Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  23    25  26
Author: Subject: Plook on Tour
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 22-3-2024 at 20:51

OMG I am in training for scoping radio sites for mobile phones and I am pretty sure I if I owned a gun I would shot myself...:lol:

This is going to be a painful transition...:(
Henry
Hot Rats Status

[*] posted on 23-3-2024 at 11:30

Quote: Originally posted by Plook  
OMG I am in training for scoping radio sites for mobile phones and I am pretty sure I if I owned a gun I would shot myself...:lol:

This is going to be a painful transition...:(

That sounds like a curious job Plook. You must be in the CIA.:cool:
polydigm
King Kong Status

Mood: Inspired

[*] posted on 26-3-2024 at 00:44

Quote: Originally posted by Eddie RUKidding  
Careful you will burn Plooks eyes out again :biggrin:
Are you going to go back and edit that post? All you have to do is replace [img] with [img=600x800]. For future reference, all you have to do is find out the resolution of the picture you want to post and use an appropriately scaled size for it. Your one here is 3032 x 4048, which is why I used a 3:4 ratio of 600x800.

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 26-3-2024 at 01:09

True story we were working at the main west coast hub for the internet coming from the far east when the site technician discovered the splice by the NSA and that it was located where they could gather domestic side not just the international traffic.

There is a great show about this on PBS from 2009 called The Spy Factory. After the set up about the cause, terrorism, it gives a good look at internet backbone which I worked on for 10 years.

The last 13 years I have been working in the mobile device end, started on CORE which is internet backbone for mobile phones that lasted 7 years. Since I worked with Radio Base Sites (Cell Towers, etc.), Small Cell which is replacing WiFi out doors, In-Building which is replacing WiFi indoors, Private Networks which is an indoor cell solution for business's, and now they are shipping me off to Material Ordering.

A total waste of my expertise and something I do not like or want to do, but it may be the only way to keep my job for a couple more years until I retire.

I did apply internally for a Senior Construction Manager job for the Pacific Northwest that I have not heard back about, it pays substantially more, but it brings with it a lot more heartburn and going back on the road which I did for more than 15 years with 7 years being constantly gone as the Plook on Tour readers know well.

Well I said to much motivated by great disappointment...:freak:

When I started...:shocked:

Now...:lol:

Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 26-3-2024 at 01:16

when did it all start to go wrong Plook- I hate Aps they do my head in :devil:

South of the Border
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 27-3-2024 at 00:07

For me when they decided to off shore a bunch of positions, the only reason I was affected was due to me and some others being moved under that groups umbrella about 2 1/2 years ago...When I brought that up it was said to me that I was "on a ship that was sailing and I needed to get off". That is proving much more difficult than I imagined, I am just trying to survive until August for now.
Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 27-3-2024 at 00:34

Seems like hard times in the US.

We are largely not affected by the economic downturn in Oz (so far) my son however works out of Adelaide in Cyber Security for a Norwegian company that seems to not be making the money they want and is enforcing - must take accursed annual leave and only travel when approved by CEO requirements on employees- sounds like a lead up to selling the company.

I'm just glad to be semi retired, although I worked 30 hours last week and will be similar this week- and its cutting in on my Zappa listening and guitar playing time :D

South of the Border
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 30-3-2024 at 00:53

Well I survived another week of Scoping Training and my brain feels like this...:lol:

I would like to break out the Pirate Ship but Kat is a little under the weather so she be staying docked...:lol:

The Jellyfish sleeps tonight...;)

polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 30-3-2024 at 09:51

I love that machine gif.

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 30-3-2024 at 19:39

LOL...Poly I ended up staring at it for a long time, it is something...:lol:
Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 30-3-2024 at 22:45

It makes my brain hurt lol
I'm sure an economist would say its non optimal :D

South of the Border
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 5-4-2024 at 20:26

It's Your Friday Update....:singer:

Kat went back to work after going to urgent care and staying home all week...:grin:

I started a new job Monday, as I said I was working in BOM (Bill Of Material) creation which was not a good fit for me because I do not know all the different material (there are over 6000 items on one of the 3 lists we use) I complained last week (after 2 weeks of training) that I am familiar with the material but I don't know a CEQ.328861 TMA Amplifier from a CEQ.328862 TMA Amplifier...:puzzled:

I am now in SAQ (Site Acquisition) where we assess the site for the new scope of work, this I can do and I actually turned in 3 sites this week already....:guitar2:

The problem is two fold, one the director wants certain production levels regardless of issues with the site documentation and the shortfalls of the drone photos he is basically running a salt mine...:umm:

At least the process flow is less complex...:lol:

I should be good till my next pre-selected termination date of August, at least that gives me time to cook up another job saver....:drums:

Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 5-4-2024 at 21:29

Maybe you could geta job doing process flow diagrams or charge money per view of a Plook Blog lol

PS we have some else looking to buy the Cohuna house, after the last lot got scared off by the neighbours but this lot don't want to settle until September (maybe they are OZ rules football fans :shy: - Poly will get it)
So will see and definitely get a non refundable deposit if it goes thru.
PPS apparently this lot noticed the bogan neighbours but loves the house and kitchen so much that the wife said to the real estate agent- "Oh it will be ok I will just smile and wave to them" :bouncing:

South of the Border
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 6-4-2024 at 19:50

Eddie I have been known to flow...:lol:

Maybe I can get Bonny to monetize my posts...:D

Great news hopefully you found someone willing to put with those POS's next door...:grin:
Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 6-4-2024 at 20:04

Thanks Plook the Bogans are a tough act to follow- was thinking I could sell a script to the producers of Housos- I have a mate in Darwin who is a friend of Paul Fenech (producer of Housos) lol
Example below
https://youtu.be/e9KAZiPstR4

South of the Border
Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 13-4-2024 at 21:56

The Week That Was Update!

The good news is I am doing well in the Site Acquisition position, it is very complex but I am really good at analyzing cell sites and determining what the scope of work will be... :forumsmiley238:

The bad news is I found out Thursday I did not get the Senior Construction Manager position I had applied for internally, well everyone thought I was the most qualified person there were probably others that were equal too or slightly lesser but younger...I am pretty sure I got aged out for the position, very disappointing...:forumsmiley153:

The upside is I have until the end of August to find another position or prove that I am good enough at Site Acquisition to keep me on, all I can do is keep on rockin'...:guitar:...and hang in there...:forumsmiley288:

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 20-4-2024 at 01:12

It's Friday Night and here is your Update....:singer:

I thought I was a goner on Tuesday they said 60% of the Site Reviews we were working on got sent to a subcontractor...:shocked:

It turns out everything is fine and we have to review their work, so back to good until August...:bouncy:

Kats finally feeling better she had a rough go of it but the Pirate Girl is back...:forumsmiley111:

I better make sure the ship is sea worthy...:guitar2:

Eddie RUKidding
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 20-4-2024 at 09:14

Well done Plook on the Job- nice rack too :mad:

South of the Border
polydigm
King Kong Status

[*] posted on 21-4-2024 at 04:43

Sounds a bit like being asked to train your replacement.

Plook
Sheik Yerbouti Status

[*] posted on 22-4-2024 at 16:46

Poly - Yes I did.
 Pages:  1  ..  23    25  26

Go To Top