PackardGoose.com Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  49    51    53  ..  348
Author: Subject: Anything noteworthy happen to you today?
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 2-6-2010 at 08:22

Oh dear, dear pal, please keep us posted!

Today I'll be visiting the hospital again, to see if the metal needs to be removed.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-6-2010 at 18:19

Some juggling...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dXSTF36Q_w
"Don't do this at home, it hurts!"

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-6-2010 at 20:36

It's been one of those mornings.
At ten to nine, I played a little Mahjong on my laptop.
Nine fifteen, I stop playing, thinking "it's time to go to the physiotherapist now." My appointment is at 9:30.
Then I realize I'm hardly dressed right. I change quickly, discocer it's almost 9:25. I remove the bags from my bicycle, jump on and scoot towards my PT.
At 2/5 of the road, my chain comes off.*
So I raced back as fast as I could, stepping forward and doing even a little running, and then I used my dad's bicycle.
I was still on time! And exhausted.

*In my younger years, the city-bike I had used to have that problem all the time, and I eventually learnt to fix such problems without having to step down. But my current two-wheeler is older than me. It's very retro and had all these neat old features, like old-timey stickers, oldfashioned tyres, old saddle and a fabric chain cover.
The saddle and tyres have been replaced. The chain cover is an almost obsolete part of a bicycle, it makes sure your trousers don't get into the sprocket or dirty from the chain. But it's a neat gizmo. It's wrapped tightly around the support that is around the chain, and it closes with a shipload of metal rings and long iron pins.
Unfortunately that means that, if your chain comes off, putting it back on is a monstrous task.

I tried a hand at it myself this time. It took well over an hour, and my hands were (and still are, even after all the Hand Cleaner Red and white spirit) jet black. My chain is in the right place again. It was badly stuck, and miserably rusty. But it's back up there.

However, I tore up the fabric pretty bad in the process. I could perhaps fix it with ducktape, or sew it, but it's lost that old-fashioned spirit and I'm thinking of wrecking it off.

Huck_Phlem
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: cough*blowme* cough

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 06:19

Sometimes I wish I had a chain guard for my bike. Never gets stuck but it dirties my pants sometimes.

polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 7-6-2010 at 23:51

The last line of drugs just kept me hovering and things wouldn't turn back so 9:00AM Sunday they started surgery for over three hours. There were several possible complications with this, all of which turned out with the ideal outcomes. Sunday was a long, gruelling day, but by late evening, things started to settle, with help from painkillers of course. Early Monday morning I was wondering how far I might be able push it that day and the nurses appeared and almost dragged me to the shower. It was the best shower I've ever had in my life. Yesterday I ate three square meals and relished in foods I haven't been able to eat in a long time. I'll get back to you later as it's 8:20 AM Tuesday and I'm about to tuck into breakfast.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-6-2010 at 07:41

That's good news Poly! I'm glad the surgery makes you feel better (well, eventually... I know what it's like now and I'm glad I'm not in your shoes). Bon appetit!

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-6-2010 at 22:51

great to see ya on the other side Poly!
Eat Drink and Be Merry!!
Calvin
Apostrophe Status

[*] posted on 9-6-2010 at 03:06

Did they implant a sense of humor? Hehe

Hope you feel better.

Hi there.
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 9-6-2010 at 13:58

Well, it wasn't all smooth sailing. I had a setback yesterday, which was one of food management only, all physical signs of the surgery have progressed well throughout, although that wasn't always clear to me, and I had a hell of a day and night yesterday. We got carried away with the food and I got quite ill. That seems to be back on track and we're going a bit slower this time. I should be out within the week.

Thanks for everyone's good wishes. A sense of humour wasn't part of the surgery and I'm happy with the one I've got, thanks Cal, just as I'm sure you're happy with yours.

[Edited on 9-6-10 by polydigm]

MTF
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: :booM

[*] posted on 9-6-2010 at 20:57

Hey Bonny: aren't you glad you decided to use BBP as your user name, instead of just BP?
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 10-6-2010 at 04:07

Coming up to lunch today and things are going well.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-6-2010 at 08:59

Well... part of the reason why I didn't want to use BP is the link to the gas station, of course. I was very fond of BP because of their name, and I was gutted they changed their old logo into that stupid flower "to give them a more environmental image". It's a PETROL company for crying out loud!

We've had elections here. Bad news for the left wingers, but at least prime minister Butterfingers bites the dust.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 14:33

Late in the evening the following day and things have continued to improve. I have really been enjoying myself doing a variety of activities moving toward full recovery. The food problem, as horrible as that was at the time, did not prevent my healing to continue at a very good rate. Thus my proposed discharge date has only been delayed by one day and I should be home next Tuesday.

The really good news is that in the case of my disease, the surgery is a complete cure and I will be getting my life back in full with a bonus, which is the knowledge that something which has plagued the majority of my life in progressively worse ways until the last attack which came very close to killing me is now completely gone. It's probably genetic, my father has it, but he's 87 now and his never got serious.

This last attack began late March. I was trying the usual medications to deal with it and it was out of hand by the 9th May when I went into hospital the first time for a week. Nothing really changed when I got back home and ended up back in hospital on 27th May where further drug treatments were unsuccessful. Basically, my life came to a standstill on 9th May and stayed there until I accepted the decision for a very scary surgery with many attendant risks of failure, which took place on the 6th June and I've come out the other side.

I'm still getting my head around it as you can imagine.

MTF
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: :booM

[*] posted on 12-6-2010 at 02:39

That's pretty cool, Poly. Surgery is always scary, but to know that it's over and it worked is certainly a big load off your mind.

Congratulations! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:
aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 12-6-2010 at 21:31

recover well, poly! :roll:

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 13-6-2010 at 10:04

Been patting everybody's back here lately. A colleague of mine (that French cutie I used to train) has a brother who's just been operated on a nasty tumor, and since I'm the only French-speaker at my work I'm the only one that can sorta talk to him. Poor guy, he must be so lonely...
Mybest friend came over to visit yesterday, but he's going through some hard times too, and the same goes for my grandmother who phoned yesterday... and there's my ownshoulder which often needs patting... geez. I need some smiles here.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 13-6-2010 at 16:38

Thanks for everyone's good wishes.

I came home yesterday, it was a very big day for me of course and the first thing I did was play the guitar. I've got a lot of strength to get back which will happen soon enough but I was surprised at what I was able to play. I had a go at the piano this morning and that's coming back too. The sax will have to wait a bit, I still can't do a full bodied cough let alone blow into a saxophone. It's good to be back home with my family.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 13-6-2010 at 17:28

Great to hear you're home, Poly! Enjoy your music!

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 14-6-2010 at 06:18

the last couple weeks I have seen a lot more of my older friends than I have in a while.
One I hadn't seen in eight years, the other in almost two years.
One seems to be in a good place, though she was here on a kind of vacation and only for a day. Great to catch up again after so long.
The other looks to be a new friendship, or now perhaps a chance to more better get to know. Spent the whole afternoon running around and talking at looking at this and that, let the random places in town get our attention. Fun. This also involves spending more time downtown which means running into more people. So I run into many more people who say 'Hey! I haven't seen you in awhile. Can I come over and visit?"
So attendant days of guests. Conversation and eats and cigarettes and coffee. Like the olde days all over again. Conversation that zigs and zags.
I have a small downtown area within walking distance. Shops and streets, pedestrian traffic and people walking up and down on mild summer days. People watching Saturday afternoons. Watching the bourgeois stream in a blue sky town.
My kind of 'Waterloo Sunset'
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 15-6-2010 at 16:49

Aw that's great Punky!
My friend of 13 years came to visit me on Saturday. At least my ankle has incited him to visit me more often!

Today I hit the town for a Father's Day gift. And I came home with three bras and three DVDs for myself.

Pages:  1  ..  49    51    53  ..  348

Go To Top