
The band began rolling after this, with Inca Roads. Of my previous ZPZ concerts, the very best solo was not by Steve Vai, but by Dweezil Zappa. He
truly moved me in Brussels with his Inca Roads.
Unfortunately this time he was having problems with his SG. He stated this during the encore, which I filmed. My Inca vid shows him tuning the guitar.
I liked the performance nonetheless and I hope the Brussels solo surfaces sometime.
Inca had a fantastic solo all the same: Scheila was rocking her sax fantastically, creating a great response! She also played the flute later on in
the song. She was also singing, playing keyboards and playing percussion. Whoa. Respect!
Dweezil then announced they were playing something of Lumpy Gravy. Lumpy's my favourite Zappa album! So I shot the entire song: Duodenum.
I'll upload it onto YouTube as soon as I can.
I also recorded the next song, another favourite: Peaches En Regalia! I was surprised to hear that, I assumed they'd scratched that off the
setlist with Aaron's departure. But there it was, fun as ever! You'll find it on YouTube soon!

Next came the Roxy threesome! They'd also played two of them during the 06 tours and I'd heard them live with the fantastic Napoleon Murphy
Brock singing Village Of The Sun.
Ben Thomas must've had a lot on his shoulders, but he and Scheila gave a wonderful performance on Village!
After that, another 06er and another BB-fave: Echidna's Arf (Of You), a funky and bizarre tune I can never get tired of!
This was followed by (I assume) Don't You Ever Wash That Thing? It was another nicety with much improv.
Some more banter with the audience. The father of the cute kid described in the first post, was yelling Ship Ahoy! several times, much to the
embarrassment of his daughter. DZ finally responded to it this time round, which didn't stop the man from yelling Ship Ahoy.
Then DZ announced there'd be some Joe's Garage. YAY! He switched from his SG to his other guitar.
And then the band played Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up. I sang along, and it was another good performance, although I'm not too keen on the tune.
And then, the ever wonderful Outside Now, a very emotional rendition by Ben.
Dweezil then took off his guitar, switched to the SG, then changed his mind and grabbed the other guitar again. He explained that his mind was way out
of there, something to do with the chicken he had for dinner. But hopefully the next song would wake him.
It sure woke me! It was Bamboozled By Love! I like that song, and unfortunately my CD copy of TTR is scratched at this very song. So I really sucked
myself into it and sang along loudly (which I did all the evening anyway, even with Echidna).
Halfway the song, the band suddenly picked a much faster rock tempo! It sounded terrific!
Then I kinda lost track. The band was improvising much, starting with a great percussion solo, a Jamie solo over PackardGoose, a Pete Griffin solo, a
very awkward African style Ben Thomas vocal pièce de résistance with call n response audience participation, and something reminiscent of King Kong
with a Scheila sax solo in which she played, oh yawn, the Pink Panther theme. She also played that twice in her Amsterdam 06 solo, and once in the
Brussels 06 solo. The rest of her bit truly kicked ass though. You'll have to wait for my YouTube vid to get some clarification for this section,
as I completely lost track of my Zappas. I'm real bad at naming instrumentals.
Some more banter, which I captured on vid, and DZ announced Trouble Every Day! This song had IMO Dweezil's best solo of the evening. This night
he didn't really seem to be enjoying himself, although many of the other players were really on a roll. Scheila was fantastic, Joe and Billy
Hulting were awesome, Jamie set me on fire during PackardGoose, Pete always sets me on fire anyway, but Dweezil seemed really to be out of the game.
Trouble was his best effort of the evening, but still no match for any of the tearjerking solos he managed in Brussels.
Up next: Token Of My Extreme, the closer of the 06 shows, and the closer for this one.

(I wanted to shoot a vid, but I didn't spin the mode disk far enough. It accidentally made a Firework Photo instead of a film, so the shutter
time was really long. It has this bizarre but beautiful result!)