Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Forum Cleanup
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 13:18
Forum Cleanup

I just feel it's necessary to explain why I banned Isaac. I sent him, and Zombie, a final warning to clean up behaviour. He managed to insult me in his reaction through U2U, so I banned him.
It's terrible I have to put my foot down this way, it's against anything of free speech that I feel so strongly about. It's a shame that people can't deal with others in a normal way, something I never thought of when I took over this forum. Or when I wrote up the rules. Or when I formed my opinion on free speech. :umm:

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
Huck_Phlem
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: cough*blowme* cough

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 16:49

He just doesn't get social decorum.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 17:13

What's worse is how other people like to push him over the line.

Huck_Phlem
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 21:05

I don't. I refuse to respond to him.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-11-2008 at 21:09

Some do. And it just takes one to cause a shipload of bumps.

Huck_Phlem
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 3-11-2008 at 05:21

This is true. I just don't understand the whole bump thing. is he trying to burry the responses to his remarks?

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-11-2008 at 09:08

Yep. Especially the LP Sides Over 20 Minutes thread.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-11-2008 at 11:12

Well, as he referred to me as "psycho" I see no reason to post his PMs here...
Quote:
Quote:
Isaac:
Your behaviour has become so annoying, that you are namecalling forum members. As you are showing no signs of improvement and, worse, are completely claiming innocent in spite of the evidence of you doing so right above it, I hereby issue you your final warning.
If you don't start behaving towards me and other people on this or other community, I will ban you and delete every offending post. Many of the people you choose to harm "that are on an other forum" are respected users of PackardGoose.com and made this a warm, friendly place. Stop calling them no-lives or trolls, because they are not. You are with your behaviour chasing away these members and therefore you erased all the kindness and freedom this forum hosted.

Stop it, or get out.

Frankly, your behavior here is more insulting than anything I have ever posted, insisting that I am "driving people away" and "erasing all the kindness and freedom this forum hosted" when I never did anything other than sarcastically respond to a couple of stalkers who only registered to this forum once they found out that I was posting here. I am innocent. I am behaving. I'd just like to remind you that not once did I ever insult you or give you grief, and yet you still found time to refer to me as a "whino" and told me to "just stop assholing about".

"Freedom" is not threatening to remove the right to speech from an individual who has done nothing wrong.

polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 8-11-2008 at 00:43

That is exactly Isaac's problem, that he doesn't think he's got a problem. He has to have the last word. As you've said many times Bonny, not reacting is not reacting. Making a reply to say you are not going to dignify something with a reply is dignifying it with a reply. The fact is, everyone can see what his problem is and he is just being unbelievably bloody minded about the whole thing. Zombie was almost exactly the same. He was trying to tell you that Isaac was a problem and you replied that he shouldn't mention it any more and so he replied trying to tell you that you don't get it. That is just so dumb it's unbelievable.

The thing about Isaac at zappa.com is that the total number of posts from everyone who reacts to him, albeit annoying, is still less than the number of posts Isaac makes either bumping or justifying his own insanity. Mathematically, that is a very large number of people complaining about Isaac, whereas Isaac is the only one complaining about any one of those people. That is a complete polar opposite lack of symmetry. And when Isaac is not around, it dies down pretty quickly to a relatively pleasant place to visit.

Huck_Phlem
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 8-11-2008 at 08:19

bump :D

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-11-2008 at 22:53

I'm trying to talk past it a lot. It seems to be the best tactic, but as long as people still react to Isaac it's not going to stop. Gosh he's like my mother's husband who's manically depressed, continuously trying to get attention.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 9-11-2008 at 01:42

That's what I'm doing now with Isaac, making no replies or comments. I wish everyone else would do the same, but then there was a time when I tried to reason with him, so I suppose everyone has to work their own way through it. He is getting increasingly bizarre and his reasoning is becoming more and more disconnected and arbitrary.

I really think Galoot should be letting it go by now, whatever he's tried hasn't worked and it's time to give up. The point is that with Isaac nothing works.

Huck_Phlem
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 9-11-2008 at 03:35

I won't respond to him unless he speaks to me directly and even then ...
:drums:

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-11-2008 at 13:13

Yeah he PM'd me on the Zappa forum to clear up that it wasn't his address that Galoot posted.

I replied that it's irrelevant. What if some moron sends a death threat to that poor 82-year-old?

MTF
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: :booM

[*] posted on 10-11-2008 at 09:05

Isaac lives on Big Pine Key, which is right about in the middle of the Florida Keys.

Actually, he may not live there anymore. As of a few months ago, his father's house was in the process of being foreclosed. His father was also in the midst of some serious legal problems.

Isaac told me he might have to move in with his mother, who lives on Key West.

My take on Isaac is that he's basically suffering from island fever. He's very lonely and bored to death. He needs to get the fuck out of there and meet some real people; maybe a girl that isn't his sister.

Someone once told me that Isaac acts like he was raised by wolves. But I don't think that's correct: wolves are social creatures...
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-11-2008 at 09:44

Hmmm... seems like he has a lot of problems... I don't envy him.

Huck_Phlem
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 17-11-2008 at 03:47

I just tried to ignore him but he made me angry why he made me so angry I could've....

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 17-11-2008 at 05:54

He's getting worse. His latest stunt was to fake a screen shot of the Randomonium thread page with Galoot's name all over it. Doug pointed out he'd goofed because of posts with zero replies and then I quoted Doug and made some comments of my own - which is something I do rarely for Isaac now - and then Isaac came back with a mouthful of abuse which I will not reply to.

The point is, if he really is joking with that screen shot then he's in much worse condition than I realised. If he was serious than he's just an idiot, which is forgivable I guess, but if he was joking than he's building up a thread which is parodying indisputable evidence that he really is a pain in the ass, which is really out there in the denial stakes. I've come across some fucking lunatics in my time but none with his tenacity for the absurd.

Huck_Phlem
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 17-11-2008 at 06:12

I have come across internet kooks but he's about the 2nd or 3rd worse I have ever seen! One chick would create two or three screen names and start an argument with one and defend herself with the other. Even posing as an Italian guy once. Fucking nut case! so Isaac isn't the worst I have seen.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 17-11-2008 at 11:29

Quote:
Originally posted by Huck_Phlem: I have come across internet kooks but he's about the 2nd or 3rd worse I have ever seen! One chick would create two or three screen names and start an argument with one and defend herself with the other. Even posing as an Italian guy once. Fucking nut case! so Isaac isn't the worst I have seen.

So, she was the first and second worse? :roll:

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top