Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cute radio interview
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

ninja.gif posted on 29-11-2010 at 18:27
Cute radio interview

In a tiny interview with WABX in 1973 by Mark Parenteau, Frank talks about what the Big Note is. And he talks about being recognized.
It can be downloaded from:
http://www.studiowner.com/ if you sign up.

MP: Somebody asked me... our engineer here is a Frank Zappa fan, if you will... has asked me to ask you about the Big Note.
FZ: What about it?
MP: Well, all about it.
FZ: Well, theoretically folks, when you study in school about what everything is supposed to be made of, you know they say... well... this is made out of a combination of these elements here, and then you say "What's an element?" Then they say: "Well an element is one of those things that's... you know... a distinct substance, and then what's the substance made of, it's made out of molecules and atoms.
What they're talking about is like little dots and stuff, you know, that are all collected together into tighter and tighter packed little units, and then those little collections of dots are built up into big things to make Reality As We Know And Love It Today.
But my theory is that nothing is really made out of those dots, the dots themselves are constructed simply of a fluctuation between positive and negative, or a wave.
Just as you look at a wave on an oscilloscope you see a fluctuation between the upper peek and the lower peek, we hear it in the distance right now, it's one of the harmonics of the Big Note.
Now, to me, I think of things in terms of music, so it's obvious that my own personal perversions and paranoias would be built up from a harmonic basis, but if you can think of a note or a wave, the period of which is so long that you can't wait for it to (crest?) and go back down. And then consider that wave transposed into various octaves, suddenly becomes a series of solid objects. Crazy, isn't it folks? But that's the way I look at it.

MP: What do people say when they run into you at an airport, you're probably one of the most recognizable faces.
FZ: Well I think that the number of times that I'm being recognized these days is probably due to the fact that my hair is getting good in the back, and it's starting to get to be about the same length as it was at the time the toilet poster picture was taken.
MP: Oh, the famous toilet poster picture...
FZ: So I think I'm getting recognized more because my hair is growing out, but usually people walk up and say (little voice) "Hey, are you Frank Zappa?"

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
tweezers
Freak Out! Status

Mood: Watching the wheels go 'round

[*] posted on 30-11-2010 at 13:54

good quote Bonny - 1973 was a busy year for FZ
punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-12-2010 at 00:09

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
BBP