PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  132    134    136  ..  348
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 11-5-2013 at 10:36

Not much happening here, besides a vicious storm. And two boys have gone missing: their father was found after having committed suicide. Large groups of civilians have helped out searching for them.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

Mood: Not nessaceraly stoned but beautiful

[*] posted on 11-5-2013 at 20:02

That's terrible, how old are the boys? No foul play?

Sunny and hot here. The Whole Earth Festival is today and tonight, culminating musically with Canned Heat and Barry Melton and The Fish tonight on the quad at the UCD campus. It should be fun and I've always liked Canned Heat. Henry Vestine is playing with them. He's an MOI alumni I haven't seen before without FZ.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-5-2013 at 21:19

The boys are Julian (7) and Ruben (9). Still no sign of them.

polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 12-5-2013 at 05:01

Like Kirk said, don't assume anything ... :shocked:

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-5-2013 at 17:12

Yeah, the poor lads... their mother must be in a right state.
Spent a lot of time gardening recently, since March was so cold the strawberries have only just got in bloom.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 16-5-2013 at 10:27

Am totally worn out today, been walking too much. Dad is on his way to visit my great aunt, who's 94 and in hospital with pneumonia.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 18-5-2013 at 04:18

Pneumonia and old age are not a good combination at all. My condolences to you and DED.

My Mum got suddenly very sick on Friday a week ago and ended up in hospital. After suffering badly for two days they finally decided to do a cat scan and discovered a hernia. It's possible she'd had it undiagnosed for a long time and the problems it's caused with her digestion could be part of the reason for her previous mental deterioration. Last Sunday she had major surgery which went much better than expected, but her body and brain had taken quite a pounding and her progress has been quite slow. I've just seen her today and she was quite coherent and significantly improved. The doctors are very happy with the outcome so far and she may be back in the care home by the end of the week. So it was bad news initially, but it could well turn into relatively good news, as it explains a few things that were getting her down quite a lot.

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-5-2013 at 00:10

on the mend is good, eh?
make sure to get your questions out as she gains some strength and may not mind talking as time grows short for all of us...
another thing that ended up being fortuitous for us as adult children was a few recordings I made of mom remembering things in her life.
Things that she felt were important only to her, in her life, turns out, influenced her way of seeing things and in turn, affected us whether we knew it or not. In hind sight her views, almost subconscious thoughts to her, has meant a lot to us, now.
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 19-5-2013 at 02:26

Cheers Ned. My Mum had been writing down a bunch of biographical stuff for some time before she got sick - it's certainly good to have it now.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 19-5-2013 at 11:35

That's great to hear that she's on the mend!

My great aunt of 94, a former nun, has just been released to recover in the same nursing home where her sister lives. She still lives by herself officially.
Unfortunately, her equally sweet sister has recently been hospitalized with a broken shoulder.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 19-5-2013 at 20:39

Two corpses have been found in Cothen, not far from where teams have searched for the lads. It's not certain whether these are the missing boys yet, but most media are putting two and two together.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 21-5-2013 at 14:58

Life sucks and then you die. Do we have anything cheery to say lately?

For example, my Mum's back in her room at the care home. Sounds like good news? No, I'm going to be finding a way to sue the hospital. I'll give the details later when I've recovered enough from being totally flabbergasted at just how shit some people can be.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 21-5-2013 at 16:01

Cheery? I do my best.. it's been very depressing, thousands of volunteers on the lookout for two boys, finding that their father strangled them with tie down straps and hid them in a drain, but sometimes I really need to focus on those things in life that make me smile and forget about horrible stuff that I cannot change. I spotted a lapwing, a pheasant, a cuckoo and a peregrine falcon today. And the clematis is in bloom and smells so lovely.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 24-5-2013 at 07:26

I know you do your best Bonny, it's appreciated.

My rant about suing the hospital has finally calmed down. Basically, with very little effort to contact me, they dumped her back in the care home without letting me know. Firstly, they didn't look after her very well, then they may have caused new health issues that weren't there before and finally they couldn't get rid of her quick enough.

She seems to be in better spirits now and her outlook is somewhat positive but it will be a very slow process, and it remains to be seen if we did the right thing allowing the surgery. One thing's for sure, she won't be having any more ever again.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 24-5-2013 at 11:57

Let's hope she doesn't need any more then. Don't let her break ankles or other joints!

Side note: Belgian researchers have introduced a class of elderly people to tai-chi. The elderly that did that, fell much less often and improved walking skills compared to the ones that didn't do tai-chi.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 25-5-2013 at 17:13

Exercise is vital, especially when you get old but it's harder to do.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 26-5-2013 at 14:58

Oh dear, and it was never even easy for me...

Anyway Dad and I went to the flea market. He bought a small reel-to-reel he's very happy with, bought me a Mozart symphony box and I bought two Mozart statuettes (I collect those, got 7 of them now and they all look so different!) and some knitting magazines at a snip. We also had icecream, the guy selling liked me and gave me an extra ball of ice. :)

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 28-5-2013 at 00:46

That's terrible about the boys Bonny and I'm sad to hear how badly your Mom was treated Poly. One thing is sure Bonny's right about Tai-Chi. It really helps the mind and body's coordination and isn't a stressful exercise at all. Quite the opposite in fact, I find it really relaxing, almost in a flowing meditative state. Real relaxing for the mind and body. (yes I do other things than smoke pot!) ;)

Yesterday was the first time I've froze in front of a camera! Now I know what all my friends meant by "you feel like a deer in front of oncoming headlights, only you can't move or yell". It was only in one scene and the rest went smoothly, but for me I was humiliated! I don't :swear: up! It makes people wait and get agitated, you lose your light and you don't get your shot. I wasn't quit that bad and made up for it in the end , but jeez, now I know that feeling. It's like a panic attack or something. I don't know. Everyone on this shoot had something else going on and no one felt right. So it was an off kilter day for all. Well if it don't look perfect, we'll do it again and I'll nail it the first time! Bet on it! ;)
It's Memorial Day in the states, so today I went over to Dixon where we have a big veterans cemetery and paid my respects. A couple of guys I new at school are there from the Viet Nam war debacle. I got a lot of strange looks with my freak flag flyin', but I figure that's what they died for. So we can all be free in our own way. Some of the Iraqi and Afghan soldiers and vets got it but those old farts from WWII still are tuff nuts to crack. But once they like you, they'll never waiver like fair weather friends do.......
That's all from California for today. Y'all have a great week!

[Edited on 10/10/10 by KAPTKIRK]
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 29-5-2013 at 12:09

I will! My sister's come to stay over! Yesterday I even got the garden chairs out, but unfortunately it's singin' in the rain weather again here.

KAPTKIRK
Honorary Member

[*] posted on 30-5-2013 at 01:54

So you almost had a Garden Party with your sis, that sounds real nice. I would have thought you'd like the rain Bonny, or do you like it from an inside view better?!? LoL It plays havoc on me hair! ;)
 Pages:  1  ..  132    134    136  ..  348

Go To Top