Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: James Bond
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-4-2008 at 10:19

I haven't seen the new one, but I don't really like any of the new era Bond movies. Especially the last three or so...the music is just awful for a start. I KNOW that there's a lot of advanced technology; why do I have to LISTEN to it??? I think the music in the old Bonds with the various themes coming in over and over again in different ways is so strong that you can just keep using them in each movie without them getting boring.

I agree with Bonny about plot. I really don't give a shit about explosions and gadgetry by themselves (unless they're on mythbusters). I'd much prefer the Bond movies to focus on plot and the characters like in the 60s and 70s instead of trying to give the impression of cutting edge technology all the time. I think the movie Gattaca did this exact thing really well: it was in the style of an old movie (and everybody wore 50s style suits) but it was set in a highly technological future.

BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 22-4-2008 at 11:17

Hey! You like Mythbusters too?

I liked The World Is Not Enough though, that was my first Bond, and I saw it in cinema. It has my least favourite Bond-girl though (Christmas).
What I also dislike about newer Bonds is they take the swing out of the Bond theme.

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 22-4-2008 at 13:16

I love Mythbusters! I think they combine science and engineering and entertainment so well. Adam is hilarious and Carrie is frankly quite the fox.

There was a bond girl named Christmas? What were they thinking with that one?

And the swing Bond theme was the BEST! I love it. I used to play in a concert band until recently that did it and it just takes off. It's almost like The Stripper, but cooler and more sinister.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 22-4-2008 at 14:57

She's called Kari, Kari Byron.
Myself I find it hard to choose between Grant and Tory... and Adam always cracks me up when he's juggling.

Christmas Jones is from The World Is Not Enough, played by Denise Richards. There's also Elektra King, played by Sophie Marceau. I thought Richard's too plain. But Christmas is a nuclear physicist.

(Denise Richards is the girl behind Brosnan.)

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 23-4-2008 at 14:43

I've actually seen that. I saw it with my grandmother at the movies, but my eyes were so bad at the time that i had to wear sunglasses and they were closed most of the time. So I don't remember much about it. Except that there was a giant oil pipeline or something. Is that right?

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 23-4-2008 at 20:30

There was! Elektra King's father was installing a pipeline, then he got shot. There are neato shots of Bond lying on a skateboardy thing rolling through the pipeline to get to the bad guys.

What did you get with your eyes? Too much sunshine?

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 24-4-2008 at 11:24

Maybe not enough sunshine :) I don't know exactly what I had but every now and again my eyes became infected and I was in constant pain until I fell asleep, and the light just made it worse. I wore sunglasses all the time. I can't remember if it was diagnosed as something specific...I think it was a combination of things.

Which is your favourite Bond movie? There was a time maybe ten years ago when one of the tv stations played a different Bond every week, so I've seen most of them. I don't remember them too well. I saw probably most of the Connery and Moore ones before I saw a newer one, and that might be why i'm biased.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 24-4-2008 at 17:50

GoldFinger, followed closely by From Russia With Love and Thunderball. I'm also fond of the Dalton Bonds Licenced To Kill and The Living Daylights.

And yours? :cool:

punknaynowned
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 24-4-2008 at 19:32

I'm sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your eyes scallop
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 25-4-2008 at 01:14

Hey, thanks Poly :bald: Thankfully it all went away after a few years, so the only problems I have now is trying to read speed signs before I pass them in a car.

scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

[*] posted on 25-4-2008 at 01:41

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
GoldFinger, followed closely by From Russia With Love and Thunderball. I'm also fond of the Dalton Bonds Licenced To Kill and The Living Daylights.

And yours? :cool:

Why do my posts sometimes get doubled? Anyway, I think From Russia With Love is my favourite.

BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 25-4-2008 at 09:52

Is OK... I deleted it already. FRWL has a great plot but when they sit in the train for so long it tends to drag. I love Goldfinger for its music. And the solid gold laser beam.

There's an episode of Dexter's Lab called Photo Finish which makes a great Bond parody, including the gold laser scene. I loved that episode. And I love Dexter, of course. Unfortunately said episode's not on YouTube.

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top