PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  347
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 8-5-2008 at 21:51

I'm with you Scallop, I don't understand them either.

Meanwhile, the official Zappa forum is really bugging me at the moment. It just keeps getting worse. Trendy's on one of his binges at the moment, Zombie is still acting like a complete asshole and now Swifty, who is another complete asshole, is getting stuck into Ronny and Ronny won't ignore him so that is also becoming totally ridiculous.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 05:12

I was amazed the other day when swiftkicknow was a total dick to Sabby. Really surprised me. I guess I haven't paid much attention to him before and am less inclined to now.

Generally speaking, I see the tension on the forum as a pretty natural outgrowth of the tension in the states these days. Notice that all the total pests are Americans and have a history of being pests, there. Now and then there'd be a flareup of this or that, but only once in a while. Nowadays They're all doing it pretty consistently. People are beginning to realize that things may not be the same as they've been accustomed having them for their whole lives.
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 08:43

Oh yeah. But the solution is not another forum. EG The Unmoderated (Calvin's private forum) has nothing but the "nice" people of the Z-forum, and practically nothing happens there. You just need so many people to keep a place interesting... and the quality of the Zappa.com forum lies in the high amount of pleasant, interesting people. Something like the Primus-forum has completely gone shit. 50 new topics a day and none of them interesting.

Solution lies in creating fun topics, which is not easy at all.

(Punky: What is it about Americans?)

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 11:16

Swifty was an asshole when I first joined zappa.com two and a half years ago. Interacting with him back then is how I learnt to ignore certain people. He's tried it on with me a couple of times since then but I just don't buy into it. I can't understand why Ronny is getting involved, he normally ignores stuff like that.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 17:11

woops

[Edited on 9-5-08 by punknaynowned]
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 17:28

I had never noticed swift's antics before. But he laid into catpuke too in a ridiculous way.
The thing is, I agree with his sig, in general. But that doesn't give him license to do what he wants and slime people left and right.
poly wrote :"I can't understand why Ronny is getting involved, he normally ignores stuff like that. "

maybe ronny's decided things are gone to hell anyway , he may as well have it out with his adversary. I'm guessing. Yer right though, it is kinda out of character for RN.

Noteworthy was the transformer blowin up in the alley, just before 9AM here. Probably the whole block went out. The power was back on though in 40 minutes.
Noteworthy I'd say, because it's been raining here off and on all night. This means that the hole in my basement that collects the seepage of water (into the basement from outside) can't be pumped out with the pump I have stuck in that hole. This is the first time I've had to think abut what to do in the event that the hole can't be pumped out. Guess I'll have to use a bucket. Didn't need to do that today, but at least I have a solution.

In the states, Prices for things that people buy most often day-to-day are going way up and rapidly. More serious investments like a house are also on increasingly shaky ground, financially speaking as well. So this hits not just the poor but the already weakened 'middle class'. When I say weakened I refer to the effects of the real recession we've been in since the 'dot-com' bubble burst in 2000. That has meant the acceptance of lower paying jobs by huge swathes of the population all over the country. If you can't make as much money you can't save money or buy new things. It becomes all about paying the bills and no frills. People were just gettin used to this new state of affairs and gas prices started going up and now food prices are going up, mortgages are defaulting and people are wondering where they will live and the poor can't find enough food.
And the thing is, These kinds of things affect people in all sorts of ways especially unpredictable when most of these people have never really experienced want of anything. So People feel more and more insecure.
that's what I think.

and does this have anything t do with the forum nuts? I just extrapolated. I Could be totally wrong.

btw Bonny, that's a great dynamic photo of yourself up at the zforum. Well done!

[Edited on 9-5-08 by punknaynowned]
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-5-2008 at 20:01

Oh dear... did you get enough sleep? You sound all down, like me on a bad day... (hugs) Must be the power failure...

Last major power failure we had was in 2006, when we were a full 20 minutes without electricity, along with 10 million Europeans. I thought that was kinda exciting though... fortunately we don't have to rely on electricity to maintain our house yet. It was the most beautiful full moon EVER. I could never imagine the little hobbits walking by the light of the moon, but now I know how much light it reflects... ahhh...
Having a mostly pleasant day today. Had a good night's sleep and dreamt about ZPZ.

...:) Thank you! It never hurts to colour the Z-forum, does it!

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 10-5-2008 at 06:44

thank you for your kindness B!
the topic is a downer (state of the statesiders) but I have so much to be grateful for and I've always felt that way.
I live in a city of 80,000. Forty Kilometers east of here is Kansas City and you can see the glow in the eastern sky coming from the big city. It's eerie and diminishes the brilliance of the moon. But you can go out in the country and not too far and not have any city lights and the stars are so much more brilliant here than almost anywhere I've been to in the continental US.
Luckily I can see the stars well from my backyard.
(:
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 11-5-2008 at 04:23

What are all the arguments about at the Zappa forum? Are they all just personal attacks and childishness?

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 11-5-2008 at 05:21

yep, not worth your time.
Sometimes it seems that zombie aka help, i'm a rock is trying to singlehandedly bring down the zappa forum. and Swifty has gone on a rampage being stupid, and isaac loves to flame anyone, trendmonger is particularly acerbic and even starting 'political' threads and Lumpy has decided to jump in the fray on anyone and Ronny's Noomies and catpuke have decided to throw in their lot against swifty's flailings for . . . attention at what he insists are random outbursts, disingenuously
and so on

nothing substantial
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-5-2008 at 09:58

And if you try to make something substantial, they'll butt into it and start their own flaming war. Even the "(fill in the blank) just died" thread has flame wars in it now.

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 13-5-2008 at 11:49

That sounds extremely annoying and frustrating. Is it moderated or do you think it should be moderated?

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 13-5-2008 at 15:33

Yes it should be moderated. The argument against moderation is that it's a Zappa forum and he was against censorship, but that is a straw dog. Zappa was not an anarchist hence his concern over attempts to modify the constitution and he would not have valued being free from censorship above the right to be protected from assholes. Believing in no censorship is not the same as believing that a small group of assholes should be free to muck things up for the majority.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 14-5-2008 at 13:31

The Z-forum is being moderated.

Just type Project/Object in a thread you'd like to see removed.

In other news, The Netherlands is on fire. Yesterday there was a huge fire in a college building in Delft, destroying a huge collection on architecture books and a valuable exhibition of famous chairs.
And, when I went to Geldrop yesterday, I bumped into a farm that was on fire. Unfortunately some animals didn't survive.
(and of course I didn't bring my camera. :umm:)

And then I've been bitten by a spider, ten minutes ago. I put the sucking syringe on it, cleaned it with vinegar, but it still :swear: hurts. By the looks of it I'm developing an allergic reaction.

Badchild
Apostrophe Status

Mood: 45 years and bearded

[*] posted on 14-5-2008 at 17:38

Hi folks,
I just read what punky wrote and i have to agree with him. The state of affairs in the USA is not very peachy right now and i believe it's getting on peoples nerves just a bit. A couple of years ago families were buying McMansions with almost no money down and had all the credit cards they wanted, but now their house is worth less than what they paid for it...And their non-fixed interest rate went up so now they can't pay for the house, can't pay back the credit cards and can't put gas in the car....that could piss you off me thinks....

How big was this spider that bit you bonn ?

Drove through a hail storm on the highway today! just a few dents on the roof....:puzzled:
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 15-5-2008 at 00:40

hi Mr Acadia! :D
the credit and mortgage gap (they call it a gap now) has got a lot of people weary already.
Government statistics came out today and said that last month's raise in prices is the biggest such rise in 18 years. They also said that the increase in inflation wasn't much at all (which is good news), but , they said, you have to take out food and gas out of that calculation.
and everybody else says, "What do you think I'm buying?"
crazy;

and y'know Bonny, I don't mind bug bites so much, even spiders. It's the itching after that bothers me.
baking soda and water on the bite helps. Never heard of a suction syringe which might do a similar thing.
don't itch it!
:umm:
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 15-5-2008 at 09:34

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
The Z-forum is being moderated.

Just type Project/Object in a thread you'd like to see removed.

In other news, The Netherlands is on fire. Yesterday there was a huge fire in a college building in Delft, destroying a huge collection on architecture books and a valuable exhibition of famous chairs.
And, when I went to Geldrop yesterday, I bumped into a farm that was on fire. Unfortunately some animals didn't survive.
(and of course I didn't bring my camera. :umm:)

And then I've been bitten by a spider, ten minutes ago. I put the sucking syringe on it, cleaned it with vinegar, but it still :swear: hurts. By the looks of it I'm developing an allergic reaction.

You just go right on up to that spider and bite it back!

What's the deal with Project/Object? What's the problem? I'm out of the loop!

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 15-5-2008 at 11:16

That spider (if it was a spider, I doubt that now) is very tiny. Fortunately the Dutch climate is too cold for poisonous animals. (well, there are adders...)
I could barely find the wound this morning. It's just a small,faint red spot, that hurts a little when you press it.
It didn't itch. It hurt like hell.

ZFT hates P/O. They'll try to delete any thread relating on P/O from the ZFT Zappa forum, primarily if they're started by Jimmie D.

Badchild
Apostrophe Status

Mood: 45 years and bearded

[*] posted on 16-5-2008 at 10:08

i dought it was a spider bon....mosquito?? wasp....they can sting you many times...and they come in all sizes.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 16-5-2008 at 14:55

I have no idea what it was... but I have been bitten by a jumping spider before and had a similar wound (but no allergic reaction). I was lying on the grass, so it's not likely to have been a flying insect.

Pages:  1    3    5  ..  347

Go To Top