Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 15-4-2023 at 06:38

Good to hear Kat's better Plook

South of the Border
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 16-4-2023 at 02:57

She sure is she is at a car lot getting a new car right now...:shocked:

She was watching Baby J today and I was out doing things getting ready to have an epic day working around Plook Palace. I went to wash my car this morning and noticed my front right tire had tread separation. I took it to a tire shop and because of All Wheel Drive you have to change them all so I left my car there all day and spent over $1000 replacing them.

I called Kat I knew she had been looking at cars (her son works at a big car lot in town) and she said I am going to buy the car I liked. I just met her over there but they had to finish the paperwork and detail the car so I came back home to get some stuff done.

I'm glad for her she wasn't happy with the ride she was in for a while and she got great trade in value on her Honda CRV....I will post pictures when she gets it here maybe tomorrow...:)
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 19-4-2023 at 02:07

Kat traded her Honda CRV for this Toyota Rav4 she got a good deal and is very happy...:grin:

I told her with that white roof people are going to think she is Law Enforcement, I think I will buy her a light bar for it so she can scare the crap out of people when she comes up behind them...:lol:
Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 19-4-2023 at 03:59

^ Would sure make traffic get out of the way :D

South of the Border
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 20-4-2023 at 01:15

It's Wednesday Kat is on her way for her Hump Day visit...:grin:

Ok Kat let her new police cruiser go to her head...:lol:
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 22-4-2023 at 17:20

Numbers 4/22

Note: Today is an important date for me I posted this last year and a lot of people liked it, I couldn’t say it any better so I am posting it again. I apologize for any misspellings or grammatical errors in advance.

We all have Numbers a birth date, a graduation date, a marriage date, the date our child was born, the day someone we loved passed. We carry these Numbers throughout our life, we celebrate them, we dread them, we can have many numbers with many feelings attached good and bad sometimes both.

I have one of those Numbers April 22nd, it is at once one of the best days in my life and the one of the most painful days of my life so let’s do this by the Numbers.

April 22 2014 8 years ago this is a day a bad day the day that I lost my wonderful wife of 31 years another number, she had been diagnosed with breast cancer a couple years before had a partial mass, triple chemo, radiation twice and became cancer free. A couple months after her port was removed, she began having some balance issues and ultimately was diagnosed with 3 large brain tumors, another number.

She had Gamma Knife surgery and they got two completely and 98% of the third more numbers, everything was going well but she had a really bad reaction to a drug she needed to be on for the surgery and blew a hole in her colon. She ended up in the hospital had a colon surgery that failed 10 days later and the did the very massive surgery again.

Well, she never really came back after the second surgery she was in a post medical delirium and after 30 days at the hospital they moved her to a private hospital ICU in Folsom, yes more numbers.

After being there weeks, she came down with pneumonia and deteriorated very fast and was done with an air tub keeping her breathing the doctors suggested if I wanted I could have it removed, I knew Terri didn’t want this we had discussed it at length. I contacted her family to give them time to get here and we set the date Tuesday April 22 2014 at 11:00 am, so many numbers.

Terri was always in control whether you knew it or not, and so it was on Tuesday April 22nd. It was a beautiful spring day in Folsom California, the type of day Terri loved, cloudy with sun sometimes your warm, sometimes it’s cool.

We had several family and close friend’s bed side telling stories and reminiscing, laughing more and crying some.

At 11:00am our scheduled time for Terri’s departure I asked the staff when we could start and they said the doctors were late we needed to by law and both were stuck at other hospitals.

It was approximately 11:15, when I asked for the room, everyone left and I shut the door and drew the privacy curtain. Outside the clouds were obscuring the sun, so the light in the room with a large window was subtle.

I explained to Terri how much I loved her and how I have been dreaming of her every night and I want her back. I told her she fought so hard and so valiantly, that it was ok and to go to her mother, my dad, her stepmom, all her grandparents, all of her and my relatives, and even our good dog Bella…they were all waiting to guide her across…

The machines tracking her vitals began to drop steadily, the nurse knocked and entered she tried to bring Terri’s heart rate back up, she said uh ho. I called my son in law in the lobby and said get everyone in quick.

All arrived in time to see her pass and as she did the clouds parted and the sun came out, the light shone through the window and illuminated her peaceful face, it was 11:30 am.

The doctors couldn’t figure out how she passed on the machine because she not had another catastrophic failure, she just simply passed and they had never seen it before and actually said it seemed impossible, I told them my wife was always punctual.

We walked outside to see a magnificent sight of the entire area surrounded by clouds and the sun shining down on this little hospital on top of a hill.

As we looked up and imagined my wonderful wife’s spirit rising, a lone prison siren wailed from nearby Folsom Prison for just about a half a minute.

Typical Terri she always made a spectacular entrance and exit effortlessly, never late and always in control, she didn’t wait for the doctors and she didn’t let the machines stop her.

Needless to say that is a rough number for me but I have another Number it is April 22, 1978 one of the best days of my life the day I met my wife 44 years ago.

I was 19 years old and dating a girl, we were going to a hard rock concert at the Whiskey A Go Go in Hollywood on Friday April 21th 1978, that afternoon she called and said she was sick and couldn’t go. After mentally analyzing a very long list of friends I could ask to attend, I choose to call Roger who was a guitarist in a Garage Rock Band. I figured he would value the guitar work of the band playing, not one of my closer friends but a logical choice.

Roger accepted the invitation we drove to Hollywood, rocked out, and drove home. We got off the 605 freeway we were only a couple blocks from my parents’ house about to turn and Roger turned to me and asked, “Would you like to go to my girlfriend’s apartment, she has a roommate?” it was 12:05 am April 22, 1978.

Being a young red blooded American boy, I said “yes”, and we turned right instead of left. That roommate I met was Terri a stunning blond beauty, tall, long legs, great shape, and smart as hell, I was in way over my head but somehow it worked she liked me and we began dating …I have never before or since appreciated which way a car turned more.

Those are my Numbers good and bad.
tinkamok
Apostrophe Status

[*] posted on 22-4-2023 at 17:30

That is very touching Plook .
Beautifully written my friend .

"Music is the only religion that delivers the goods" F.Z.
Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 23-4-2023 at 00:24

A touching tribute Plook

South of the Border
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 24-4-2023 at 20:03

Kat went with the girls to pick out her wedding dress yesterday, of course I am not allowed to see it but she said she wants to wear black...:)
Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 24-4-2023 at 23:08

A good Pirating color :cool:

South of the Border
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 25-4-2023 at 00:43

I tried to get her to go for a pirate wedding but she wasn't going there, I even offered to buy eye patches for everyone...:lol:
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 26-4-2023 at 22:06

Kat is sick again!...:shocked:

4 1/2 years the girl was like the Energizer Bunny never sick the past 8 weeks or so, it has been one thing after another...:(

Currently it is seasonal allergies, it is bad here in Nor Cal this year because of the extremely wet winter following 4 years of draught, we currently have the largest wild flower bloom state wide of ever...They can be seen from the Space Station, that combined with everything else letting loose with pollen it is pretty intense this year. I have been having to use Allergy Eye Drops and Flonase almost daily...:wow:
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 29-4-2023 at 04:24

It's Friday Night and while Kat is feeling better she is not 100% and I got diagnosed with a heart arrythmia and have seen my doctor two days in a row and have to return Tuesday...:shocked:

So we have two ships on the reef...:duh:

Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 30-4-2023 at 00:56

Hope all goes well with the doc Plook

South of the Border
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 5-5-2023 at 00:20

I have some updates on my condition, I saw a cardiologist Tuesday and while some medication has stabilized my arrythmia I will need two procedures.

Both my Primary Doctor and Cardiologist said I can still exercise and ride my bike but not to get my heart rate to high. I leave on vacation to the Central Coast on next Wednesday and they both said go and have a good time, without doing anything to strenuous.

When I get back, they are going to do a procedure (Cardiologist said in about 30 days from Tuesday) that requires them to put me out and restart my heart. The first thing that came to mind for me was IT Support “Turn it off and turn it back on”…:lol:

The Cardiologist said that most of the time that resets your heart and you are fine, but because I may have been undiagnosed for some unknown time he wants to follow with a second procedure where they run a camera device up the main artery of the leg to the heart and check for injury, growths, scare tissue, etc., which they can remove in most cases during that procedure.

As to the cause they did a full blood panel and while I am quite healthy, I had low Thyroid T4 levels (I have no idea what that means) but that can be the cause although neither Doctor wants to make an assessment of what triggered this until they have more information.

The Cardiologist did explain that 30% of all people over 60 years of age develop arrythmia/afib, the issue was when I saw my Primary Doctor for my regular check-up last Thursday my blood pressure was good as well as my pulse rate, but during the examine when he was listening to my heart he asked “Can you feel that?”, I said “What?”, he said your heart.

I did not feel anything he decide to do an EKG and I was in an Afib Arrhythmia he prescribed to two meds to take immediately and wanted me back the next day. I saw the print out from the EKG and it was all over the place, I read matrix charts and graphs all the time for work and I did not need to be a doctor to see that pattern was waked out.

The next day after having two doses of meds still had a high heart rate but the pattern was very good, and when they tested me Tuesday it was even better.

So even though I have exceeded my expiration date they are going to stretch more time out of me like an old block of cheese, trim the edges and keep using it…:shocked:

Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 5-5-2023 at 09:05

Enjoy your Hols Plook and take it easy

South of the Border
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 5-5-2023 at 09:36

My eldest son has had AF since his early twenties. It's a bit freaky that's for sure. I hope your procedures go well, man.

tinkamok
Apostrophe Status

[*] posted on 5-5-2023 at 12:48

Enjoy a nice relaxing holiday Plook and good luck with your treatment .

"Music is the only religion that delivers the goods" F.Z.
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 5-5-2023 at 18:15

Thank you all, I just did my Petit Workout and I feel good...one step at a time...:)
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 6-5-2023 at 01:31

It's Friday Night but out of an abundance of caution we are taking out this ship...:lol:

But if we get to much wrestling going then OH NO!....:shocked:

;)
 Pages:  1  ..  11    13    15  ..  26

Go To Top