Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: out of home
DED
Administrator

Mood: a happy upgrader feeling

[*] posted on 18-11-2006 at 10:56

Apart from the water problem, it looks familiair to Holland and maybe the rest of Europe.
The west coast known as North an south Holland are very crowded. Where it was an exeption to build apartmentbuildings of 16 floors they now build them over 30 floors high. They Stack people. New residents from esp. Africa and Arabia mostly ends up there in the old parts. where black and white is about 40:1.
At our parth in the south you have some space to live outside the city center where they also build 30 floors high.
We live in a so called Vinex part. That is a name for new urban parts mainly build on agricultural fields. All family houses with small gardens, no parking places apart from your drive and streets formed as mazes. It's our luck that after our house there are only three houses and a smal 3 floor apartment building and than freedom. A national park starts and only two motorways, 1 between Germany and Anvers and one between Amsterdam and Maastricht are seperating us from the Belgian border. It is fun bicycling there in the woods and haze.
I know those vertical things we had them when we lived for a year in a nearby village. Ours were from lastic with little wholes.
What we didn't knew was that when the lights are on you could see trough from the outside. Our bathroom was on the streetside. Fortunaly someone told us with a big grin aftre our first "shows":D
scallopino
Frank Zappa Status

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 20-11-2006 at 09:05

Australia is in the middle of its "worst drought in 1000 years". It's not that we are running out of natural water resources, just that the reservoirs in the cities are getting empty. The rest of the country has no problem. We don't have any problem because we live in the country about an hour from Melbourne and have a gigantic water tank that never goes below half.

There aren't that many apartment buildings here even near the cities as far as i know. There ARE apartment buildings but they are only right in the middle of the cities (where a lot of people live) and overlooking the harbours (which the really rich high classes live).

How long would it take to drive to germany or belgium?

DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 20-11-2006 at 16:15

The German border (Duisnurg) aprox. 60 km say, half an hour drive. About an hour to Koln and Dusseldorf (Dweezildorf)
The Belgian border on the motor way 20 minutes. But there is nothing so make it 30 min. to world famous Turnhout. Never heard of it? Possible, but look on your playing cards. Most cards in the world are fabricated here. On bicycle it's is aprox 1/2 hour to the border but there is only a monestry wich brews his own beer.
With the car on the secunary road it is aprox. 20 minutes to Lommel. To my place of birth in Holland (The Hague it is 148 km, and a 2 hour drive (normally 11/2) but I am "shitting 7 colours of shit" from fear in a tunnel so I need to take the long road over a bridge. To ZAZ in Amsterdam it is 123 km, normally a 90 minute quarters drive. We go a lot of times to Belgium and almost never to Germany.
BBP
Super Administrator

Mood: Cheerful yet relaxed

[*] posted on 20-11-2006 at 20:29

Last time we went to Germany was a few years ago, when we went to a fun fair for a day in Aachen. That was fun! Sooooo many food tents!

Check out my site at:http://bonny.ploeg.ws
DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 20-11-2006 at 21:16

Yes, and before that I was for business a few times in the north and the middle of Germany. And we went for Rust a few years ago to see the europapark (http://www.europapark.de).
I do not know why we are going so little to Germany.
DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 20-11-2006 at 21:33

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Last time we went to Germany was a few years ago, when we went to a fun fair for a day in Aachen. That was fun! Sooooo many food tents!

Erst kommt das Fressen...:D
DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 20-11-2006 at 21:36

Drinkwater problem
In summer we had the same problem in July.
But than it is good to live here. Since we have made that long dike in the North the Southsee has become Lake Ijssel. Some rivers ends there and it is enough to keep more water in than usual to prevent shortages.
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 20-11-2006 at 23:29

Quote:
Originally posted by DED
Yes, and before that I was for business a few times in the north and the middle of Germany. And we went for Rust a few years ago to see the europapark (http://www.europapark.de).

Because our car runs on gas and is hard to park because of that?

DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 21-11-2006 at 20:02

Quote:
Originally posted by BBP
Quote:
Originally posted by DED

Because our car runs on gas and is hard to park because of that?

Thats a nice one yes.
every car drives on gas but ours drive on Liquified petrol gas or LPG. That mean an extra tank in the car with an explosive content. In fact it is saver than petrol but nevertheless they refuse to park cars like mine to use a roofed parking. Standing out in the open is okay with me but there is kess of that available. And I do not like the guy's from Germany, maybe they are too Dutch, even more as we. :freak:

[Edited on 21-11-2006 by DED]
BBP
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 22-11-2006 at 12:08

Remember those lovely Germans that were camping next to us in Aix-en-Provence? The ones with 5 kids and number 6 on the way?

DED
Administrator

[*] posted on 22-11-2006 at 21:21

If you mean the family with the HUUUUUGE caravan wich they bump into a tree when the leave. I remember them.
But one thing more It was not Aix my favourite city.
I do not know wich camping it was, still thinking.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top