rebook to costs or cancel to a lot more costs - and since it's arrival day for this client, the cancellation costs are 100% of the rent.
I don't like to be the bringer of bad news. Fortunately for me, client doesn't answer and I mail a callback request, with one finger down.

After I'm done with the priority tasks I do the minor ones and pick up one that I haven't ever done yet - contact a client to merge his accounts. The client apparently had multiple client accounts and I was supposed to call him to ask if we could merge them. But since there were several accounts with the same mail address and phone number but a different name, I didn't trust it entirely and went to research.

Three hours later, I close some 30 tabs and wrap up research that showed individual is a fraud that has already cost my company well over 20K euros - inform my senior and go on my lunch break, two hours too late. And one of the fraud accounts just happened to be the one I just tried to call for the group of youngsters.

You know, those days.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 2-9-2020 at 09:31

Quote: Originally posted by BBP  
I try to have breakfast and put several ...
???

You know, those days.
Yes I do.

I hope your finger is getting sorted out.

I had some bad trouble with the middle finger on my right hand and then after much hassle for several weeks and no improvement following a mis diagnosis, I got a second opinion a couple of weeks ago and it was diagnosed as trigger finger. A few days later I had a steroid injection and it has vastly improved.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-9-2020 at 17:10

Ooh I forgot what I wanted to say there, sorry.

Sorry to hear about your trigger finger, my father actually has one. I hope your story helps to convince him to go to the doctor, he's had it since February.

Yesterday I found that the individual had made a new booking, I made a quick bid to senior to block the mail address, senior blocked it. Towards the end of my working day senior asked if I could put it in an Excel sheet. Sure! Except I don't really know much about Excel so it took me an hour and a half to get that done. I mailed it in reply to the seniors, the finance department and two higher up people...

Today I worked at the office instead of home, so I didn't have my work laptop, and then I found out I'd forgotten to mail the attachment.
Nooooooooooooo!

I phoned my dad, he was kind enough to send it to me but then he had mailed the wrong one... and in the mean time I found the SOB had made another booking last night - arrival today.

Fortunately Dad found the correct one, I adjusted it to add the new booking and finally got the ball rolling. I hope they get them as soon as they can. Heaps of stress and got a virtual pat on the back for it.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-9-2020 at 21:45

Just got back from a stay at my BFs.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 8-9-2020 at 10:38

Posted another acoustic guitar/drums duet video. This one predates Palindromatically Inclined by six months.

Cardboard Shuffle

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 14-9-2020 at 09:39

Lovely Poly! I have a soft spot for 6/8.

I love the slogan on the drum sticks. So many perfect pairs! :D

Sorry about being so quiet for so long. My holiday starts next week so I hope to improve soon.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 14-9-2020 at 10:45

Sorry to hear about your trigger finger, my father actually has one. I hope your story helps to convince him to go to the doctor, he's had it since February.

It depends on how bad it is, but it's definitely worth getting investigated. I was having a lot of trouble, particularly with sax and piano and I was beginning to worry about it being a permanent problem. Luckily for me, the cortisone injection worked very well and my finger is almost totally cleared up.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 17-9-2020 at 21:31

Pfff baking again. This time I'm making something with caramel. I don't like caramel and unfortunately it proved pretty hard to do - 2 tins of condensated sweetened milk (basically fat and sugar), 90g of butter and 90g of sugar, melted, brought to boil, then cook for 5 minutes on low fire, and don't burn it. And stir all the time.

Unfortunately the low fire had to be a permanently low fire - even when stirring, if I put the heat juuuust a bit higher, it would already burn. So I spent half an hour getting that to cook.

Condensated milk is weird stuff. It's 58% sugar and 9% fat.
I hope it turns out OK, I can't go back now.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 17-9-2020 at 23:06

Why are you making something with caramel if you don't like caramel?

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 18-9-2020 at 21:08

Three colour marble chocolate top layer.

Looked stunning, proved very popular and I could still take something home. It's not bad but it's really sweet.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 22-9-2020 at 08:42

Had my sister's birthday on the 20th, which was fun. My BF came and took me to his place, where I'm staying for a week to hopefully get rid of some stress.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 23-9-2020 at 04:25

Have a good break, Bonny!

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 24-9-2020 at 08:21

Quite different from the lifestyle I would've had at home. I actually go to bed before 11 and get up early (no easy feat). Spent hours solving nonograms and went gardening in BF's grandfather's garden.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 25-9-2020 at 15:50

I solved 11 nonograms this week.

It must be vacation!

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 26-9-2020 at 06:22

I’m currently embroiled in a painful computer upgrade situation.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 28-9-2020 at 08:31

Sorry to hear that...

After a week of rest (aside from my nephew's first birthday, which was exhausting - his brother is a handful) I'm back home, missing my boyfriend but sure glad to see my father again. He surprised us all by going to the GP in my absence, he's getting a cortisol shot tomorrow.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 1-10-2020 at 00:27

I hope your dad's cortisol shot goes well.

I'm still embroiled in computer problems, but every cloud has a silver lining. This situation has forced me to develop some of the less glamorous skills required for music production, which has turned out to be a big help. A major down side is that Logic Pro X 10.5 introduced some great new sampling software that was really making a big difference to a current project I'm working on, but now that I've had to go back to 10.4, I'm having to do that the old hard way again.

Pages:  1  ..  287    289    291  ..  347

Go To Top