PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  293    295    297  ..  348
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 23-2-2021 at 10:57

Been a bit quiet here since BF came over. He's still here being utterly adorable.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 24-2-2021 at 19:16

Guess what? He could stay an extra two days! :biggrin:

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 24-2-2021 at 19:28

That's good news!!!!! Enjoy, darling.;)
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 27-2-2021 at 00:47

Hey guys. It seems my last post here was to wish happy new year on 5th January. I remember reading Bonny's post about the Corona outbreak in the nursing home where her boyfriend's grandmother lives and typed a reply, but somehow it didn't get posted. Anyway, I've caught up with what I missed.

That riot in Eindhoven is freaky. Having been there it seems even freakier. It must have been pretty upsetting, Bonny. Those riots are orchestrated by right wing extremist groups. They're totally hypocritical as pointed out by that article you posted. Looting the small businesses that they claim to support against the deprivations of Corona lock downs.

It's not enough though, to throw labels like "right wing extremist" around and use fancy concepts like "ideologies" and so on. Close up, simple common sense psychological analysis of these people shows that they are basically disaffected sociopaths that have adopted makeshift excuses like "it's dog eat dog, man", to behave like complete assholes. It's like the term fascist, whatever deep analysis that implies, fascists are basically just jumped up bullies.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I saw you're working on a guitar rebuilding project, Aqua. How's it going?

And, long time no chat, how are you both going in general?

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 28-2-2021 at 09:06

Hey Poly, glad to see you back. Life's pretty good, as far as I'm concerned. What about you?

The guitar project is going well. I've removed the frets, and started sanding the body. It should be done pretty quickly if the weather remains shiny.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 28-2-2021 at 15:00

We've had pretty freaky weather here in the past two weeks: -10 (Celsius) one week and +19 the next. It feels like spring and two weeks ago I was still clearing snow from the pavement.

Just waved goodbye to my boyfriend, who's going back up north. We had intended for him to stay until Wednesday because I had the weekend off and Tuesday I was on leave due to dentist appointment, but since I had Thursday off as well, and a short working day on Friday, we could make it until Sunday afternoon. This because the car has to be back Monday and there is a curfew here. (which I know is worse in France than it is out here, it's 9PM to 4:30AM. All the same it means he can't have dinner here because he wouldn't be back in time.)

I've never had BF stay here for so long, over a week. Quite refreshing. There isn't much to do here at the moment but we went on walks, played computergames, watched some Baumgartner Restoration videos and Tod Browning's Freaks together.

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 1-3-2021 at 18:40

Bonny, if you don't mind my asking, why don't the two of you just live together? You've been together for quite a while, now, perhaps it's time for you to move in?
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-3-2021 at 21:14

We're both somewhat stuck to the location where we live, due to work and family. Plus neither of us is earning at top capacity - house prices where I live are towering and house prices where he lives may be affordable, but I'd have to learn to drive.

Watched Tod Browning's Freaks again with him of course, which was great fun. We rarely watch films together due to the distance, and I noted to him that we have primarily watched cult films (others are Clue and Kung Fu Hustle).

Looked into Johnny Eck after it - he's the one without legs and who polishes his gun in the ending) - he was a Baltimore guy like FZ, a keen artist, photographer and model builder. Together with his twin brother of normal stature Robert, he joined an illusionist in 1936 to perform with the ultimate maiden-sawed-in-half trick. Robert would heckle the illusionist, who would then call him onstage to use in his next trick. During the trick Robert would be swapped with Johnny and a midget in a suit that's just trousers - after the "sawing", Johnny would exclaim "I want my legs back!" after which the "legs" would run off, with Johnny chasing them - sometimes even into the audience. They'd be joined and swapped with Robert, who'd storm off angrily threatening to sue the illusionist.

I would have loved to see that!!
And here's the Johnny Eck-museum!
http://www.johnnyeckmuseum.com/

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 4-3-2021 at 18:22

Ok, I get it.

Freak is an awesome flick. I should watch it again. I didn't know about Johnny Eck, though .It must have been a cool variation of the trick. I, too, would have loved to see that.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 22:18

Work's exhausting...

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 6-3-2021 at 17:30

Yes Aqua, life’s pretty good for me, certainly better than just “I can’t complain”. We’re currently enjoying some delicious home grown watermelon. But, no Easter hay to lounge upon.

Remind me Bonny, it’s AirBNB you work for? So there‘a still a significant demand in spite of COVID?

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-3-2021 at 14:14

No, I work for the company behind Belvilla (nowadays that's Oyo Vacation Homes).

We are a link between home owners and people who want to rent a holiday home. Besides from our own website (belvilla.com) and our other brands, we have over a thousand partners that work with us - travel agencies, and web partners like Booking.com, Trivago, Locasun, HomeAway, and also AirBNB,

AirBNB is a horrible site - we don't communicate our prices to the client because they pay more for ABB - ABB terminates all possible contact with a client after two weeks and ABB clients tend to be the poorest informed about costs on site and such. Now that Corona is making itself known it's shocking how many people book without looking into the restrictions of the country they're going to.

Within The Netherlands it's very well possible to have a stay in a holiday home - especially for a family it's a safe and comfortable way of staying out - Belgians can still book within Belgium, the French within France... Germany and Austria are completely locked tourism-wise.

That said, I don't think this company will be around much longer, primarily due to mismanagement.

The demand is much lower of course, especially now it seems that this is the second Easter high season we miss.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-3-2021 at 18:37

In good news my spider phobia is calming!

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 12-3-2021 at 15:33

Bonny, are you trying anything in particular to deal with your spider phobia or just toughing it out?

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-3-2021 at 16:19

Looking up a lot of information and studying them in their natural habitat, moving forward to the point I can hold any of the spiders which freak me out but which aren't dangerous (notably Pholcus phalangioides, which are very frequent in my home and which scare me badly - partly because they have the same colour and "stringy legness" as my own hair. I have gotten scared of my own hair thinking it was a spider. And vice versa.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 19-3-2021 at 20:56

Whoa, has it been a week? I can barely think of anything that happened to me that's worth mentioning this week.

aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 20-3-2021 at 07:56

Time flies so fast. I barely saw that week pass. But I managed to hurt my right shoulder and my left knee at work, and one of my co-workers has to take the covid test cause he's apparently been in contact with someone who was in contact with someone who was in contact with... etc, etc.

And I'm bald again, no more hair on my face and head. :D
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 20-3-2021 at 11:17

:bald:

Sorry to hear about your injuries... I hope that your colleague's COVID free.

Enjoying a 3-day weekend. Think I'll do some more Excel classes.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 21-3-2021 at 04:23

Julie's dad has been in care for a while and has just taken a turn for the worse, so he probably hasn't got very long. It's very difficult to get clear cut information at this distance. We had a surprise visit from our eldest son this weekend, which was lovely. I've just entered a composition competition - music appropriate for dance. The winning entry is then used in a choreographer competition. The winning composer and choreographer then team up to produce a work for a performance by the Royal Academy Of Dance in 2022.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 21-3-2021 at 11:17

I'm sorry to hear about Julie's dad... all the best to you two!

Pages:  1  ..  293    295    297  ..  348

Go To Top