PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  125    127    129  ..  348
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 17-2-2013 at 21:13

Here it is! Especially for Poly who didn't get to see it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE1jItsTrKU

Oh and Poly: they do have an "ascenseur" there.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 18-2-2013 at 08:36

Come on Bonny, those roadside restaurants are pretty neat. We had Churros and nobody got sick.

The housing market here is in the toilet at the moment. Particularly in Adelaide which used to be the sleepy town of mainland Australia and real estate used to be pretty cheap. In 2007, just as we moved back to Adelaide from Sydney - the biggest city in OZ and most expense real estate wise - the prices were ridiculously inflated here and crashed along with the Global Economic Tsunami. We lost a lot of money, but the move, and our lives were far more important than the vagaries of Capitalist economics. We are now doing things that were only possible with the move. The loss of money was bad but nowhere near the be all and end all.

The burst of the Adelaide housing bubble is only, after five years, just starting to catch up.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 18-2-2013 at 09:13

I'm watching that movie and you're making me cry. None the less I have been to the top of l'Arc de Triomphe before and took some pretty nifty pictures, I just didn't go up the last time I was there. I've just spent a hot and sweaty time out in the garage trying to find those pictures and it turns out they're probably in storage. It's about time I sorted out what is important to me and threw out all the junk.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

Mood: Not nessaceraly stoned but beautiful

[*] posted on 18-2-2013 at 09:18

Quote: Originally posted by polydigm  
Come on Bonny, those roadside restaurants are pretty neat. We had Churros and nobody got sick.

The housing market here is in the toilet at the moment. Particularly in Adelaide which used to be the sleepy town of mainland Australia and real estate used to be pretty cheap. In 2007, just as we moved back to Adelaide from Sydney - the biggest city in OZ and most expense real estate wise - the prices were ridiculously inflated here and crashed along with the Global Economic Tsunami. We lost a lot of money, but the move, and our lives were far more important than the vagaries of Capitalist economics. We are now doing things that were only possible with the move. The loss of money was bad but nowhere near the be all and end all.

The burst of the Adelaide housing bubble is only, after five years, just starting to catch up.

Everytime I've bought a house it's been a sellers market and everytime I've sold one it was a buyers market.Bush and lack of work put me hand to mouth for awhile.I still can't believe the banks want to push credit after inflating everything connected to that little card.People bought houses (like mine) for $100,000.00 + more than they were worth or they could afford...most all leveraged on credit.I'm not rich,but I don't owe anyone and after being a carpenter for a few years,I know how much it cost to build a house.I can make it as expensive as you want,for cash! Ha!
Bonny,you need to eat out more and get your stomach used to different foods.It's half the fun of a road trip and most places are desent.Look for the lories/trucks.That's where the good food is! {-
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-2-2013 at 21:54

nice!
glad to hear you're back and ... recovered. Glad you folks could make the trip!
also nice clips. someday I'll make it to France. I love those traffic youtube clips. I could watch them for hours, anywhere in the world, dunno why.
Geoff, I'm also glad to hear you're back and safe. But you saying you need to go through your stuff gives me the shivers. I have to do the same thing and have been avoiding it for years.
Kirk, it makes me happy you know where the trouble lies in the economic world. Simply that you are not an obsessive news nut and yet you still know the gist of what's happened and know to act accordingly. Many do not and will not investigate and continue to support the errant banking clans. So, it cheers to me to see that there are people out there who have a handle on it and aren't business section/ news nerds. Huzzah!
- and if someone would send my good wishes to plook and caputh with regard to their wives' health issues, I'd appreciate it. Just that I'm another on the list of those wishing them well and speedy recoveries.
~warmest wishes to all~

and a clip from the queen of youtube on germs and psychoses :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mive6ZfY_jM

[Edited on 18-2-13 by punknaynowned]
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 20-2-2013 at 23:54

Want.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 21-2-2013 at 03:47

Real good pix of Paris,Bonny.It looks like you had fun.You look real cute and excited to be there in front of the Louvre.I'd be excited too,but nowhere as cute! Ha!
Punknayowned,I'll gladly pass along your good wishes for Mrs.Plook and Capuths wife too.Good to hear from you.
...and if Poly hasn't told y'all already,he's downloaded some of his original songs on youtube.Pretty good stuff and on piano this time. Check it out y'all,it's on Geoff Pointers youtube account of the same name.
{-
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 22-2-2013 at 01:24

Okay Kirk, am I gonna have to pay you an agent's fee now? ;)

My good news is that I've finally been given a couple of actual tutorials to teach. So, I'm on the up, hopefully. I'm having a bit of trouble getting back into the swing of studying Maths, but I'm sure it'll come together ... I've always flown pretty close to the wind ...

The French is coming along quite well, the only down side is, now that I can talk to my French relatives directly, I get to keep up with their ongoing worries as well as the joy of being able to understand them. Don't get me wrong, that's not a complaint, but with my imperfect French, it's exhausting trying to make sure I've properly understood and not put my foot in it at the same time.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 22-2-2013 at 06:41

Quote: Originally posted by polydigm  
Okay Kirk, am I gonna have to pay you an agent's fee now? ;)

We'll talk after you get that big hit on the charts.....with a bullet! ;)

Punk,Plook lost all his contact info for you and asked me to give you his email.Do you want it here or on PM here.BTW,are you still on Zappa.com? Just let me know,he said he was trying to get a hold of you last time he was in Chicago with PIB and wished you were there. {-
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 22-2-2013 at 17:40

hi Kirk,
Thank you, sir.
I don't really go to the zforum anymore. I do enough to know the basics but don't post there anymore.
I sent plook a post just now with an old email addie and if that comes back I would like his new addie.
But my phone is mostly jacked and so I'm not surprised if he tried to reach me in the last year that I didn't get it.
Again, thanks for trying to help with the links and the good wishes extended etc.
"you know we gotta stick together..."

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 22-2-2013 at 17:41

lovely pics B. I'm jealous. Wish I was there
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 22-2-2013 at 21:16

Went to visit my blind friend today. We went to the CD shop together, which was great. I bought TBBYNHIYL, which in spite of its much uglier looks at least has the Bolero!

Unfortunately, my father is a little ill. He slept most of the day, poor guy.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 22-2-2013 at 23:59

Best wishes to DED.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 23-2-2013 at 19:48

He's on the sofa, wrapped in a snuggie clearing his olfactory organs on occasion. I did the groceries and the cooking today. Of course, today it was snowing. Wet snow but it still gets in your face when you cycle. And then the potatoes were on offer at 4 euros for 10 kilos, and considering we really needed potatoes and all the other bags were a lot more expensive (the same price for 5 kilos) I decided to bring it. Hobbling back all the way from Geldrop with a 10 kilo bag of potatoes is something I've done before, but not with as much other groceries on me, but I made it home in one piece.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 24-2-2013 at 00:35

And while it was snowing? Pretty impressive!

Eindhoven is latitude 51.43 and London is 51.48, so pretty similar distance from the North Pole. Hoe does the weather compare?

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 24-2-2013 at 13:45

Usually equally wet.
Anyway some of the snow stayed, got to clean the pavement again.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 24-2-2013 at 14:34

Is that it? Don't want to give a more detailed comparison of the weather?

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 24-2-2013 at 19:28

It's kind of hard to tell since the "typical" Eindhoven weather is at least as difficult to define: or maybe it's easily defined by naming it "ever changing". I've had snow on my April birthday, I've had a heatwave on my April birthday. There's no easy telling and I suppose in London it's difficult to count on it too.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 25-2-2013 at 00:45

Questions, questions, questions ...

So, is it within the same range? How do you define heatwave? In OZ, a heatwave means the temperature is around 40°C or above and stays that way for at least two weeks. Exhausting.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 25-2-2013 at 09:50

5 connected days of +25 C, of which at least two days have temps over 30C.

Pages:  1  ..  125    127    129  ..  348

Go To Top