Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  25
Author: Subject: Plook on Tour
GrayGhost
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: Skeptically Optimistic.....

[*] posted on 26-1-2023 at 11:33

Hang in there Plook, best wishes to Kat's mother…..
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 26-1-2023 at 17:34

Marg is went home yesterday evening she has a huge knot on the back of her head and she fractured her tail bone poor thing, she is the nicest woman you can expect to meet...:(
GrayGhost
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: Skeptically Optimistic.....

[*] posted on 27-1-2023 at 07:06

Oh man that is good news, all I could think was please not a broken hip…..
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 27-1-2023 at 16:50

I know the hip is bad news from my past experiences, so praise the lord and lets try to have some fun...:)
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 27-1-2023 at 17:20

Now let’s return to the Plook on Tour Miniseries

The Bomb Cyclone San Francisco Egyptian Strut Adventure

Episode 2 – The Tour

The museum was bustling…:bouncy:

The Security Guard wasn’t playing but we made it through, not everyone was so lucky…:wow:

We entered through the eye…:cool:

We were transported to 1279 b.c.

We were greeted by a Stela that told the whole story and even still has part of its gold cap

Ramses cut in diorite we took it for granite…:lol:

Ramses ruled from 31 to his death at 91 he was a Warrior King who fought campaigns against Libya, Nubians, Sherden Sea Pirates (That became his personal guard after their defeat), and the Hittites who were his enemy during his Syrian campaign that resulted in the Battle of Kadesh the most well recorded battle in ancient history.

Ramses was a trained fighter and lead his troops from the front a skilled Charioteer, Archer, and trained in all forms of fighting he fought side by side with is army who were ambushed by the Hittites but he rallied his troops and drove them into Orontes River, he later signed the first known Peace Treaty with them that all other Peace Treaties were based on (Kathy was struck by the unusual looking horse Bit she has rode her whole life and rode competitively)

When you go before the King you get low to the ground…:freak:

The wooden box with holes was for burning incense…:kiss:

One of my favorite displays would show a ruin and what it looked like at the time Ramses built it, they know from paint flakes that everything was painted and this is what they concluded…:drums:

I did not get the before picture for this one but it was too awesome to leave out…:guitar2:

Sennedjem was a Priest who oversaw the painting of the outer wooden caskets and inside of tombs with their magic spells and text while they do not have Ramses which he surely oversaw, but they do have Sennedjem’s which would have been painted by his highest skilled apprentices.

Granit Ramses bust and coffin lid

The carved alabaster caught my eye the craftmanship is amazing working with such a difficult medium…:guitar:

Other stuff of interest…:roll:

The last thing I will bore you with are the mummified cats, apparently you would offer these at the temple to the gods similar to how western religions light candles they pay for at church. Now this went on for over 1000 years and everyone did it, they have found tons of mummified cats, some even got highly decorated coffins, my mind wonders to the inevitable cat farms at the temple ran by the priest as a cottage industry…:shocked:

Watch for our next Episode of The Bomb Cyclone San Francisco Egyptian Strut Adventure
ursinator2.0
Sheik Yerbouti Status

Mood: in between :-) and :-(

[*] posted on 27-1-2023 at 23:53

Thnx for that great report! That reminds me of my vacation in egyptland a little bit more than ten years ago (when i still could afford to). I have seen some of those historical sites and experienced this and that (including the worst diarrhea of my life). Best wishes to you and your beloved ones and a little support for your next round on the golf course:
Golf - Logan Kane Nonet feat. Katisse ;-)
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 28-1-2023 at 05:47

ursinator2.0 that was great we laughed our ass's off...:lol:
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 28-1-2023 at 05:51

It's Friday Night and Kat said the ship is Sea Worthy so we are setting sail...:grin:

polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 29-1-2023 at 04:39

Quote: Originally posted by ursinator2.0  
Golf - Logan Kane Nonet feat. Katisse
Great video!! By which I mean in its entirety - I really enjoyed the music as well.

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 29-1-2023 at 15:45

Gray are you and the Little lady OK down in the Valley, I was reading that there is extensive flooding across New Zealand?
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 3-2-2023 at 03:12

A new Episodes of Plook on Tour Miniseries drops now…

The Bomb Cyclone San Francisco Egyptian Strut Adventure

Episode 3 – The Dinner

Our storm traveler museum going quorum is famished from their adventure but a couple of drinks are in order and our cheer “Earth, Sky, Ocean!”…:drums:

We decided to take a Lyft to Scoma’s on the wharf because it began to rain…:)

The Story of Scoma’s

In 1965 when brothers Al and Joe Scoma heard about a small coffee shop on the Wharf that was for sale, little did they know they were on the road to creating a landmark restaurant. The brothers bought the tiny, six-stool coffee shop on Pier 47 that served local fishermen breakfast and burgers and began the long and ultimately successful process of turning the hidden local hang-out into one of the nation’s highest grossing independent restaurants.

The Doorman greeted us…

The Crew is ready to board…:guitar:

More drinks…:guitar2:

I had the classic Dirty Martini (so perfect) Kat had an Expresso Martini…

H-Dog went with the Expresso Martini and E had a Blood Orange Margarita…

The appetizers were Oysters, Calamari, & Crab Cakes…

The Entrées were Gulf Shrimp Lumachini and “Lazy Man’s” Cioppino…

H-Dog ordering desert…:biggrin:

The battle begins…:singer:

4-way split…:bouncing:

The gal’s saying adios to our wonderful waiter…:kiss:

Ready to board…:grin:

Heading back down the pier…:bouncing:

These gals got a sheet in the wind…:shocked:

Under the street light…:yawn:

Leaving Scoma’s Pier…:roll:

The street lights at night…:wow:

The World-Famous Pier 39…:)

The Love Bug…:cool:

H-dog is hitting on Beyonce better head back to the room…:lol:

Watch for our next Episode of The Bomb Cyclone San Francisco Egyptian Strut Adventure

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 4-2-2023 at 06:59

Its supposed to be a ship...

But we found this..:guitar2:

Alevin...:lol:

And there it is...:guitar:
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 9-2-2023 at 02:15

We have a humdinger of a week going at work...:freak:

Someone get we a Camel...:shocked:

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 11-2-2023 at 02:53

Well we had a loss in Plooksville my oldest daughters wonderful dog had to be put to sleep I wrote a little something for him that I will share here:

Barley’s Last Christmas

My eldest daughter and her family that live in Rhode Island had to put their dog Barley down today.

Barley was a very good dog, he was diagnosed with lymph node cancer and they threw everything they could at it to give him an extra 6 or 8 months of good quality life, but when the time comes you know.

Barley was my buddy, when they lived in Long Beach and my daughter was finishing her Master’s Degree, I often worked in So Cal. I would stay at an awesome hotel property on the nexus of Long Beach, Belmont Shores, and Seal Beach and see them and Barley all the time.

They had a great breakfast buffet at the hotel that included real bacon, I would wrap a piece of bacon up in a napkin to give Barley as a treat because I would see them ever day at either my room or their modest one-bedroom flat.

I always would say how happy Barley was to see me and my daughter would say of course he is your walking around with bacon in your pockets.

My daughter and her now husband first moved to San Diego where she got her Bachelors in Clinical Psychology, they then moved to Long Beach for her to attend Long Beach State.

They decided to get a dog and spoke with my younger daughter who had been volunteering with PAWS for years.

She encouraged them to get a rescue but was adamant that they travel to San Bernardino because the shelters near them were no kill and the one there was not so they took the arduous drive to SBC.

When they got there they were stunned at the number of dogs and they all had a very short period of time to get saved because of the volume.

This was caused by the crash in 2008 many of the people that lived in SBC were severally hurt by the downturn and many could hardly get out with themselves and their kids and an extraordinary amount of pets were left behind over the ensuing years.

After walking many tragic corridors of doomed dogs, they saw an extremely hairy dog with Dreadlocks and through his excessive bangs they could see his hopeful eyes. After spending a while there they asked to see the dog in a room, he was well behaved and they choose him.

The woman at the front desk began to cry when they went up to pay the fee’s and to arrange to pick him up the next day, she was so happy to see one of the hundreds of dogs go to a family.

When they picked him up the next day they groomed him which was awesome and not required, they said they estimated Barley was 2 or 3 and that by his hair and paws he was on the streets for at least a year but more likely a year and a half or more which was an amazing long time to make it without being captured there.

He got his name because they were crafting their own beer and thus, he was Barley the most important ingredient in a fine beer, he became the perfect ingredient to establish a fine family.

Although he had some separation disorder issues for a couple of years, he grew out of it and into a wonderful companion dog.

My daughter and her husband moved to Rohde Island after they married where they are both successful professionals, they have two daughters who loved Barley and have never known their home without him.

We had been discussing when the right time was I had a dog that also had cancer and I told her you just know when they gave it their all. She told me a week or so ago he had really sparked up but I had to break the news to her that their bodies usually take one last swipe at beating it and throw everything it has at it and it gives them a boost for a couple of days.

She called a couple of days ago and said she thinks I was right and it is getting close, but he still had some spunk and was not in pain, I told her when the final turn arrives you will be able to tell and she could this morning.

Their oldest wanted to be there, she is the brains of the operation at nearly 7 and they decided to take her. She grilled the doctor on the procedure. Obviously, she has her mother’s skill set being an assistant director for a major hospitals Institutional Review Board, they make sure everyone is doing their research correctly, my granddaughter was checking his process.

There were tears and I myself cried when I heard the news, but Barley peacefully slipped off to that big dog house in the sky where he will have real bacon every day.

Gods Speed Barley, Gods Speed.

We will be at anchor tonight...

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 15-2-2023 at 02:22

Wishing you all a Happy Valentines Day...:grin:

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 16-2-2023 at 02:19

Its Wednesday and we need some Hump Day Humor...:drums:

:lol:
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 18-2-2023 at 05:53

It's Friday Night and we have a Pizza on the way so let's get this done....:drums:

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 23-2-2023 at 02:21

We had massive layoff at the salt mines worldwide, we lost a certain percentage across the board (that's how the Social Democratic Countries like to do it) my group lost a guy we had for a long time I was shocked.

I am not sure what the process is but it could be put everyone in a groups picture on a dart board and throw a dart it is so random.

The good news it is COB and no one called me so I guess I get up and head back in the mines tomorrow...:guitar2:

This camel is happy...:grin:

polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 23-2-2023 at 06:50

Good to hear you're okay Plook.

Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 23-2-2023 at 08:25

Good to hear the Camel is happy:biggrin:

South of the Border
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  25