Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Barack Obama's books
Jakeobs

[*] posted on 3-8-2008 at 19:43
Barack Obama's books

Anybody read either of 'em? If so, what'd you think?

BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 3-8-2008 at 19:49

He wrote books?

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
Jakeobs

[*] posted on 3-8-2008 at 20:59

http://www.amazon.com/Audacity-Hope-Thoughts-Reclaiming-American/dp...

http://www.amazon.com/Dreams-My-Father-Story-Inheritance/dp/1400082...

I'm too lazy and slow of a reader to actually READ books, so I just ordered the abridged audiobooks of both.

[Edited on 3-8-2008 by Jakeobs]

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 01:41

I haven't read his books and I probably won't. Remember that most of us here are not American Jake. At least literacy is an improvement on George W though.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 09:08

Scallop's right. I've got Balkenende's and Bos's and Marijnissen's books to read already.

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 4-8-2008 at 10:30

I would like to see him be President. He seems like one of the old-fashioned charismatic presidents that Americans used to vote for. Will you be voting for him Jake?

Jakeobs

[*] posted on 7-8-2008 at 02:52

Yes, I will. I've donated (and will donate again) to his campaign as well.

Huck_Phlem
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: cough*blowme* cough

[*] posted on 22-10-2008 at 04:58

I can't stand the fuckhead open borders commie piece of shit! Him and McAmnesty too and his dumb ass Sarah Quayle/Palin running Mate!

[Edited on 22-10-2008 by paradiddle]

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 22-10-2008 at 13:01

:puzzled: You may like to explain this to me someday...

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 23-10-2008 at 21:26

I saw the Libertarian candidate on uhh...Newshour, with Jim Lehrer. It's the only American news program we get here on free to air, but it's excellent. Anway, I forget this candidate's name but he actually seemed really competent. His name was Barr. He kept talking about a 'Barr Administration'.

zombie1210
Banned

[*] posted on 23-10-2008 at 23:50

He's a huge fake. A pompous, well educated fake. Nothing but regurgitated college tripe spews forth whenever he opens his mouth.

A huge pansy as well. He will let those who wish to do the USA harm, walk all over us.

It will be a dark day if he gets elected.
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 24-10-2008 at 15:32

more opinion please!
(:
My sister-in-law asked what I thought of Obama, back in May. Things like, if he would act like a representative say, of 'black' interests more than in the interest of the country [that's not how she said it but what she meant].
So in an email titled 'How the zebra got his stripes' I told her (who directs a daycare of 60 kids) what I thought.

I see Obama as a yuppie
(:
but because he's a 'person of color' I see him as more experienced in seeing things from the other guys point of view, whoever that is. He may not agree with that point of view, but can at least see it from the other guys view. I think THIS is why blacks and hispanics and whites and asians and different age groups have accepted, heck, embraced Obama as their candidate.
With a learned (often re-learned) understanding that the 'other' is me and I am the 'other', 'we the people' can move forward.
When we're born we see it like that. Little kids of every race can play together and everything is fine. Oftentimes the world will teach us these differences between people and then we have to unlearn it or learn that individuals make their own choices, say, and that sometimes terribly. But that it's a mistake to, simply put, 'judge a book by it's cover'. Even ofttimes of what they say or the words out of their mouths . . .

more opinion please!
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 24-10-2008 at 18:00

Well... Obama is too right-wing for me anyway. In a multiple party system like the Netherlands he's probably not make it either.
But on the Obama vs McCain test with 21 questions, all of my preferences were for Obama.

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 25-10-2008 at 01:46

Quote:
Originally posted by punknaynowned
more opinion please!
(:
My sister-in-law asked what I thought of Obama, back in May. Things like, if he would act like a representative say, of 'black' interests more than in the interest of the country [that's not how she said it but what she meant].
So in an email titled 'How the zebra got his stripes' I told her (who directs a daycare of 60 kids) what I thought.

I see Obama as a yuppie
(:
but because he's a 'person of color' I see him as more experienced in seeing things from the other guys point of view, whoever that is. He may not agree with that point of view, but can at least see it from the other guys view. I think THIS is why blacks and hispanics and whites and asians and different age groups have accepted, heck, embraced Obama as their candidate.
With a learned (often re-learned) understanding that the 'other' is me and I am the 'other', 'we the people' can move forward.
When we're born we see it like that. Little kids of every race can play together and everything is fine. Oftentimes the world will teach us these differences between people and then we have to unlearn it or learn that individuals make their own choices, say, and that sometimes terribly. But that it's a mistake to, simply put, 'judge a book by it's cover'. Even ofttimes of what they say or the words out of their mouths . . .

more opinion please!

I agree Punk. And it is rare that these people rise to the very top. Usually they are voted against and their advice ignored over and over again...And then it's the guy who is incapable of seeing anything from another perspective who gets popular by acting tough.

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 25-10-2008 at 01:58

Quote:
Originally posted by zombie1210
He's a huge fake. A pompous, well educated fake. Nothing but regurgitated college tripe spews forth whenever he opens his mouth.

A huge pansy as well. He will let those who wish to do the USA harm, walk all over us.

Oh yeah, the US is sooo weak. Totally vulnerable to a billion enemies. You have every right to be scared. What you need is someone TOUGH who will make the world frightened of America again like it used to be. The only way to solve problems is through intimidation and threats.

And it would be a real shame if someone educated becomes president. The most important job in the entire world doesn't require a education. That would just be elitist and nobody wants an elitist president.

zombie1210
Banned

[*] posted on 25-10-2008 at 02:15

Quote:
Originally posted by scallopino
Quote:
Originally posted by zombie1210

Oh yeah, the US is sooo weak. Totally vulnerable to a billion enemies. You have every right to be scared. What you need is someone TOUGH who will make the world frightened of America again like it used to be. The only way to solve problems is through intimidation and threats.

And it would be a real shame if someone educated becomes president. The most important job in the entire world doesn't require a education. That would just be elitist and nobody wants an elitist president.

Whats your point?
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 25-10-2008 at 11:30

Well there was two points i made there. 1. Nobody will walk over the US and anybody who is scared of that is a victim of lies and baseless propaganda. And the world is completely sick of American aggression being the first choice for problem solving. 2. (a) Criticising people for being educated doesn't make sense to me, and (b) the most difficult job in the world requires someone who is extremely intelligent. George W. is an example of why that is true.

zombie1210
Banned

[*] posted on 25-10-2008 at 16:29

Kinda like when we WALKED ALL OVER everyone in WWII when we saved their asses?
aquagoat
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 26-10-2008 at 10:35

or when you walked all over everyone in Vietnam.:rolleyes:.

[Edited on 26-10-2008 by aquagoat]

zombie1210
Banned

[*] posted on 26-10-2008 at 16:34

Sure, Frenchy. Whatever you say.

If it weren't for us, you'd be speaking German, you ungrateful fuck.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top