PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  40    42    44  ..  348
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 29-12-2009 at 14:26

Got a flat tire on my newspaper round. Cause was a long piece of iron shrapnel, about as long as a ring diameter and as thin as a needle. Because I cycled a little on it while my tire was flat, it gave two punctures near each other.

Fortunately I was nearly done AND close to home. Whew!

After I had patched the two leaks and put the tube and tire on the wheel, I heard a muffled blowing sound coming from underneath. One of the patches hadn't stuck on properly. So I could do it all over again. Whoopee.

Yesterday I looked for the section of Cranford II (a dreadfully boring English costume drama starring Judi Dench) that I'd been waiting for: four minutes. Uploaded them onto my account, but at the advice of another forumer I removed it very quickly. I don't want to lose my account now. I haven't backed up most videos.

Today I uploaded it again. Created a special account for it too. I'm now a 63-year old male from Beverly Hills.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 29-12-2009 at 20:28

pretty sexy, for your age. hahaha

polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 31-12-2009 at 02:39

Now that I've cracked this YouTube thing I got around to making a couple more videos and uploaded them today. One is me playing one of my compositions on acoustic guitar and the other is me playing another Zappa tune on the alto sax, now that I've been playing more than six weeks, this time with an accompaniment. You'll find them with the following links.

Multiple Folds

We Are Not Alone

Edit: I redid the guitar video because I originally used a program that reverses the sense in the video and makes me look left handed. The Eat That Question video will have to stay with me left handed as that's me after three weeks and I can't redo that can I? And, I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a left handed saxophone.

MTF
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: :booM

[*] posted on 31-12-2009 at 08:59

Today my wife Kathy spoke with her sister, who's a professor at the University of Wyoming.

On Christmas she attended a party with a bunch of other people who were away from their families for the holidays. One of them was a sociology professor from Los Angeles, named Maggie.

After the party, Maggie went home. Before going to bed, she went outside to have a smoke. It was about 10 degrees F, and snowing. Maggie slipped on the front steps of her house, hit her head and was knocked unconscious.

She froze to death. They didn't find her until the next afternoon, when someone noticed her shoes poking up through the snow.

Kathy's sister says she's been having nightmares. I can't blame her...
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 31-12-2009 at 09:14

Goodness, that's horrible! (shivers) -12 C...

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 31-12-2009 at 11:54

Apparently this recently happened to someone in the UK as well in very similar circumstances. Kind of focusses your attention, doesn't it?

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 31-12-2009 at 14:05

Today I went to deliver the New Year's cards from my paper route. You know that's when you go up to the door, ring the bell, wish the residents a happy new year and then they give you a tip.
I don't like the idea of doing that. It's frustrating when they ring my bell because I feel so obligated to give something on the spot, and there's never enough cash around... So I'd planned to write on every card to donate any tip to charity.

That writing was a bit too much. Plus I had to do quite a bit of writing because we didn't get the cards from one paper and way too many from the other ("Dear subcriber, because we have too little NRC cards we give you a Volkskrant card instead"). Instead I just put the card in the door, if anyone feels obliged to give they usually hang an envelope with content on the door. I found one only once.

I saw 1 lady with the financial paper. She was too busy with her groceries to see what I was up to.
4 people opened the door for me. I convinced two of them to donate my tip to charity, and the other two gave me ten euros.
(I have 100 subscribers. If they all give me 10 euros...)

MTF
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 11:05

Quote:
Originally posted by polydigm
Apparently this recently happened to someone in the UK as well in very similar circumstances. Kind of focusses your attention, doesn't it?

Uh huh.

We bought a car last week, and we gave my wife's old car to our sixteen-year-old daughter. Talk about focusing your attention...
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-1-2010 at 10:39

It's snowing now! And freezing. Fortunately my round was easy. I got three envelopes with in total 20 euros for New Year's tip.

MTF
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 3-1-2010 at 09:54

Here's a good one. On New Year's Day I was driving downtown. I went past the local 7-11 (a convenience store). It was surrounded by yellow Police tape; and in the parking lot were five Police cars, two ambulances and a white van.

It turned out that the white van was from the Coroner's Office. That morning there was a murder/suicide in the store.

Happy New Year...

[Edited on 1/3/2010 by MTF]
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-1-2010 at 12:32

Cosy... It's all happening around you MT... poor dear.

We went to visit Grandma yesterday and got caught in a lot of snowfall on the way back. It took us three hours to get home and we slipped several times.
I guess the secret word for today is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2UxyUgU2Ns

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 4-1-2010 at 04:27

What I meant by focussing one's attention was about how quickly things can come to pass and I need to knuckle down and focus on my goals for this new year. As if being 2010 isn't enough to do that.

MTF
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 4-1-2010 at 09:55

Here's an interesting irony for you.

Alfred Hitchcock used to live just a few miles from here. When he was planning the filming of 'Psycho,' he looked around for a building to use as the model for the Bates Motel. He found that building right here in Santa Cruz, at the corner of Ocean Street and Broadway.

Sadly, the building was torn down many years ago. But the place where it stood is right across the street from the store where the murder/suicide happened...
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-1-2010 at 21:14

yes,MTF, that's deffo an life-imitating-art irony
creepy

Poly -- I wish I had your resolve. Good luck!!
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 13:49

As a kid I loved to play with clay.
The last time I made something out of clay, I was 12. I had to make a bowl at school by rolling lengthy snakes out of lumps, putting them on top of each other, and molding them together. I was miserable at it. I never got further than three stacked snakes, and then my bowl would invariably crumble. We were given three classes for it. By the third, I'd given up so many times I didn't have any clay with my name on it. So I sneakily told the teacher my work was missing, and so I could move on to the next assignment. Which I didn't finish either.

Today I thought I'd revenge on that bowl. So I tried to make one using the same method... to fail.

Eventually I put most clay back in the package, and made a funny square head out of the remainder.

DED
Administrator

Mood: a happy upgrader feeling

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 22:33

Quote:
Originally posted by MTF
Here's an interesting irony for you.

Alfred Hitchcock used to live just a few miles from here. When he was planning the filming of 'Psycho,' he looked around for a building to use as the model for the Bates Motel. He found that building right here in Santa Cruz, at the corner of Ocean Street and Broadway.

Sadly, the building was torn down many years ago. But the place where it stood is right across the street from the store where the murder/suicide happened...

WAs it only the Motel or also the house where Mum (not) live

Check out our new http://www.3xploeg.com or http://www.ploeg.ws websites. Unix and windows combined
MTF
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 8-1-2010 at 09:31

Quote:
Originally posted by DEDWAs it only the Motel or also the house where Mum (not) live

Just the house:
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-1-2010 at 14:29

I love that house! (And Anthony Perkins too.)

It's snowing again. And poor Dad had only just swiped our pavement!

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-1-2010 at 14:17

Scored another fluke at the second hand store:
For 50 cents I found this:
[url]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zelda's-Adventure---Phillips-CDI-Game-RARE-Nintendo_W0QQitemZ290366689172QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20091105?IMSfp=TL091105177001 r12647[/url]

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-1-2010 at 15:35

Attempting to clear the house.

Adding to my post above:
Zelda's Adventure is the last of the three Zelda-games made for CD-I. It was made by the time CD-i was already dying. It met some very bad reviews: the animation has a very low frame-rate, the game controls are impossible, and the acting is dreadful.

As a result, Zelda's Adventure became an oddity. At a recent auction it fetched 58 British pounds, a current Dutch auctioner is selling his copy for 125 euros, and in recession-tame days it would score around $300 in auctions.

I, however, found it for 50 cents in the second-hand store.

Pages:  1  ..  40    42    44  ..  348

Go To Top