Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: RIP CDs
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-1-2009 at 09:13

I agree with Ded on multiple counts. The click clacking IS annoying compared to the dull slap made when flicking through records. I reckon the sound quality of a well kept record is probably better than the same thing on cd, and every album cover looks much better on a record cover, plus the liner notes etc. And I hate those booklets inside cd. I always find them hard to get out.

BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 12-1-2009 at 15:37

Some old tapes are remastered on cd by crappy producers... FZ WOIIFTM springs to mind.

Vinyl requires a lot of maintenance, especially because of static electricity, when you just can't get the dust off. And they need to be stored in perfect vertical position.

Plus it's very hard for me to see if vinyl is damaged. Dad may recall the vinyl Mozart requiem I bought: I looked closely at the item in shop, inspected it for any damage, and didn't find any. I got home and play the Lacrimosa: the track is continuously skipping. When I showed DED the record, he saw there was a real big dent in it, like something had fallen onto it.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top