Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Zappa Forum
Calvin
Apostrophe Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-11-2009 at 04:27

Now Joel Osteen is banned and has come back as someone else. Blah.

Hi there.
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 25-11-2009 at 08:59

Okay Cal, how do you know Joel Osteen has been banned?

Edit: Right, I just logged on to the Z forum and there he is doing the Isaac over being banned. Fuck, that place is really starting to bug me.

[Edited on 25-11-09 by polydigm]

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-11-2009 at 23:14

the Joel Osteen character never bothered me. I thought he was funny often enough to overlook lapses in 'taste'. To tell ya the truth I don't think he was banned. I could be wrong.
I never suspected tripmyster to be isaac. But now you mention it there are a LOT of similarities.

I'm more inclined to think that are you serious is the same as eddie kidding, darn accordions, shadow knows, diesel dummie, saggy nuts. But maybe that is MY knee jerk reaction more than a conclusion based on accumulation of specific evidence. Yeah, style over substance, since there's no substance.

On a related tack I think is the growing number of people who use the internet as soapbox without having anything to say. No, I do that too, for fun. But the one's who put up stuff constantly that is not just devoid of substance but seems purposefully to get in the way, to be an obstruction, makes me itch.

"I know I have nothing to say, but I will keep you from being heard as well."
Shows not just a lack of courtesy, but an unwillingness to acknowledge (or a willfulness to disrupt) the purpose of the internet: tocommunicate ideas.

Seems the showcase of bullies who never learned to raise their hand first before saying something in school. Now they seek their vengeance on the internet
:(
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 26-11-2009 at 09:17

Interesting thoughts Punky. That's pretty much how I feel about the Z forum at the moment. When you get together with your mates in real time there's always a certain amount of piss taking involved but it's generally light hearted. I don't get that feeling from the Z forum. It's like you said, a lot of it is just empty and I'm fucking tired of the malice - implied or in your face.

There's not always a lot to say when I come to the Goose, but I never leave here with a bad taste in my mouth. Okay, there was a shortish period back when Isaac and the Zombie were first banned when they brought their shit here for a while, but that didn't last too long. I'm very thankful for this place.

BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 26-11-2009 at 09:24

Hey, you managed to make a new topic out of that post!

I'm having problems with the Z-forum myself. There's literally no interesting thought going on right now whatsoever.

How about we start our own Polydigm Vs BBP topic there? I'm sure we could debate for hours.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 26-11-2009 at 13:40

I get your idea Bonny, but I couldn't bring myself to do it even in fun.

About that accidental thread, are you able to delete it, it's kind of pointless.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 26-11-2009 at 20:54

Oh sure. But the only way to make Zappa-forum fun for yourself is starting something you like, not by waiting for others.

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 26-11-2009 at 21:26

Oh, sorry, maybe I misunderstood your previous post. With "vs" I thought you meant a mock battle like the ones Isaac used to have with jpfunk. You're right about the fun though, you can either post in an interesting thread to keep it going or start one of your own. This brings me back to being a long term member. It's hard to avoid the "been there done that" syndrome after a while.

There was an interesting debate that broke out not so long ago about the nature of spirituality, but I've done that debate many times before at the Z forum and then Plook comes along and gets all pseudo scientific and I just got sick of it. I know, I sound like a depressing old man, but I'm not really feeling depressed at the moment. I've got plenty to keep me busy now that I have my own studio and a decent drummer to work with.

As a mark of how busy I've been, I recently went to watch an Adelaide band called Läther who play only Zappa material and they were really good. They played Echidna's Arf and I thought to myself, if he can do that, so can I. So, over the next day or so I transcribed the main melody from Echidna's Arf and by now I can almost play it without mistakes. I only transcribe and play Zappa's stuff as discipline and fun, I have no intention of performing it live. When I get a live band happening it will be to play my own music.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 27-11-2009 at 11:41

Wow! Great job Poly!

Ah... the old days... hai ku battles...

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top